PDA

View Full Version : Rear brake light problems

FA50 rider
3rd July 2006, 20:32
Rear brake light problems
i got a new bulb for i my rear brake light for my suzuki FA50
but i think there is a wiring problem
for starts
when the motor is runnig the low beam for the front and back light should always be going (right?)
well mine isn't
but theres the real problem when the brakes light goes on it SHOULD be the HIGH beam thats always on (when you put on the brakes) but on mine its the low beam
so all up the rear back brake high beam isn't going on when i put on the brakes (its the low beam that does)
HIGH BEAM-Braking light
LOW BEAM-notification light (for people be hind you)
so any ideas on where the wiring is going wrong
thanks for all the help that you give-Johnnie:yes: :yes:

texmo
3rd July 2006, 23:11
I wouldnt bother dude sounds pretty boogie and unless you have a clue, then you have to take it to a mechanic with a problem like that your looking at hours not minutes.

Motu
4th July 2006, 08:09
Self taught in isolation? Unusual take on how your lights work.....but I think i can translate....

You have a dual filiment bulb in the rear lamp - a 5w for the tail lamp and a 21w for the brake.So the 5w should be going all the time,the 21w comes on when you use the brake.You have the wires reversed....or someone has managed to jam the bulb in the wrong way around.

FA50 rider
4th July 2006, 08:41
thats what i thought so im going to have a look at it today (its raining so i have the hole to day have a look) but you as i get new parts for this scooter i will find something else wrong with it SO once i have this problem sorted im finshed, the scooter is done and the person can come and get it!
thanks Johnnie

scass
30th June 2010, 07:04
Hi Johnnie,

I know this is an old post but my wife's fa50 is having the same brake light issue with the high beam always on and the low beam coming on when you hot the brakes. I found this post online and hoped you were able to fix the issue. I checked the wiring and it seems to be hooked up correctly. Did you find out what was causing this?

Thanks,

Scott