PDA

View Full Version : Motorbike luggage

crusa
3rd July 2006, 22:37
Would like to know if there are any bike shops or other out there that has a good range of bike luggage ie panniers/ sissy bar bags etc for touring.I have looked at motomail.Is there anyone that makes them.

Cheers

What?
4th July 2006, 06:25
I'd be surprised if anyone in NZ has a better range on hand than Motomail, but you may well find better prices elsewhere.
Specific stuff for a V-Rod? Go and see Lou at AMPS.

nadroj
4th July 2006, 06:30
Ventura Pack Racks and soft luggage is made in Hamilton. Available at most bike shops.

Lou Girardin
4th July 2006, 08:58
AMPS usually order in for customers, there's too much gear to stock it all.
If you don't mind spending the bucks, stick to Harley bags. They look factory and resell better. They also do some fantastic textile pack bags. Otherwise there's Givi, Oxford, Ventura to name a few.

Fub@r
14th July 2006, 18:36
I'd be surprised if anyone in NZ has a better range on hand than Motomail, but you may well find better prices elsewhere.
Specific stuff for a V-Rod? Go and see Lou at AMPS.

I just purchased a Givi from Motomail and I told them what other places sold them for and he undercut their price :blip:

98tls
14th July 2006, 18:47
FWIW i reckon OXFORD stuff is great...www.oxprod.com

What?
17th July 2006, 06:43
I just purchased a Givi from Motomail and I told them what other places sold them for and he undercut their price :blip:
Good stuff! I am pretty sure that Phil would never have done that.

Fub@r
18th July 2006, 21:28
Got my Givi on today..........pretty stoked. No more backpack :yes:

crusa
19th July 2006, 18:37
Thanks for the replys I have finally found a bag to suit my purpose at AMPs It is a HD Bag but also suits other bikes,the main reasons i will buy as it fits my sissy bar with no hassles just slips on and can be locked to luggage rack easily it will also fit various widths of sissy bars if i decide to get another bike,some of the other gear i looked at was not as easy to secure to my bike rack or large enough (Wanted a large textile type bag). it is big enough to hold gear for 2 people and comes with a large roll bag to put in more gear which can secure to bag or be used on its own for day trips also come,s with rain liner in all a good practical set for our touring requirements.just need to decide on a tank bag now.

Luggage i looked at was K drive,Givi,Ventura,Oxford,i also searched the net and found postage prices from Australia averaged $AU40.00 and the States $US60.00 an item and worked out more expensive than getting it from stores that stocked the gear and i was a bit hesitant about getting something that i had not seen physically then finding it didnt suit.saying that there is some very nice gear to be found on the net.