PDA

View Full Version : Pics from Knebworth Classic Bike Show

jazbug5
4th July 2006, 01:21
Went to this last month, and took a few pics on my new phone (apologies for the less than Pulitzer quality, chaps). Still, having just got around to uploading them, I thought some of you might enjoy figuring out what the heck some of them are.

Note the special edition trike: can we think of someone particularly well suited to this (after one or two mods perhaps: a missile launcher or two...)?

Won't bother writing up much about it other than to remark that they seemed to have brought some ex Butlin's Red Coat out of retirement to do the announcing: he kept skipping up to women and then nudging them in the ribs while asking them if they'd let their hubby own 7 bikes... he nearly had a fit when he was confronted with a woman who'd built her own.
Went all red and everything. Awww.

jazbug5
4th July 2006, 01:25
And some more... (shame I didn't get pictures of some of the folk there; some original 'Ace Cafe' ton-up types in full rocker regalia... class.)

Paul in NZ
4th July 2006, 08:30
Noooice one...

Some neat old bikes there but that Suzuki waterbus... OMG what was he thinking but so beautifully done... but the chrome, the colours aargh!

Hope you had a nice day out, we will have you on a old Brit bike yet Jaz... (go on, you KNOW you want a leather jacket with studs spelling 'Rocker' across the back)

pritch
4th July 2006, 08:37
Some tasty machinery and I Loved the Springer spaniel :-)

jazbug5
4th July 2006, 11:53
Cheers Paul- you would have loved it there, I guarantee.

Looked all over for a Guzzi for you, but to no avail - sorry. Still, there were plenty of old, old bikes shiny and grimy- both sorts.

Would love to have an old British bike, but I reckon I need to get a bit more sharperer on mechanics first. Some of these guys had spent seven or eight years restoring their beloved machines, fashioning widgets out of widgets etc... they really were very odd people.

The other thing I wish I'd got a shot of (but I was too busy gaping in horror) was a gold plated Goldwing. I sh*t you not. Bought to spec (I think) by some American bloke and kept garaged for twenty odd years before selling to the current owner who had put all of 300 miles on it, I think.
Fugliest thing EVER...

PS Can I get the jacket anyway..?

jazbug5
4th July 2006, 11:58
... I Loved the Springer spaniel :-)

Yeah, custom job that. Prefer it with fairings myself.

Tee hee. Time to go to bed now... becoming odderer...

Motu
4th July 2006, 12:37
Well I can see a Guzzi behind the M20 Sidecar - where were you looking girl? That M20 (or M21) is later than it looks,with an alloy head and narcelle,they made them into the '60's.The red and cream Norton behind the said spanial is very rare,I've never seen one in real life.And a street legal dustbin fairing - choice!

If there's one fing wot I like
It's a burn up on my bike
A burn up wif my bird upon my bike....

paturoa
4th July 2006, 12:54
My family is staying at the sandspit camp ground (near warkworth) at the moment and there was a 1928 aerial 500 exactly like pic 2, there. It was mostly in original condition and even had the original 1928 liscense on it!

Paul in NZ
4th July 2006, 13:45
Well I can see a Guzzi behind the M20 Sidecar - where were you looking girl? That M20 (or M21) is later than it looks,with an alloy head and narcelle,they made them into the '60's.The red and cream Norton behind the said spanial is very rare,I've never seen one in real life.And a street legal dustbin fairing - choice!

If there's one fing wot I like
It's a burn up on my bike
A burn up wif my bird upon my bike....

Yup - a MkIV LeMans

That Norton is rare becasue they never sold well i suppose? Not sure if it's a navagator or a Jubilee or electra or what ever but there was one on trade me a while back slightly incomplete (like them all) but they really don't appeal much to me... Now a nice little Fanny B - Cor - marvelous...

jazbug5
4th July 2006, 17:40
Well I can see a Guzzi behind the M20 Sidecar - where were you looking girl?

D'oh! How very embarrassing... didn't notice it at the time, and it must have left not long after when I started looking, and the pictures look really small on my phone, and the dog ate my homework, and I'm registered blind, and...

...I'm going to go and hide behind the sofa now. Ahem.

smokeyging
4th July 2006, 17:56
Went to this last month, and took a few pics on my new phone (apologies for the less than Pulitzer quality, chaps).

Nothing wrong with those photos, those camera phones are getting darned impressive.