PDA

View Full Version : Found something really cool on Internet

ASKA
4th July 2006, 15:44
I found something really cool in internet .it is for the scooter weather gear
not just like one piece of weather gear hard to put on
they call it 'scooter coat'' :scooter: just like coat but when the raining day u can let it become raincoat. got black,blue,beige,army camouflage colors look like very convenient and useful..:first:
when I get scooter I probably get one of those.:blip:
what do u guys think about this??

The Wop
4th July 2006, 16:09
And if you are going to be riding in Auckland in Winter, decent rain gear is a must!

One word of warning, though in buying any riding gear. It is imperative that you wear gear that fits you properly and is comfortable. I would recommend, therefore, that you don't buy over the web. It is far better to go into your nearest bike shop, get properly fitted and buy the right stuff. It may be a little more expensive than what is available over the web, but you don't want ill-fitting or uncomfortable gear distracting you from the concentration you need to ride well!

Mr. Peanut
4th July 2006, 16:14
Have a look into buying some cordura riding gear, It's cheap enough, doesn't look stupid and it'll probably save your skin. :yes:

Quasievil
4th July 2006, 16:28
I would recommend, therefore, that you don't buy over the web. It is far better to go into your nearest bike shop, get properly fitted and buy the right stuff. It may be a little more expensive than what is available over the web, but you don't want ill-fitting or uncomfortable gear distracting you from the concentration you need to ride well!

Bollocks..... most web based sellers will not only be cheaper they will let you return it if your not happy and replace it with a correct fitting set. I have practically no returns for wrong fitting.
Additionally the bike shop will stitch ya in to whatever they have in stock, and dont give a fuck if its a good fit or not, I for one spend heaps of time getting gear right for my customers and If I cant I get a set of gear made exactly their size by the manuafacturer, tell me ONE retailer that would do that?

texmo
4th July 2006, 17:25
That coat is even gayer than a fag rag thing.

Mr. Peanut
4th July 2006, 18:06
I was going to say something like that. But it wasn't very nice. So I :shutup:

andrea
4th July 2006, 19:10
weird it looks really weird

N4CR
4th July 2006, 19:53
corduradoesn't look stupid

Excuse me? Course it looks stupid. But you stop laughing when I go around the outside in a fluro vest with my boots tucked under the cordura. Muahahahahahaah props to texmo for actually having the balls to do that ;)

But it is very practical and sorta works when you crash. I don't like it for any other reason.

Titanium
4th July 2006, 20:37
Bollocks..... most web based sellers will not only be cheaper they will let you return it if your not happy and replace it with a correct fitting set. I have practically no returns for wrong fitting.
Additionally the bike shop will stitch ya in to whatever they have in stock, and dont give a fuck if its a good fit or not, I for one spend heaps of time getting gear right for my customers and If I cant I get a set of gear made exactly their size by the manuafacturer, tell me ONE retailer that would do that?

Ahmen to that brother Quasi..........

ASKA
4th July 2006, 22:54
wow
so many ppl have feedbacks on this product!
if any of u see me on da road wearing these i hope u guys wont think its "gay" LOL.
coz most rain gear i've seen in bike shops are mostly one piece and they jst look extremely annoying 2 put on...
enough 2 worry abt when riding in rain and i certainly wouldn't like to worry abt my rain gear...
these look easy n convenient 2 use and they come with shoe covers which will protect shoes from getting wet.
isn't that awesome?
well
no one's gona worry abt how "flashy" they look when they r riding in rain i suppose!
at least i wouldnt!
coz most important thing is i am protected from rain n wind while riding...
this is my personal opinion!
maybe i'll get a set 2 try soon in da future n keep u guys posted!
afterall i think all guys luv having practical gears rather than flashy but useless stuff huh?

The Wop
5th July 2006, 08:46
I stand corrected! I have been stitched up by a web retailer, clearly not your fine self, and that is why I am weary. My personal preference is to see something and try it on before parting with cash.

Maybe I should have made myself more clear in my post too, that you should be weary of buying from beyond NZ on the web. You are not covered by the NZ Consumer Guarantees act, so they have no reason to refund you for bad purchasers.

Remember "Caveat Emptor". Buyer beware!

ogr1
5th July 2006, 08:53
That's about as cool as warm penguin piss :doobey:

Cookie
5th July 2006, 09:00
The range in the first image should be called

"Bishop Brian Tamaki meets Scooter Rider."

MrPeanut's advice is good. You don't want to look like a "fashion victim" out there. Leave that to the sprotsbike riders! ;)

ASKA
6th July 2006, 22:56
I was waiting for bus at the bus stop after work. A guy that was riding scooter pulled over near me and was about to put on his rain gear.( 1 piece) I thought I would time him.
Actually he took around 10 minutes.:gob: I went up and asked him whether it is waterproof or not. He said it is only "water resistant" and does not keep him warm from wind.
He also told me it is hard to put on if he has thicker clothing underneath. I think I would try the rain gear I mentioned before. Because I am a lazy person and I don't want to take that long to get myself geared up in the rain for 10 minutes. I found that it is being sold on TradeMe the other day.
Has someone actually bought these and tried? :yes: If I ever get my scooter I would try these coats and let you guys know.:scooter:

Cookie
7th July 2006, 09:11
There are regular threads here about gear that you might find helpful just use search for soemthing like : rain jacket.

e.g.
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=24984

I use "DriRider" gear at the moment and find it is warm and dry and perfect for what I need. Others will have their own brands of gear they find good.

Mine has built in additional protection for elbows, shoulders, back and knees.

The only problem with it is it makes my butt look big. :)

ASKA
11th July 2006, 21:40
THanks man ..