PDA

View Full Version : Te Rapa Roundabout - SH1 and Avalon

Titanium
4th July 2006, 20:45
Hamilton riders or those passing through, make sure you survive the BK roundabout, the road is covered in diesel .....

Lack of rain in the last 10 days and a few pain in the a$$ showers today have made this a slick......

Put the cage in to a slide here this afternoon.

Keep the rubber side down......

Colapop
4th July 2006, 20:55
Hopefully you've helped someone out there T.
Thanks from them...

sAsLEX
4th July 2006, 20:58
Put the cage in to a slide here this afternoon.

Careful sustained loss of traction and Diesel on the road! Thats a recipie for car impounding there!

Mental Trousers
4th July 2006, 20:58
Indeed Colapop.

It is, however, one of the roundabouts on the heavy traffic route (another is the one ZeroIndex arsed off at on Greenwood Rd) so the bloody thing gets a lot of diesel on it. But recently conditions have been farken atrocious around there.

Colapop
4th July 2006, 21:00
That's the one (roundabout) on the way North innit before ya head out to the freezing works (name escapes me)

deeknow
4th July 2006, 21:04
Thanx for the Heads-up T, another one to watch later this week with the cold snap on the way is the Cobham drive lights as you come down from the Hospital towards the river, is DYNAMITE in the frost, plus all the usual busy road slick shit underneath, me and a workmate have both had a couple of slides there on the way to work in the last week.

Titanium
4th July 2006, 21:09
That's the one (roundabout) on the way North innit before ya head out to the freezing works (name escapes me)

Yeah it is..........

Colapop
4th July 2006, 21:11
Horotiu!! I 'membered... good head eh?

My sis is up there in Dismaldale....

Titanium
4th July 2006, 21:14
Horotiu!! I 'membered... good head eh?

My sis is up there in Dismaldale....

And you even smelt it the right way............