PDA

View Full Version : VTZ of Doom project moves forward

Insanity_rules
4th July 2006, 21:05
Well seeing as its not great riding weather I decided to get a good swag of work done on project VTZ of Doom.
I handed over another wad of bills. Had no time to do the work myself so paid the bike shop. Work list this time....
1) Timing Chains
2) New Yuasa battery
3) New Plugs
4) Check compression
5) Oil and filter
What a difference, sounds and runs sooo much better. Next stop new exhaust, any ideas guys? Was thinking of cycleworks. Want it to breath a bit better and sound like a good twin should.

Big thanks to TSS, great service and well priced.

Madness
4th July 2006, 21:14
I've got a wee list of things that need doing myself. Sure is a good way to dispose of any disposable income this motorsickle lark.

Re the pipes, two words to consider. Over capitalisation. You plan on being on a Honda 250cc V-Twin forever??, I know how old you are remember...

Insanity_rules
4th July 2006, 21:20
I've got a wee list of things that need doing myself. Sure is a good way to dispose of any disposable income this motorsickle lark.

Re the pipes, two words to consider. Over capitalisation. You plan on being on a Honda 250cc V-Twin forever??, I know how old you are remember...

Fair call, won't have it for a lot longer but its fun and you cant take it with you right? Can't wait to trade up from the 250 twin to the 1000 Twin. The VTZs gonna go through another licencing, it'll be handed to the wife.

Madness
4th July 2006, 21:30
Don't ditch it just yet, I need to borrow a 250 at some stage to do some test thingy??:blip:

Wasp
4th July 2006, 21:35
Nice Nice Nice :yes:

cycleworks exhaust (naturally) as previously discussed.

any chance of a ride on the old girl? i promise to treat her real gentle :blip:

Insanity_rules
4th July 2006, 21:37
Don't ditch it just yet, I need to borrow a 250 at some stage to do some test thingy??:blip:

Trade ya for a ride of that sexy ZX of yours

ducatilover
4th July 2006, 21:43
Well seeing as its not great riding weather I decided to get a good swag of work done on project VTZ of Doom.
What a difference, sounds and runs sooo much better. Next stop new exhaust, any ideas guys? Was thinking of cycleworks. Want it to breath a bit better and sound like a good twin should.

Big thanks to TSS, great service and well priced.
reverse megaphone of some description. mine cost 100 bucks and gave it alot more peak power and didnt even need re-jetting:first: sounds the shit too

Insanity_rules
4th July 2006, 21:46
reverse megaphone of some description. mine cost 100 bucks and gave it alot more peak power and didnt even need re-jetting:first: sounds the shit too

What brand is it duke and where did ya get it?

ducatilover
4th July 2006, 21:54
What brand is it duke and where did ya get it?
shit, i dont know the brand but i got it from manawatu motorcycles. $99:scooter: