PDA

View Full Version : Impact Airbag jackets.

DougB
4th July 2006, 23:38
http://www.impactjackets.com/

Ixion
4th July 2006, 23:40
Some people have WAY too much time on their hands.

ZeroIndex
4th July 2006, 23:42
I'll only get one if volvo make one.. and it has to have a built-in heater, that doesn't use current or any power source.. :D

SARGE
5th July 2006, 00:04
wtf???

yea.. i can see that causing a few crashes.. JSG, wearing his new airbag jacket.. tries getting knee down on Scenic drive.. a bit too far over..

*PFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSS*

oh the humanity.

Jantar
5th July 2006, 00:10
There is an owners review of the jacket on http://www.stromtrooper.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6467

BeakerRAT
5th July 2006, 01:02
Like wearing one of those SUMO suits. In the event of an off you wouldn't be able to tuck your arms in, guess they figure it's better to protect your core rather than your limbs.

ZeroIndex
5th July 2006, 06:49
Like wearing one of those SUMO suits. In the event of an off you wouldn't be able to tuck your arms in, guess they figure it's better to protect your core rather than your limbs.
very good point

SARGE
5th July 2006, 08:06
i still say we should pool up and get JSG and Spork into a set and try them out ..

for Science naturally...

Sniper
5th July 2006, 08:46
Cool jackets for fat people.

Mr. Peanut
5th July 2006, 08:50
Hehehe. The poofta jacket.

I can see that going off if you did an endo. Think about it.
If its so great, why don't they use them in MOTOGP?

ogr1
5th July 2006, 08:52
Weebles wobble, but they don't fall down?

Squeak the Rat
5th July 2006, 09:54
Think about it.
If its so great, why don't they use them in MOTOGP?
Not many trees or curbs in MotoGP.....

I can just see it, a few pints at the boozer and two bikers inflate their sumo jackets, take 10 paces and charge...... the person who spills the most beer loses...

carbacca
19th October 2007, 12:13
i think its pretty cool. anyone else thinks its a good idea??

http://www.impactjackets.com/

Ocean1
19th October 2007, 12:28
i think its pretty cool. anyone else thinks its a good idea??

Yeah, saw them a while ago.

Visions of stoping to help hot chick with a puncture.
Swing leg off bike, saunter nonchalantly over to demonstrate superior male technical and physical attributes, (forgetting about the lanyard).

“Can I hel”… Bwwooofff... instant Michelin man impersonation. Much loss of dignity, bad karma etc...

007XX
19th October 2007, 13:07
Yeah, saw them a while ago.

Visions of stoping to help hot chick with a puncture.
Swing leg off bike, saunter nonchalantly over to demonstrate superior male technical and physical attributes, (forgetting about the lanyard).

“Can I hel”… Bwwooofff... instant Michelin man impersonation. Much loss of dignity, bad karma etc...

:slap:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Awwww, man, you always crack me up! :niceone: I got a good imagination, and you depict things so well!!!

Ocean1
19th October 2007, 13:19
:slap:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Awwww, man, you always crack me up! :niceone: I got a good imagination, and you depict things so well!!!

Um, yer. Don't need quite that much artificial help with a chubby, especially given the quality of said visionary good-deed-recipient.

007XX
19th October 2007, 13:27
Um, yer. Don't need quite that much artificial help with a chubby, especially given the quality of said visionary good-deed-recipient.

Yes, well I guess there are downsides sometimes to being a gentleman...

It might explain (partly) why it has become such a dying breed! :laugh: Death by suffocation maybe?

Ocean1
19th October 2007, 13:41
Yes, well I guess there are downsides sometimes to being a gentleman...

It might explain (partly) why it has become such a dying breed! :laugh: Death by suffocation maybe?

Dimentia, caused by a certain significant drop in cranial blood pressure.

I blame these modern miniskirts.

007XX
19th October 2007, 13:57
Dimentia, caused by a certain significant drop in cranial blood pressure.

I blame these modern miniskirts.

Eeerrr, it ain't that modern...one would think you'd have gotten to use them by now! :dodge:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Quant

ambler
19th October 2007, 14:24
it never ceases to amaze me how quickly and thoroughly threads on these forums go right off topic....

I see them in the shops here, they seem to sell allright but are not overly popular. I have heard opinions that the effect you get is more of a bounce than a cushioning, and that the part around the neck can force your head into an unnatural position. But this doesn't seem totally right and I wonder if the people giving these opinions actually know what they are talking about.
If I had just slammed into a car and launched across the top of it like superman, and someone magically stopped time and said "Would you like to put one of these jackets on?", I'm pretty sure I would say yes.

Freakshow
19th October 2007, 14:51
it never ceases to amaze me how quickly and thoroughly threads on these forums go right off topic....

I see them in the shops here, they seem to sell allright but are not overly popular. I have heard opinions that the effect you get is more of a bounce than a cushioning, and that the part around the neck can force your head into an unnatural position. But this doesn't seem totally right and I wonder if the people giving these opinions actually know what they are talking about.
If I had just slammed into a car and launched across the top of it like superman, and someone magically stopped time and said "Would you like to put one of these jackets on?", I'm pretty sure I would say yes.

I think they would be great if you fell off a bridge!!!:pinch:

u4ea
19th October 2007, 15:28
Just wondering what would happen if ya hit a post a broke some ribs if it wouldnt constrict ya breathing anymore??Not my style of protection..may as well drive a car with air bags......:Pokey:

motorbyclist
9th November 2007, 23:35
airbags for bikers: discuss (http://www.mojoflix.com/Video/Airbag-for-the-motorcyclist.html)

EDIT: i've been told that link is NSFW. i use adblock so i didn't realise. i originally planned on dlownloading it and then uploading to youtube, but couldn't download

onearmedbandit
9th November 2007, 23:50
Should put a NSFW warning on that mate.

Otherwise something like that could've prevented my injury. But then I would've had to come up with another username and I can be arsed.

0arbreaka
10th November 2007, 23:40
Even that wouldnt have saved Dan, good concept though.

motorbyclist
11th November 2007, 01:28
that one looks like it could help prevent neck injuries, but there seems to be alot out there where the whole jacket inflates...

my only concern is that they operate on a tether to the bike - kinda useless if you go smack into a car/bus or otherwise never get free from your machine.

and imagine forgetting it was there when you get off your bike!

motorsafe
24th November 2007, 20:14
Hi Guy

Check this link out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoGDwBiTYdU this rider from USA survive the crash wearing a airbag jacket

Dargor
24th November 2007, 20:33
Interesting, but how many bikers break their spine / ribs wearing regular leathers-with-armor anyway.