PDA

View Full Version : Crashed @ Pukekohe :(

Kwaka-Kid
19th April 2003, 03:15
God Took my reason to live.

I found the edge of my rear tyre.  Coming onto the front streight i was just back by a bit from my mates ZXR400, coming into the first fast righthand jennian homes corner he started to break, i just whacked on the throttle because i was sure i could get through without breaking, just id have to get right down... so anyways who knows what speed around 160 at a guess? i came through the corner PERFECTLY, i swear it was perfect, i leaned, got down furhter then ever before, and i swear i was all of a few inchs from scraping my knee, and i needed to get down a little lower, just a little, to make the corner perfect, so i did.. and then all of a sudden it felt like the bike was going to tip onto its right hand side, like really fast, so i accel/rip it up to the left, streighten it up, and go offroad... where i didnt actually lock up, but just the brakeing on the front on slippery grass i think made the rear (prolly actually slidding a little udner engine braking) coming around, and hello! my rear wheel was trying to overtake me on the right hand side!

It all turned to shit, bike over ass over bike over ass over sand into bike ouch tank crack oumph ahhhhhhhh.  Fuck yeah, now that was a buzz! is how it all happend :) only the buzz bit lasted 1second, then it was allout rage :P my apologies go to the poor track dudes that copped the lot. and thanks for bringing my bike back.

Well i spose at least i found that edge, only i dont want to find it again, Because when i do, i seem to get a sore shoulder and a broken bike out of it :(

Ambulance came ffs, i didnt want it to, and they wanted to take me to hospital or somthing to get X-Rays of my lungs! they aint bones! they cant break! is exactly what i said.  Apparently the muscle in left shoulder is bruised/hasknots, and my left lung must be fairly well bruised, and apparently that means fluid can go into it or somthing ifi dont keep breathing heavy, but breathing heavy hurts.  Stuff it, i refused and jumped into my van, drove home with the bike in that back, which is where it lies now.

The only funny thing about the whole crash, was that it put thetiddliest scratch on my brand new racing boots, NOT ONE MARK on my brand new helmet/visor, yet ripped my old mans 15 year old leathers :( not too bad, i think they just split and let my left thigh take the grinding :P

cya all, life sux

SPman
19th April 2003, 06:29
Hell Logan  sorry to hear the news - tire testing????????

Nah, you havent lost your reason to live - it just feels like it at the moment. Youve just started going down the long hard road of experience building. A lot of us are well down the road and it can hurt like f**k, physically and financially!:argh:

But, when the pain has died down a bit, you cant wait to get back out there....   bloody mad motorcyclists

Get well soon and I hope your bikes not to badly bent.:beer:

MikeL
19th April 2003, 06:52
Hey Logan
Very sorry to hear about your crash. Glad that you're still in one piece, even though a bit sore. Could have been a lot worse! Was looking forward to meeting you on a ride, but suppose that will have to wait a while now. In the meantime, at least you've got something to talk about. Get well soon, and don't let it put you off!:calm:

Kwaka-Kid
19th April 2003, 09:33
Cheers guys.

Yeah it feels pretty bad right about now (physically) ithurts to breahte really deep and hurts when i cough :( but my legs etc are fine, just htat left shoulder and around left ribs, but they aint borken, not that i went hospital and found out, but i just know.

The bike aint too bad. all fairing and rear fairing shatterd pretty nasty. otherwise its just the handle bar gripper part, the left bar is fine, the tripple clamp is fine, but the gripper bit.   - ill update on parts.

wari
19th April 2003, 10:54
Glad you're not too badly hurt mate ... make sure you keep breathing eh!!

Goddess of Goof
19th April 2003, 11:33
Hi Logan,
Just a quick post to wish you a "speedy" recovery, pun intended
I guess.......

I've been flag marshalling for years now and seen
riders go down in all sorts of ways .... yours sounds real painful. Get some physiotherapy eh.
You may well feel a huge anti motorcycling humphf for a week or two at the most. It fades.
I'v come off several times in five years, and hurt myself each time, and still riding.
Bloody mad motorcyclists OK, yes we are all addicted.

Watch out for that lung though. Get it checked properly, that's
what you pay your ACC levies for man.

Big cheerups and take it easy on yourself for a while.

bluninja
19th April 2003, 23:44
KK, sorry to hear about your accident. Glad it happened at a track, rather than on the open road, as it's the safest place to fall off. Hmmmm, wonder which is more painful now? speeding fines or injured body/bike?

Do you know womens bodies produce a hormone after giving birth that affects the memory so that they don't remember the pain as vividly (otherwise they'd only ever have one child). I reckon men produce the same hormone after a bike crash; cos once your body heals and the pain goes away you'll just want to get back on and ride.:rolleyes:

Wishing you a quick recovery.

TTFN

Kwaka-Kid
21st April 2003, 17:21
cheers guys, well i rode the old gs1000 out to mungawhai the next morning, feeling incredibly stiff and kinda didnt want to ride but forced myself anyways :)

Enjoyed it altho stiff i found newer injuries including somwhere in my wrist, like the muscle things when i pull in the heavy beasts clutch.

Other then that just came home today, did some quiet jetskiing whilst i was there and had a great time, feeling great now without much pain at all. and survived the rides without any scares

thanks guys.

wkid_one
21st April 2003, 18:15
Well Logan, you missed a good track day today.......two bikes for 2 sessions - nice....the whole track to yourself.....

Kwaka-Kid
21st April 2003, 20:03
ohh neat! and bugger

so it cost $80?

Coldkiwi
22nd April 2003, 12:40
I'm glad you're ok Kwaka.

I hope you're not setting yourself up to be a glutton for punishment though! The human body generally likes to rest after a big trauma. Can't say I would've recommended going for another big ride up north.

How's the 400 look? Is it salvagble?

Kwaka-Kid
22nd April 2003, 19:08
i locked it in garage and am too scared to face it :(

well, yes, allfairing damage, but im sure me and my soldering iron can fix most of that, aswell as being offerd for free a front fibre glass fairing from the previous owner.

the tanks gotta few whacks, as i didnt bolt it down so it flew off whilst barrel rolling and landed a good 100m away, but i can bog that

i think i can do it all, and have it looking nice and pretty as i will finally paint her well, only thing is im scared to stringline her :/ the rear subchassis looks alrite.. but i knew the bike already had a slight tweak to the frame, but rode on pretending to be ignorant of it ;) but i cant keep doing that.. so i will stringline and at the very least make sure the wheels are streight this time.