PDA

View Full Version : Putting Honda Pal 50cc in Honda Nifty Fifty?

Rabbi
5th July 2006, 22:57
I am thinking of putting the Pal motor into my Nifty Fifty because Nifty Fifty scooters dont have a variator and i want one so i can mod the gearing. Also, my motor is pretty old.

What would be involved in the swap?
Is just the engine or would I need to carry over the starter, cdi, carby, etc?

FROSTY
5th July 2006, 23:11
mate I dont think its a atraight swap --youre gonna need --well basicly everything

skidMark
5th July 2006, 23:15
just buy a whole pal and ride it......either that or buy a "motorcycle".....

bungbung
6th July 2006, 08:51
You might be able to swap the entire motor/swingarm unit at once, depending on how the motor is mounted.

Karitane pete
6th July 2006, 22:06
I am thinking of putting the Pal motor into my Nifty Fifty because Nifty Fifty scooters dont have a variator and i want one so i can mod the gearing. Also, my motor is pretty old.
I thought a pal and nifty were both NQ50's?
are you share the nifty dont have a variator, have you pulled the belt cover and looked?

Rabbi
10th July 2006, 21:17
I thought a pal and nifty were both NQ50's?
are you share the nifty dont have a variator, have you pulled the belt cover and looked?
yeh they both have the same block but apparently the nifty didnt come with a variator.
a guy on this forum told me that, and so did the guys at Scootling

I've now looked a bit more into it and I'm after any of the Honda 50cc engines... the nifty fifty / pal block (AF08?), the AF18, or the AF24.

Preferrably the AF18 as its apparently the most powerful... but a AF24 would be good too... both the AF18 and AF24 have a lot of aftermarket gear for them.

Does anyone know where I can get any of these engines?
I've asked a number of wreckers but no luck yet...

Cheers

Rabbi
4th August 2006, 09:03
I found an AF18E!

Brian from Re Cycles is the man, he sold me the motor + exhaust + carby + fuel pump & fuel filter + transmission + full wiring loom (including CDI & coil) + throttle cable + rear wheel & brand new kickass tire.... all for $175

It was part of a pretty complete Dio SR, but he pulled it apart anyway. Stand up dude!

If anyone needs advice or parts go see Re Cycles or Davey's Motorcycles

Now I have to install this badboy....

Rabbi
6th December 2006, 19:55
Check out the thread below for progress with my Nifty Fifty project!!

http://scootling.co.nz/bb/viewtopic.php?t=265&start=0

xwhatsit
6th December 2006, 23:50
Sweeeet! That is awesome! I wouldn't mind getting an old scooter and... doing bad things to it :D. Good luck... with a bit of luck you can accelerate fast enough to avoid being squashed by a bus!

Rabbi
7th December 2006, 18:47
haha cheers mate, 100km/h is my goal... not sure if its wise to go that quick on a tiny nifty fifty tho