PDA

View Full Version : Hog Dissing

Big Dave
6th July 2006, 16:03
The baggin' some people give Harleys reminds me of the time I went to the 'Combined Bikers' show at Manilla - 60km or so West of Tamworth NSW with my mates Bob and Al and Rusty.

Bob had a few beautiful Harleys, but for this 2,000km tour was on his Heritage Classic - I called it pink - he insisted it was 'Salmon'.

His completely hard case brother, Al was on his Heritage. Rusty was on his hotted up 1200 Sportster and I used to occupy the position one out, one back on my Thunderbird.
We used to ride in pretty tight formation. It's completely different riding to here - there are hardly any corners and the roads don't wash away and are more reliable - so you tend to ride much tighter.

Wazza was on his Fat Boy and Rusty's 'Cousin George' tagged along on his BMW R85 as well as a work mate of Bob's who I'll just call (and called) 'Pretty Boy' on a Ducati 916.

Manilla NSW isn't the end of the earth, but you can see it from there. There are 2 corners in the 60km from Tamworth and a sea of wheat.

The town was obviously once a reasonable centre of commerce as the Community buildings - post office etc are all impressively and incongruously grand. They probably once supported a busy community of tens of thousands - now 100 people live there - maybe.

It's a top 10 contender for 'the middle of nowhere'.

The show grounds are exemplary, 10 acres, full contained by a seriously high masonry wall and sturdy gates, big grandstands and outbuildings.

These remote fortress like surrounds are hired by the 'Combined Bikers' who put on bands, dirty girls, and an all bikers welcome $50 at the gate party.

They come from all over the north eastern seaboard on mainly BEARS - 70% and the rest on larger Japs. Plenty of different patches to 'Wings' and trailer types, kicking back and pretty cool.

Burn out comps (Won by a Triumph!), barrel races, dirt drags, etc etc - then grab a bottle of Jack Daniels and drink till you stagger back to your tent or just fall over and pissed and sleep where you are - type affair.

Full bar facilities operating or bring your own. Big sign on the front gate - 'No cops allowed' and enough patched intimidation at the gate to make the 2 poor blokes in the Patrol crew cab, sent out from Tamworth think it's not worth it anyway.

There's trade shows, the guy selling badges, the goths and the witches stalls and guys selling performance and NOS. Numerous other trade stalls.

I found myself chatting to patched up members of the 'Odins Warriors' about a Bonneville and had a serious rave with some Banditos about Nortons. I had my Triumph tee on and there's always one new triumph nut in all of them.

When the party did get to the dirty girls on stage in the wee small hours, Cousin George, Rusty and I had had enough - what's the point in getting worked up when wives or even a 'spare' girl for George is hundreds of K's away!

Nah - we actually headed back to the quiet of the tents, made a choice little fire and had excellent coffee from George's BMW doohickey kit and a packet of chocolate biscuits pulled from the saddlebags and pestered the little master to 'tell us about winning the 250 World Cup at Brands Hatch again, Rus'.

The big party was lost in the distance except for the explosion of 'thundering kings' - a type of pipe bomb firework favoured at such shindigs and the beat of the bands.

Bob, Al, Wazza and the Pretty Boy went and oggled the strippers and lezzo act on stage.

This may have been where Pretty Boy came unstuck.

It could have been the running his well lubricated mouth off about Harleys and those that ride them - just a bit too loud for the company. Many of it dressed for the set of Mad Max. Some you suspect were living it.
Bob had a quiet word - Al had a word and said to me earlier in the night - 'he's going to be in trouble if he keeps on like that' - but he was already too far gone to listen.
But really, all that was just drawing unwanted attention to himself. I suspect it was when he got way too frisky with several someone's 'real ol' ladies' that he subsequently went missing.

First thing Rusty or George or I knew about it was the kerfuffle Bob and Al were making after they got back from the hospital.

Someone had given 'Pretty boy' a right kicking and our boys were out to settle the score.

Considering they were having trouble finding the tent zipper, there was probably little chance of them locating an unknown assailant among 3,000 equally pissed candidates.

'Will he be orright' - we mumble from sleeping bags - (it's 2c outside by now).
'He'll have to be - I'm not riding that fuckin' Ducati 800km in a straight line.' slurred Al.
And they took our advice to follow it up in the morning.

Next morning Pretty Boy was discharged from hospital and made his own way back to the showgrounds with some of the worst facial swelling i have ever seen.

Watching him push and prod it into a tight AGV full face was perhaps some of the funniest stuff i have ever seen and not been able to laugh at. He didn't take it off all the way home. Hardly said a word either.

'Sure', I thought at the time - 'Harleys are for old soft cocks and accountants' mate - just don't tell the ones who aren't.

Never saw him again. I did ask Bob later - no significant injury.

tomthepohm
6th July 2006, 16:20
Good on ya pretty boy, they probably wernt smart enough to have a discusion about it, and you know what a bunch of drunk fat old men with small dicks are like when they have had too much to drink, suprised he got away with a broken face.

I dont have anything against the bikes personally, but the attitude that you are hardcore because you ride one is laughable.

Ride across europe on a Gixer, then talk to me about hardcore.

Good report Dave, glad you had a good one.
Tom

onearmedbandit
6th July 2006, 16:25
So what you're saying is, if those who don't like HD's keep bagging them on this site they are going to end up getting the snot beaten out of them and end up in hospital?

I'd like to see a HD rider in a group of 3000 sportsbike riders try to burn a Japanese bike...

But really who gives a fuck?

Ixion
6th July 2006, 16:27
What ever became of the old biker rule of never dissing another biker's ride?

Big Dave
6th July 2006, 16:36
So what you're saying is, if those who don't like HD's keep bagging them on this site they are going to end up getting the snot beaten out of them and end up in hospital?

I'd like to see a HD rider in a group of 3000 sportsbike riders try to burn a Japanese bike...

I don't - And I'm not saying that at all - I'm saying if you go to an outlaw biker show and yell harleys are crap and try and screw their women then you might end up in Hospital actually.

I think everyone quite liked his bike.

The static just reminds me of the yarn.

James Deuce
6th July 2006, 16:37
That's a spoonerism for Dog Hissing.

**R1**
6th July 2006, 16:41
What ever became of the old biker rule of never dissing another biker's ride?I lost my rule book, and hogs are right down there with cages and scooters IMO (scooters are a bit of a laugh on the piss tho), but to each his own aye??

Big Dave
6th July 2006, 16:49
I lost my rule book, and hogs are right down there with cages and scooters IMO (scooters are a bit of a laugh on the piss tho), but to each his own aye??

OK - I changed the tag a bit.

I agree and you have to have a laugh at something.

Bonez
6th July 2006, 16:50
Log pissing rymes.

Big Dave
6th July 2006, 16:54

I like the way you always bring a certain relevance to the discussion Jim.

T.W.R
6th July 2006, 16:56
Generally Harleys are an OK bike, but it's their years of AMF years that screwed them for reliability dissing & mostly nowdays it's the born again suits that draw scorn towards them whereas 20 years ago it was the beer-gutted stinky knuckle draggers & ratty wee weasels that drew the criticism.

There aren't many real Harley fans in the bunch, just recent additions to the fray.

A good family friend is an avid Harley nut with a garage full of toys many would like to get hold of, with the likes of a type 71 1200 (that he took to canada & rode to the 03 harley anniversary at blackhills), a 65 sportster CH, 63 duo glide & the most modern one he has is 75 electraglide.

There aren't many modern hogs that appeal to him.

It's a stigma that Harley drew to themselves that creates the target of dissing, but hey fuck which marque doesn't ?

James Deuce
6th July 2006, 17:00
I like the way you always bring a certain relevance to the discussion Jim.

You're welcome. Nicely related tale by the way.

MSTRS
6th July 2006, 17:10
I got a Harley-riding mate or two....I ask them how their boat anchors are doing - and they ask how the world's biggest farmbike is....
It's all good.

Goblin
6th July 2006, 17:24
Log pissing rymes.
and frog kissing.

scumdog
6th July 2006, 17:32
I lost my rule book, and hogs are right down there with cages and scooters IMO (scooters are a bit of a laugh on the piss tho), but to each his own aye??

I guess ya STILL don't have a Harley yet Aaron??:wait:

Ixion
6th July 2006, 17:34
Everytime I see the title of this thread I hear banjos!

Big Dave
6th July 2006, 17:38

It went out the door with anonnimityness of the intarnet.

You can say I don't like these bikes because...(as I do)
and nobody should be offended - if you have valid reasons.
Thats where discussion and exchange of ideas stem from.
I've completely changed my attitude to scooters after riding a mile in their shoes.

Lots of new riders out there and in here. All deserve some respec.

I guess that's the parable of the tale - some just had to learn it the hard way.

And there is nothing wrong with takin the piss occasionally either aye! But I never have.

James Deuce
6th July 2006, 17:40
Only reason I'd ride a mile on a scooter is because I'd be a mile away from the scooter rider and I've got their scooter. Ha!

98tls
6th July 2006, 17:40
great read and a top trip by the sound of things,The attitude some harley(and i stress some not all) riders have is fucken amazing...they are not faster..they dont handle better..they dont stop better..they are no more reliable..they do nothing better than any jappa but cost twice as much so where the attitude comes from beats me..i have never been passed by one but can recall passing many so hey what makes them better? best mate i have ever had rides an old sporty,loves anything harley and good luck to him thankfully he hasnt inherited that dipshit holier than thou attitude,in saying this i have spent many nights at many rallys drinking and having great conversation with with some great folk that ride harleys its just a shame the wankers stand out so much.

onearmedbandit
6th July 2006, 17:48
Wankers always stand out.

scumdog
6th July 2006, 17:51
Wankers always stand out.

Regardless what they ride.:yeah:

onearmedbandit
6th July 2006, 17:53
Indeed SD, indeed.

scumdog
6th July 2006, 17:56

Y'all lahk bahnjoes too???

SPman
6th July 2006, 18:00
Must admit, on those roads, I'd rather be on a Harley than a 916!

....did I just say that? AAAAAAAAAAARGH

Big Dave
6th July 2006, 18:10
....did I just say that? AAAAAAAAAAARGH

Everyone copy and paste that into notepad and drag it out again as needed!

Horses for courses innit - I soooo wanted forward pegs on the Tbird on that trip.

Big Dave
6th July 2006, 18:17
Only reason I'd ride a mile on a scooter is because I'd be a mile away from the scooter rider and I've got their scooter. Ha!

You can ride the Vespa 250ie like a motorised skate board - I was jumping one over the driveways in Ruru street a while ago.

You can make them a challenge.

**R1**
6th July 2006, 21:03
Regardless what they ride.:yeah:at least sportbike and tractor riders can agree on sumin:yes:

Big Dave
7th July 2006, 11:22
at least sportbike and tractor riders can agree on sumin:yes:

What about the need to bump stories you've edited?

Swoop
7th July 2006, 11:40
Nice write up Dave.
How far back are you talking with this tale?

buellbabe
7th July 2006, 11:43
....The attitude some harley(and i stress some not all) riders have is fucken amazing...

I have ridden Harleys for years before falling in love with my Buell and I have been to alot of bad-ass biker Clubrooms and parties... the anti Jappa bashing was NOTHING compared to the Harley slagging that seems to never end on this KB site!
Each to their own I reckon and I will never understand why people feel the need to diss other rides...
BTW Dave, great read... reminds me of LTR magazines...

Big Dave
7th July 2006, 11:46
Nice write up Dave.
How far back are you talking with this tale?

Thanks.
Winter of '99.

Omega1
7th July 2006, 11:57
Yep, same ol Harley shit bashing threads keep appearing, I ride a motorcycle, its a Harley, I Like riding it thats all that matters to me

Fuck! the Suns out in Wellington maybe I'll go for a ride......

Ixion
7th July 2006, 12:01
It went out the door with anonnimityness of the intarnet.

You can say I don't like these bikes because...(as I do)
and nobody should be offended - if you have valid reasons.
Thats where discussion and exchange of ideas stem from.
I've completely changed my attitude to scooters after riding a mile in their shoes.

Lots of new riders out there and in here. All deserve some respec.

I guess that's the parable of the tale - some just had to learn it the hard way.

And there is nothing wrong with takin the piss occasionally either aye! But I never have.

What we used to say was along the lines of "Nice bike. Doesn't do it for me cos of XXXX, but each to his own - or - but I do like the YYYYY ". Which makes the point without bagging. And may indeed develop into friendly discussion and exchange of ideas

Rashika
7th July 2006, 12:25
...And may indeed develop into friendly discussion and exchange of ideas
OMG what a thought.... :blip: Not on KB tho surely??? :shutup:

Finn
7th July 2006, 12:56
I went to a biker bar once in in the Mid West while on a road trip. Some hard arse boys indeed. We sat up at the bar and I got talking to one of the fella's. Over his shoulder sat a chick that was smilling at me. I smiled back. His pupils dilated and in a deep voice said "You lookin at my wife?" I sqweaked back "No!" to which he replied, "WHY NOT?"

Skyryder
8th July 2006, 00:20
I went to a biker bar once in in the Mid West while on a road trip. Some hard arse boys indeed. We sat up at the bar and I got talking to one of the fella's. Over his shoulder sat a chick that was smilling at me. I smiled back. His pupils dilated and in a deep voice said "You lookin at my wife?" I sqweaked back "No!" to which he replied, "WHY NOT?"

Do we get the next instalment??

Skyryder

Skyryder
8th July 2006, 00:33
Sort of reminds me of the time I was waiting in line at Picton to make the crossing over to Wellington. On the steel band of my windscreen I have THE DRAKE etched in Nolder. This is an elven language. There was a small group of Harleys in the next just file ahead of me.One of the Harley guys asked what it said. When I told him it said The Drake he made the comment that I like riding blokes.................to which I replied "Sure do. If your're still 'goosin' at half my age count youself lucky. Don't think he had a clue what I was talking about, but by the laughter of his mates, they did.

I do try and keep the slagging to a bear minimum on here but occasionaly the 'oneliner' creeps into the grey matter...........and if a good one comes up just gota share with ya'll

Skyryder

Finn
8th July 2006, 01:21
Do we get the next instalment??

Skyryder

I had to kill him with my shoe.

Kickaha
8th July 2006, 08:10

Your foot odour problem is really that bad?

Big Dave
8th July 2006, 09:32

'But Ozzie wouldn't go on stage unless there was a brandy balloon filled with brown M&M's on the piano.
Then Jeff Beck stuck his head round the corner and said 'I know where there's a confectioner's shop - so we went there, but it was closed - and guarded by a bengal Tiger - and then the owner turned up and wouldn't sell us the m&m's so we had to beat him to death with his own shoes.' - Wayne's Word II

Skyryder
9th July 2006, 00:13

I see bling. Was going to get some groceries and was into the roundabout when two Harley riders approached from the opposite side. Bikes looked cool no question...........but the riders: a husband and wife team?? Both were covered in bling Studded jackets and those beani type Clayton helmuts that say as much as much about the rider intellegence as it does about their fashion tasts. Got a better look at the ol' lady. She was tailing her old man. Bling, tassles etc but what caught my attention was the three or four chrome spikes in the helmut. What's with this look...............anyone seen this type of helmut No wonder they get so much slagging.

Skyryder

98tls
9th July 2006, 00:20
there a large part of why our rego is so expensive,ACC claim motorcycles are so dangerous..we protest etc..when Mr Acc sees that sort of shit he must just shake his head.

Virago
9th July 2006, 00:43
there a large part of why our rego is so expensive,ACC claim motorcycles are so dangerous..we protest etc..when Mr Acc sees that sort of shit he must just shake his head.
Bollocks.

Mr ACC and Mr Insurer both love cruisers. And they both hate sprotbikes.....

http://motorcyclecruiser.com/newsandupdates/motorcycle_cruisers_insurance/

98tls
9th July 2006, 00:54
couldnt care less what someone rides....its the fact that alot of harley guys i see out on the rode are wearing crap gear...sport bike/cruiser i dont care what someone rides but every sport bike rider i ride with wears good rideing gear and it sure does help in the event of an off.lets face it a pair of leather look cool pants with no armour helps fuck all in an accident...either would spikes sticking out of a helmet i guess.

Divot
9th July 2006, 10:05
couldnt care less what someone rides....its the fact that alot of harley guys i see out on the rode are wearing crap gear...sport bike/cruiser i dont care what someone rides but every sport bike rider i ride with wears good rideing gear and it sure does help in the event of an off.lets face it a pair of leather look cool pants with no armour helps fuck all in an accident...either would spikes sticking out of a helmet i guess.

The same could be said for the sports bike riders with all the "right" gear that lane split @ 100kmh and weave in and out of the traffic. All the right gear won't help them then.

Ixion
9th July 2006, 10:09
Perhaps that may be related to the fact that Harley riders don't need the protection, cos they don't crash the way sprotsbike riders do

From the site below

Least Likely to be Crashed
1. Yamaha Virago Series
2. Honda Rebel Series
3. Suzuki Savage
4. Harley-Davidson FXR
5. BMW R1200C

Most Likely to be Crashed
1. Suzuki GSX-R Series
2. Kawasaki Ninja Series
3. Suzuki TLR
4. Yamaha YZF Series
5. Honda CBR Series

Harley riders don't typically treat the road as a race track the way sportsbike riders do, so see less need for race track protection.

Motu
9th July 2006, 11:14
Touche!...

James Deuce
9th July 2006, 15:49
I've certainly stopped crashing as often now I wear jeans most places.

Swoop
9th July 2006, 16:07
I've certainly stopped crashing as often now I wear jeans most places.
As often..?

Scouse
9th July 2006, 16:43
Ah well back to the thrust of the thread title well sort of as a young 17 year old and owning an RD350 Yamaha I remember dis ing Triumphs No No Nooooo I'll never own one of those things their slow they leak oil and they are fuckin unreliable for fuck sake my 350 is faster than their 750 Bonneville. 30 years later Mmmmm love my Speed Triple. Just goes to show how your perspetives can change over time.

Goblin
9th July 2006, 21:03
Few years ago when I used to do the xmas thing, I was waiting in the mile long que in the warehouse, in front of me was the "text book" Harley rider. Jonny Reb boots, Harley Davidson vest, Harley Davidson belt, Harley Davidson bandana....had the "image" down to a T. Thought to myself I bet I know what his PIN is. When he got to the checkout & paid by creditcard I peeked over his shoulder & sure enough...1340.

Bet he has a little willy too:nya: :laugh:

Lou Girardin
10th July 2006, 09:39
Bet he has a little willy too:nya: :laugh:

But you're interested enough to wonder.

PuppetMaster
10th July 2006, 09:53
The same could be said for the sports bike riders with all the "right" gear that lane split @ 100kmh and weave in and out of the traffic. All the right gear won't help them then.

Ofcourse it does, makes me more wind resistant.

Goblin
10th July 2006, 09:59
But you're interested enough to wonder.
Not in the slightest Lou. Dont have to wonder about these things....there's some things a woman just knows. 1340cc penis extention=micro meat.

Pixie
10th July 2006, 11:47
Moral: Don't insult someone's manhood or their substitute for such

Pixie
10th July 2006, 11:50
Ah well back to the thrust of the thread title well sort of as a young 17 year old and owning an RD350 Yamaha I remember dis ing Triumphs No No Nooooo I'll never own one of those things their slow they leak oil and they are fuckin unreliable for fuck sake my 350 is faster than their 750 Bonneville. 30 years later Mmmmm love my Speed Triple. Just goes to show how your perspetives can change over time.
It took them 20 years to design a bike that was a decent facsimile of a japanese bike though

Lou Girardin
10th July 2006, 14:26
..there's some things a woman just knows. .

This is the most worrying thing I've read in ages.
Not for me, but for guys like Dover.

The_Dover
10th July 2006, 14:43
This is the most worrying thing I've read in ages.
Not for me, but for guys like Dover.

That's ok Lou.

I just tell them it wont hurt as much when I stick it up their arse.

Lou Girardin
10th July 2006, 15:27
That's ok Lou.

I just tell them it wont hurt as much when I stick it up their arse.

Does it work?

The_Dover
10th July 2006, 15:40
It may be small but it's in perfect working order, thanks.

scumdog
10th July 2006, 16:55
Not in the slightest Lou. Dont have to wonder about these things....there's some things a woman just knows. 1340cc penis extention=micro meat.

Shoot! I've got 3,300cc worth of motorbike penis extension PLUS about 26 litres of V8 penis extension, if that makes my dick small in proportion to the 1340cc then I must have started off with a schlong the size of a small blue whale!!!:gob:

And C.B. ain't complained about the lack of size yet!! :innocent:

Goblin
10th July 2006, 17:09
Some women might prefer them smaller:blah:

Anyway guys....I'm just pulling ya pissers:nya: How would I know the size of any Harley riders wedding tackle?? I've never tried to find out. But they all seem to bite really well when hassled about it, so there might be something in it.

Lou Girardin
10th July 2006, 17:17
Shoot! I've got 3,300cc worth of motorbike penis extension PLUS about 26 litres of V8 penis extension, if that makes my dick small in proportion to the 1340cc then I must have started off with a schlong the size of a small blue whale!!!:gob:

It seems there's no end to the prick.

Scouse
10th July 2006, 17:18
It took them 20 years to design a bike that was a decent facsimile of a japanese bike thoughFucking Bollox the new Bonnie is Still based on the old one it just use more modern design techniques and how many Jap triples are there made recently Errr none

Lou Girardin
10th July 2006, 17:20
Anyway guys....I'm just pulling ya pissers:nya: How would I know the size of any Harley riders wedding tackle??

Freud's having a ball here.

Motu
10th July 2006, 17:27
Fucking Bollox the new Bonnie is Still based on the old one it just use more modern design techniques and how many Jap triples are there made recently Errr none

That's only because the Japanese have trouble pronouncing 3 - like,who would buy the Honda Flea?

mstriumph
10th July 2006, 17:32
...................... I wear jeans most places.

.... you mean there are other portions of the anatomy other than the standard 'waist downwards' to wear them? :blip:

T.W.R
10th July 2006, 17:45
Fucking Bollox the new Bonnie is Still based on the old one it just use more modern design techniques and how many Jap triples are there made recently Errr none

The only thing the new Triumph twin has in common with the REAL Triumph twins is that it's a parallel twin :doobey: the closest comparison to the Bonnevilles of today is the TSS Triumph of the mid 80s

scumdog
10th July 2006, 17:50
How would I know the size of any Harley riders wedding tackle??

By Googling "Harley riders wedding tackle"???

MattRSK
10th July 2006, 18:31
Anything with two wheels and a motor gets the thumbs up from me.:rockon:

Ixion
10th July 2006, 18:36
By Googling "Harley riders wedding tackle"???

Don't tell me, you used Google Images, didn' ya.

Goblin
10th July 2006, 18:39
Don't tell me, you used Google Images, didn' ya.
Oh so THAT'S what I did wrong......goes off to Google Images:whistle:

avgas
10th July 2006, 18:57
I've seen that, harley rider was saying something about 'toys' in a room full of sportbike riders (i suspect at the coroglen - i was a little young then so cant remember which pub). Some quite nasty guy walked up to him as asked him if he could drop his attitude before he dropped him to the floor.
Ever since then i learnt that most people dont give a fuck what you ride....but everyone hates an attitude.

avgas
10th July 2006, 19:07
Perhaps that may be related to the fact that Harley riders don't need the protection, cos they don't crash the way sprotsbike riders do

Harley riders don't typically treat the road as a race track the way sportsbike riders do, so see less need for race track protection.
Damn...... rain on my parade. I got all excited to riding another harley - but now you tell me i have to respect the road on one...i dont think ill bother.

Goblin
10th July 2006, 19:17
Hmmmm...still none the wiser, but I did find these treasures.

Big Dave
10th July 2006, 19:20
The only thing the new Triumph twin has in common with the REAL Triumph twins is that it's a parallel twin :doobey: the closest comparison to the Bonnevilles of today is the TSS Triumph of the mid 80s

So that would make new Triumphs unreal? Works for me.

I reckon my t'bird is quite unreal - and just as real as anything produced in Meriden or Coventry.

The_Dover
10th July 2006, 19:22
38 minutes searching and that's all you found??

Goblin
10th July 2006, 19:29
38 minutes searching and that's all you found??
:yes: Afraid so! Lets see what you can come up with then hmmm?

The_Dover
10th July 2006, 19:33
Something for all the family.

MattRSK
10th July 2006, 19:35
Found this.

Goblin
10th July 2006, 19:38
:eek: :laugh::killingme I rest my case!

The_Dover
10th July 2006, 19:39
That was from Maurice's personal collection.

T.W.R
10th July 2006, 19:49
So that would make new Triumphs unreal? Works for me.

I reckon my t'bird is quite unreal - and just as real as anything produced in Meriden or Coventry.

Some of the new trumpys are unreal bikes but can't be compared to the originals, new ones are a whole new kettle of fish.
my personal choice of a modern triumph would be a speed triple, but that's my taste & having had a big bore triple before I have certain preferences to what I do with it too.

It's like my mate who's coming back from England in November, he's worked for nearly 8yrs as a motorcycle courier in London and had a swag of Jap sportsbikes. He's brought a Rocket 3, it's stashed at his mother's place in Motueka waiting for him when he gets back. It's definately not a bike I'd own myself but it's something he wants to try & knowing him as I do he won't keep it long before he down sizes to a more usable machine. I'm definately looking forward to having a blast on it though:yes:

T'bird mmm always picture that cooking program "Two fat Ladies" with them blatting around the English countryside on the T'bird with the sidechair :nya: (p/t)

Big Dave
10th July 2006, 22:16
T'bird mmm always picture that cooking program "Two fat Ladies" with them blatting around the English countryside on the T'bird with the sidechair :nya: (p/t)

Nah their's was a black 1996 - mine's much nicer - Black 1995

http://www.davidcohen.co.nz/ssavers/tbird.jpg

Ohlins, Race tech springs and emulators, avons and well set up - holds it own in the twisties just fine.

T.W.R
10th July 2006, 22:34
Nah their's was a black 1996 - mine's much nicer - Black 1995

http://www.davidcohen.co.nz/ssavers/tbird.jpg

Ohlins, Race tech springs and emulators, avons and well set up - holds it own in the twisties just fine.

Yeah that's a fairly classy piece of kit, bit retro for my taste but still a nice bike :yes:

Big triples are addictive though & a pearl of an engine, especially when their sorted properly :blip:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18273&d=1129879327

that soaked up the good end of $8g not including the purchase price, made it one hell of a machine :doobey:

Big Dave
10th July 2006, 23:08
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18273&d=1129879327

that soaked up the good end of $8g not including the purchase price, made it one hell of a machine :doobey:

That Lavatry was the first genuine 'superbike' for mine. They should be more esteemed than they are.

T.W.R
10th July 2006, 23:14
That Lavatry was the first genuine 'superbike' for mine. They should be more esteemed than they are.

That's for real :yes: that old girl there embarrassed plenty of more modern high tech machines that thought they were in for an easy kill :crybaby: time & place meant it had to go :bye:

imdying
11th July 2006, 18:17
For people not into Harleys and their image, they're an easy target. Compared to the fodder that most people are used to consuming they're heavier, slower, and don't handle as well when scratching. That is of course, missing their point though.

scumdog
11th July 2006, 18:27
For people not into Harleys and their image, they're an easy target. Compared to the fodder that most people are used to consuming they're heavier, slower, and don't handle as well when scratching. That is of course, missing their point though.

So so true, I KNOW other brands are faster and/or handle better and are cheaper - but I WANTED Harleys and that's why I have them.

If you prefer other brands then more power to you - different strokes for different folks I guess.

And one day when I get the XN85 (Help Dangerous!) going I will see how well tassles go with it!!

The_Dover
11th July 2006, 18:29
If you prefer other brands then more power to you

What a fine play on words Scummy.

imdying
11th July 2006, 18:31
I was brought up in the Sportsbike fold, and fed on PB magazines as a whipper, so I've inherited tendencies along those addressed in this thread. I like to think I'm not so short sighted as to totally write the brand off though. The VROD is nice (up to its price), but I suspect that making it appeal to people with a similar mindset to me was one of HDs goals...

scumdog
11th July 2006, 18:32
What a fine play on words Scummy.

Hmm, well done, - so you're not the illiterate 'tard that all the other have been telling me you are!!!l

selectedgrub
12th July 2006, 18:16
The difference between a Harley rider and other "bike" rider is that a Harley rider don't give a shit what other people ride...

James Deuce
12th July 2006, 18:33
Hmm, well done, - so you're not the illiterate 'tard that all the other have been telling me you are!!!l

He's English. Even if he didn't get past Year 2 of Primary School, he's still more literate than most New Zealanders.

The_Dover
12th July 2006, 18:41
He's English. Even if he didn't get past Year 2 of Primary School, he's still more literate than most New Zealanders.

There was a year 2?

Big Dave
14th July 2006, 22:02
There was a year 2?

The best 4 years of my life.

Skyryder
14th July 2006, 22:25
So so true, I KNOW other brands are faster and/or handle better and are cheaper - but I WANTED Harleys and that's why I have them.

If you prefer other brands then more power to you - different strokes for different folks I guess.

And one day when I get the XN85 (Help Dangerous!) going I will see how well tassles go with it!!

Too true Scum. I have it on good authority it's not the size of a man's dick that counts but the horsepower in the baggage beside it.

Skyryder

scumdog
14th July 2006, 22:34
Too true Scum. I have it on good authority it's not the size of a man's dick that counts but the horsepower in the baggage beside it.

Skyryder

Now THERE'S a mouthful - as the schoolboy said to the actress.

But yeah, my motto is: "It's not the ride - it's the man astride". (that counts)

Big Dave
14th July 2006, 23:25
Now THERE'S a mouthful - as the schoolboy said to the actress.

But yeah, my motto is: "It's not the ride - it's the man astride". (that counts)

you can't have a motto with a qualifier in brackets - it has to be a rallying call and a call to arms - not finished off with an aside or an afterthought.

Yer roman legions never said - 'give me honour or give me death' (if it's not too much trouble)

back to the thesauraus for you mate.

scumdog
14th July 2006, 23:40
you can't have a motto with a qualifier in brackets - it has to be a rallying call and a call to arms - not finished off with an aside or an afterthought.

Yer roman legions never said - 'give me honour or give me death' (if it's not too much trouble)

back to the thesauraus for you mate.

Weeeeel fuuuuck youuuu! (kidding - and it's Not a qualifier)
So take my qualifier off!!
It was more of a 'clarifier' for those that needed an explanation.

But I thought it was a pretty good motto.

And again - back to my duty-free whiskey.

gav
15th July 2006, 00:54
Seems the French know how to build a good Harley, check out this baby! :gob:
More info here http://www.engmore.com/

scumdog
15th July 2006, 01:00
Top bike, lovely billet Sporty engine (ok, flash Buell engine) - but ALL Harleys are good, right?

dangerous
16th July 2006, 20:13
Help with the XN is one thing, but tassles... is another thing all togeather.
Like I said get the beasty down here and I'll reasemble it and have it out at the track in no time... just kidding bout the track, but get it humming again like it did in 1984 I'll do :scooter:

T.W.R
16th July 2006, 20:38
Help with the XN is one thing, but tassles... is another thing all togeather.
Like I said get the beasty down here and I'll reasemble it and have it out at the track in no time... just kidding bout the track, but get it humming again like it did in 1984 I'll do :scooter:

:lol: you said you had trouble dealing with 4 carbs on your Kat, you'll shit bricks with 4 injectors & a turbo system :nya:

:gob: SD must have blind faith or he hasn't kept up with your Kat thread :nya:

dangerous
16th July 2006, 20:41
:lol: you said you had trouble dealing with 4 carbs on your Kat, you'll shit bricks with 4 injectors & a turbo system :nya:

:gob: SD must have blind faith or he hasn't kept up with your Kat thread :nya:
I'm used to dealing with injectors... only problem I had with the Kat was getting the bloody carbs out, damn near neded to strip the hole bike.
The XN is pretty much reasembled, injection looks after its self.
Bring it on SD:scooter:

T.W.R
16th July 2006, 20:49
I'm used to dealing with injectors... only problem I had with the Kat was getting the bloody carbs out, damn near neded to strip the hole bike.
The XN is pretty much reasembled, injection looks after its self.
Bring it on SD:scooter:

haha where's the Smilie icon with a fishing rod when you need it :nya:

japs are clever buggers keeping the engine inside the frame aren't they :whistle:

A computer looks after the injection :blip: just like those 45mm Mag(whatsamafuckits) the Guzzi has

dangerous
17th July 2006, 06:41
just like those 45mm Mag(whatsamafuckits) the Guzzi has
Magneti Marelli IAW alfa-n system phased, with electric indirect sequential fuel injection; 2 nozzle holders of 45 mm with injectors Weber IW 031, electric pump, with regolator of pressure, digital management of the times of injection
FFS get it right will ya:first:

T.W.R
17th July 2006, 09:30
Magneti Marelli IAW alfa-n system phased, with electric indirect sequential fuel injection; 2 nozzle holders of 45 mm with injectors Weber IW 031, electric pump, with regolator of pressure, digital management of the times of injection
FFS get it right will ya:first:

:nya: bet you had go & check all that too :whistle:

The Pastor
17th July 2006, 10:16

The R(eally)G(ay)150 came out.