PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick hello!

vicki
20th April 2003, 13:06
Just wanted to say, great forum guys!
I fly in to Auckland on the 24th April and by a stroke of luck have discovered this forum today!!!
I run a bikers pub in the UK, which I've just sold:(
But that does mean I get to travel round NZ!
I'm not a very experienced rider, but I'm sure I can hire a bike somewhere to do some riding! I'll keep my eye on the forum, and see whats happening and maybe meet up with some of you in the next year!
:beer:

Ride safe

Vicki

wari
20th April 2003, 18:56
WEll-come Vicki .. :drinkup: ... HOpe you enjoy yurr stay in NZ ... keepin touch .. :)

MikeL
20th April 2003, 21:53
Welcome, Vicki. A bikers pub!! Now that is my idea of heaven... What on earth could have possessed you to sell? Other than the fact that it had the misfortune to be located in a country whose climate ranges from the barely tolerable to the absolutely unendurable. Now, what about starting up one in N.Z. ? I'm sure we could all agree on a suitable location...
Anyway, if you need any advice at all (where to rent/buy a bike, where to stay, what to see/do), I'm sure you'll find heaps of help here.
Mike

twistymover
21st April 2003, 05:12
Yeah, welcome to Kiwiland Vicky. Enjoy your stay.

vicki
21st April 2003, 22:49
Cheers guys! Get on me plane tomoorow and get to NZ on Thursday:(
Having a bikers pub is cool, but it does get knackering!!!
Left in style though, with an Easter egg run, stopping all the traffic in the town!! He he, that'll show the car drivers!
http://pub10.ezboard.com/fwarringtonsspeakfreelyfrm7.showPrevMessage?topicI D=30.topic
See ya'll on Thursday!

:D

Slim
21st April 2003, 23:16
Originally posted by vicki
Just wanted to say, great forum guys!
And girls!!! ;)

Look forward to seeing you.

wari
22nd April 2003, 00:11
Hey Vicki, I just followed the link you posted and it seems as though you are immigrating .. is that right?

If thats so , then I wish you a prosperous time here and hope you find the lifestyle to your liking. The beginning of summer woulda been a better time to arrive to though mate.

With the long flight over , make sure you keep active on the plane ... dont want you getting DVT or anything.

:)

vicki
22nd May 2003, 14:07
Just a quick update, I've bought a bike so I'm now mobile in NZ! So if you see a bright yellow GSX550 in Northland somewhere(probably with loads of gear on the back), that's me!
:rockon:

SPman
22nd May 2003, 14:13
Northland!

Did they supply scuba gear with the bike??:D

wari
22nd May 2003, 19:49
Originally posted by vicki
Just a quick update, I've bought a bike so I'm now mobile in NZ! So if you see a bright yellow GSX550 in Northland somewhere(probably with loads of gear on the back), that's me!
:rockon:

Take care up there Vicky ... the local Northland drivers have their own road rules :cool:

BigB
23rd May 2003, 07:28
What road rules!!! they don't beleave in them!!!

have fun up there, but watch for the road surfaces, not the best.

cheers

Antallica
23rd May 2003, 09:48
Sweet, I hope to see you around.. I'm just on the main road going into Whangarei so I'll probably see you come past if you do.

Have a good one... Northland has some mean views. :D

Rock on!

moko
26th May 2003, 23:38
With the long flight over , make sure you keep active on the plane ... dont want you getting DVT or anything. 

No Vicki you really dont want that,nearly had to swap my mouse for the wrong end of a Ouija Board a few months back.Apart from anything else it`s a bitch trying to buy a pair of bike boots when your legs are different sizes.I think it was the return flight that did me so best advice I can give is.........dont come back,any legal way and I wouldn`t have,saw more sun in 3 weeks than the last 2 years in Britain.

vicki
28th May 2003, 12:32
Already found the roads, thanks!!! Not TOO bad, she says, crossing fingers thumbs and everything else! Just having a few probs getting bike started now, no choke cable and I'm at the bottom of a valley so it's a bugger to start!
Ah, well, that's life!:niceone:

fredie
29th December 2007, 22:14
cool are u stuck in nz:shutup:

Paul in NZ
29th December 2007, 22:18

Better than being stuck in a time warp i suppose....

(check the posting dates friend)

u4ea
29th December 2007, 22:21

Wow ... takes an aussie to hash up an old thread!!!!:doh: