PDA

View Full Version : Spada's brake light is sticking

ducatilover
6th July 2006, 20:28
as title says... any ideas how to fix it?

98tls
6th July 2006, 20:31
there should be a brake light adjuster...not sure where on one of those...my TLs one is tucked in behind rear brake adjuster.

ducatilover
6th July 2006, 20:32
there should be a brake light adjuster...not sure where on one of those...my TLs one is tucked in behind rear brake adjuster.
cheers ill have a look. if its any help it has an adjustable lever on the front

hXc
6th July 2006, 20:32
Is it your brake lever? Mine does it sometimes too. You just need to loosen the front lever a tad

yungatart
6th July 2006, 20:40
MSTRS here - is it the front or rear lever that is causing the problem? Front has a micro-switch that can stick (you should be able to hear it 'click' when you work the lever)...just give it a good squirt of CRC or the like and operate repeatedly for a bit. That will generally fix it. The rear (normally a spring/slide unit?)...never had a problem with that, but would imagine the CRC thing would work there too.

ducatilover
6th July 2006, 20:46
im not sure if its a lever or not because it doesnt go off:bye: but ill try the crc thing

yungatart
6th July 2006, 20:52
Nah mate - not a sticky lever - a sticky micro-switch!!! that operates when you work the lever. The front brake one is a little pin that sits under the fluid reservoir and is operated by a flat plate on the lever. Look and you will see it. It also should 'click' (unless it is sticking)

cowpoos
6th July 2006, 20:52
foot lever theres a sprig...grab some long nose pliers and stretch the fucker....I doubt it the front one!!!

ducatilover
6th July 2006, 20:54
Nah mate - not a sticky lever - a sticky micro-switch!!! that operates when you work the lever. The front brake one is a little pin that sits under the fluid resouvoir and is operated by a flat plate on the lever. Look and you will see it. It also should 'click' (unless it is sticking)
it clicks....

FROSTY
8th July 2006, 08:07
if the micro switch clicks then check that the contacts (plugs ) havent been pushed together.Be sparing with the crc around brake components.
Otherwise look down the back and see if its the rear light

ducatilover
8th July 2006, 23:30
if the micro switch clicks then check that the contacts (plugs ) havent been pushed together.Be sparing with the crc around brake components.
Otherwise look down the back and see if its the rear light

i have replaced the light but it already had this problem. i played around with the rear adjuster thingy on the footpeg and im sure ive nearly got it solved