PDA

View Full Version : Front end conversion??

ducatilover
6th July 2006, 20:53
before i pass the spada on to the missus at the end of next year i want to know... how easy could i do a front end conversion? i want a twin disk front and adjustable preload atleast. now im thinking perhaps a cbr250rr front or an nsr250 front?

James Deuce
6th July 2006, 20:58
I wouldn't worry about it myself. New springs (matched to the Girlfriend's weight), fresh fork oil, decent brake pads. You'll be amazed at the difference. There are plenty of suspension experts who can help. Try Shaun for a start.

Carbonne Lorraine brake bads are the biz.

ducatilover
6th July 2006, 21:00
the spring suit her weight better than mine. im 53kg shes 57kg. but i intend to use it for a few track meets next year and id rather have a twin disk front

98tls
6th July 2006, 21:01
:stupid: new springs/oil you will be amazed at the difference.

ducatilover
6th July 2006, 21:03
:stupid: new springs/oil you will be amazed at the difference.
i know that. progressive springs would be an improvement but i want adjustable preload and more brake power! new pads will make a difference yes, but, twin front disks will be wonderfull

cowpoos
6th July 2006, 21:09
i know that. progressive springs would be an improvement but i want adjustable preload and more brake power! new pads will make a difference yes, but, twin front disks will be wonderfull

progressive springs will ruin your handling...lineir springs are wat ya want...and your worring about a whole lot of nuffin....just ride the fucker...more and more...

ducatilover
6th July 2006, 21:11
progressive springs will ruin your handling...lineir springs are wat ya want...and your worring about a whole lot of nuffin....just ride the fucker...more and more...
being a honda the front end is poo. i want twin disks as it has pitiful brakeing power. i ride it a fair amount. and ive worn down the touring tires in 5200kms:bye:

James Deuce
6th July 2006, 21:15
The braking issue is probably down to dirty calipers and crap brake pads. Seriously mate, don't go spending big money on an old bike.

Also the Spada is NOT going to get to speeds on a race track that require big brakes. The brakes aren't for stopping on a race track. They are there for the correct amount of negative acceleration to set your corner entry speed.

Poos is right - constant rate springs would be a better bet, and if it still has the standard ones in there they are fooked. They're older than you for goodness sake.

cowpoos
6th July 2006, 21:16
I bet ya it has the same if not better braking power than my gixxer....

cowpoos
6th July 2006, 21:17
The braking issue is probably down to dirty calipers and crap brake pads. Seriously mate, don't go spending big money on an old bike.

Also the Spada is NOT going to get to speeds on a race track that require big brakes. The brakes aren't for stopping on a race track. They are there for the correct amount of negative acceleration to set your corner entry speed.

Poos is right - constant rate springs would be a better bet, and if it still has the standard ones in there they are fooked. They're older than you for goodness sake.

listen to that fella....we are trying to help ya!

N4CR
6th July 2006, 21:33
vt250 spadas handle better than zxr250s, the rider makes it fast

WELL YOU DONT SEE ME DOING A FRONT END CONVERSION YOU RETARD, MABEY BECAUSE ZXR C's IMO HAVE THE BEST SUSPENSION OF ALL THE 4 STROKES ALREADY, FFS MAN STICK IT UP YOUR ARSE JUST ZXRS ARE FASTER, IF YOU REALLY WANT TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT GO GET NEW OIL AND SPRINGS IF YOURS ARE FUCKED ALREADY OKAY!? MY OIL GOT DONE AND IT MADE A DIFFERENCE, ITS STILL ONE OF MY MOST FAVOURITE FRONT ENDS AFTER THE ZX7R AS IT HAS FEEL BUT FEEDSBACK JUST ENOUGH TO RIDE TH SOCKS OFF IT.

IF YOU GET THAT DONE YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE WHEN I MEET YUOU OKAY?>

jeesus.

CBobR
6th July 2006, 23:00
Hi, the CBR250RR doesn't have preload adjust on the forks but some people have put RGV forks on their CBRs, not that straight forward though they say http://www.cbr250.com/cbr250/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8199&SearchTerms=rgv,forks

ducatilover
6th July 2006, 23:23

fair enough then. ill get the oil and pads done first then and see how much of a difference that makes... the springs are the same age as me:nono:

ducatilover
6th July 2006, 23:26
WELL YOU DONT SEE ME DOING A FRONT END CONVERSION YOU RETARD, MABEY BECAUSE ZXR C's IMO HAVE THE BEST SUSPENSION OF ALL THE 4 STROKES ALREADY, FFS MAN STICK IT UP YOUR ARSE JUST ZXRS ARE FASTER, IF YOU REALLY WANT TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT GO GET NEW OIL AND SPRINGS IF YOURS ARE FUCKED ALREADY OKAY!? MY OIL GOT DONE AND IT MADE A DIFFERENCE, ITS STILL ONE OF MY MOST FAVOURITE FRONT ENDS AFTER THE ZX7R AS IT HAS FEEL BUT FEEDSBACK JUST ENOUGH TO RIDE TH SOCKS OFF IT.

IF YOU GET THAT DONE YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE WHEN I MEET YUOU OKAY?>

jeesus.
bout time you reacted to that. either way i dont care. ill agree with you though on the suspension, i love the zxr suspension and brakes and top end speed. all you need is more power and id rather have one. if it involves corners youd beat me easy cos my rear tire slides to much:sick:

FROSTY
6th July 2006, 23:35
Dude as advised above. Dump the brake fluid and fork oil and put new stuff in.Strip the front caliper out and use plenty of rubberlube to loosen up the seals.Put in Decent pads.Clean up the disk and the disk vents.
If ya still have a lousy front end then you are starting from the propper baseline.
Mind you my lil spada stopped on a dime

ducatilover
6th July 2006, 23:44
Dude as advised above. Dump the brake fluid and fork oil and put new stuff in.Strip the front caliper out and use plenty of rubberlube to loosen up the seals.Put in Decent pads.Clean up the disk and the disk vents.
If ya still have a lousy front end then you are starting from the propper baseline.
Mind you my lil spada stopped on a dime
done the brake fluid and there was barely any improvement. have also cleaned the disk. have yet to get newer pads but the current ones are only 5400k old and theyre crap standard honda items. will get the caliper done and do what you say. ill also look at getting better fork oil, perhaps some heavier stuff