PDA

View Full Version : Should I get it checked out?

placidfemme
7th July 2006, 11:20
As most of you know I wrote my bike off in Dec last year, and have been slowly (and I mean slowlyyyyyyyyyyy) building it back up. Which is no problem.

However I do have one concern regarding my exhaust.

Once we managed to get the bike started (took an oil change, battery change, spark plug change... and a shit load of pushing starting)

Anyway, once it was started and had been running for a few minutes we gave the bike a bit of a rev to stop it from dying on us again (for the 100th time). When we revved the bike, a black rubber seal (well half the seal) in a fairly melted condition flew out the pipe/can.

The exhaust still sounds the same. Not smoking or anything.

Do you think it's worth the few hundred $$ to get it opened up and checked by a professional?

Or do you think because the bike still runs and sounds the same that it should be fine?

Thanks in advance

PF :blah:

Two Smoker
7th July 2006, 11:49
Ill check it out for you when i drop the stands off...

Motu
7th July 2006, 12:31
Are you sure it wasn't an otter - easy to confuse the two apparently.....

Ixion
7th July 2006, 12:32
Arggh - Jin !

Admit it, you done run over the otter!

placidfemme
7th July 2006, 13:16
Ill check it out for you when i drop the stands off...

oh! I have good news :) brought a rear stand from swanman last night :) So may only require a front stand to borrow... however, Rikki at City bike dismantlers, has agreed to store the ZXR at his shop until I can save up for the disc's (so its not in too much danger just sitting out in the open at home).

Arggh - Jin !

Admit it, you done run over the otter!

shhhh don't tell anyone... it came out of no-where I swear!