PDA

View Full Version : Baby crash bars for ginny?

sunhuntin
7th July 2006, 18:02
lol...not sure if this in the right place or not...feel free to move it!

i had an old gn come into work that had a mini set of roll bars on the front, in front of the pegs. im not sure where exactly it bolted on, somewhere on the frame of course.
id like to get a small set for scuffy to mount some more pegs on so i can stretch out for long rides. any idea where i can get a small set of these bars? the cheaper the better. also, if they were fitted, would it still pass a warrent?
[the bike that gave me the idea was an old 85 i think, no rego/warrent/mirrors, used for a dirt bike.]

thanks all!

yungatart
7th July 2006, 18:14
But, hun, they look soooo ugly..

sunhuntin
7th July 2006, 18:30
the ginny or the bars? the ones i was looking at on the rat bike didnt look too bad...were actually the shiniest part on the whole bike!

yungatart
7th July 2006, 18:44
i would never stoop so low as to say anyone else's bike was ugly!

froggyfrenchman
7th July 2006, 18:48
Get a photo of scuffy and draw aproximatly what you want them to look like and then post it up on here. Do you still have any of "pup" left? I bend steel tube for a living, we may be able to come to some arangement....

froggyfrenchman
7th July 2006, 19:02
I could easily make something that comes off your front engine mount, and send it down to you with simple instructions.

Post up a pic for me, dosnt matter how rough, i just need an idea of what youre aiming for

sunhuntin
7th July 2006, 19:20
no worries. pics attached

sunhuntin
7th July 2006, 19:38
bigger right side

yungatart
7th July 2006, 19:41
froggy should be able to help you out, he's a dab hand with a bit of metal. Good luck - and don't forget the piccies when she's done!

froggyfrenchman
7th July 2006, 19:47
I can make somthing that comes off the three circled bolts. Add a big dot on the pic where you want your feet to be. Run out to your shed and sit on scuffy and see where will be comfortable.

froggyfrenchman
7th July 2006, 19:49
froggy should be able to help you out, he's a dab hand with a bit of metal. Good luck - and don't forget the piccies when she's done!

Cheers for the reference!

froggyfrenchman
7th July 2006, 20:02
What i ment was this. See how i put a dot on the end of your original peg? The other 4 dots are possible places for the end of the new pegs.

post up a pic with just one dot where you would like them to be

sunhuntin
7th July 2006, 20:28
cheers heaps dan....much appreciated

:first: