i got some and i need to know what you do with it
do you pour it down the pipe
let it soak
What??
also how much you use for the method like for 2L of water : 5T of the soda
thanks johnnie

Racey Rider
8th July 2006, 09:17
Heres what I did (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=107691&postcount=18).

or do a KB search on it.

WINJA
8th July 2006, 11:17
ive done some with oxy/acetylene that works real good

2much
8th July 2006, 16:54
You can use a pipe if you like but it's probably easier to just snort it.

Rabbi
11th July 2006, 17:55
Im doing it at present... will have results by friday hopefully.
What I did...

1) Plug one end with a lot of insulation tape
2) Pour powder down pipe
3) Fill with water
4) Leave overnight
5) Hose out thoroughly

Tonight I'm doing it again but this time...
1) Plug one end with a lot of insulation tape
2) Mix Soda & water in container
3) Pour down pipe premixed with the aid of a funnel
4) Same
5) Same

I keep a bottle of vinegar near me in case I spill that shit on my hands, vinegar neutralizes the soda... at least a bit.
Dont leave the pipe outside or where your or anyone elses pets can get to it either

Quasievil
11th July 2006, 18:00
how do you use caustic soda
i got some and i need to know what you do with it
do you pour it down the pipe
let it soak
What??
also how much you use for the method like for 2L of water : 5T of the soda
thanks johnnie

ONE BE CAREFUL, AS IT HITS WATER IT WILL BOIL AND SPIT. If its a blocked sink, pour two good tablespoons down the plug hole followed by two cups of cold water, leave it for an hour and sink hopefully is unblocked. If not try again.

The stuff is dangerous and will burn you.

Take careful precautions with eyes etc.

Follow my instructions and you wont have a prob

cheers

Hitcher
11th July 2006, 18:46
how do you use caustic soda
So much for the lack of basic science instruction in schools.

My question is "Why do you want to use caustic soda (sodium hydroxide)?"

texmo
11th July 2006, 18:51
So much for the lack of basic science instruction in schools.

My question is "Why do you want to use caustic soda (sodium hydroxide)?"
Exhaust cleaning of his fa50 I guess or maby even his drain.

Motu
11th July 2006, 19:49
Use a large tray or drum....and hot water.Messy....I'd rather smoke out the neighbourhood by doing it with an oxy torch.Cut it in half as I said somewhere before.

We used to clean our workshop floor every Xmas with caustic soda - we wet the floor,sprinkled on the soda,scrubbed it in with brooms,then hosed and squeegied off.Everyone died a horrible death in that place.....

avgas
11th July 2006, 19:55
it goes in the drain

WINJA
11th July 2006, 21:34
Use a large tray or drum....and hot water.Messy....I'd rather smoke out the neighbourhood by doing it with an oxy torch.Cut it in half as I said somewhere before.

We used to clean our workshop floor every Xmas with caustic soda - we wet the floor,sprinkled on the soda,scrubbed it in with brooms,then hosed and squeegied off.Everyone died a horrible death in that place.....
YOU DONT CUT THEM IN HALF YOU HEAT THE NECK REAL HOT THEN FEED IN JUST OXY IVE DONE IT HEAPS IT WORKS WELL

Motu
11th July 2006, 22:10
But they've got such small pipes that if any large chunks of carbon come away they will block the pipes.You can't get it all out by shaking,there are 3 chambers in there,all conected by these little pipes - you'd have to shake it from chamber to chamber through the little pipes...no way.I was being paid by the hour to fix these things - cut em in half,burn em out and weld em back together.Job done.

WINJA
11th July 2006, 22:26
those brittle bits of carbon break up when you start riding around

Motu
11th July 2006, 23:04
No,they block up the pipe again,and the customer rings up bleating that the scooter is doing exactly the same thing as it was before you useless bastards fixed it....and then you have to do it again for nothing.Been there,done that.I looked after over 25 FA50's for a hire fleet,and because people knew I worked on them,they got me to fix their scooters too.If it happens once,you find out what happened and make sure it doesn't happen again.