PDA

View Full Version : Not Bulletproof anymore

rfc85
8th July 2006, 15:42
After I was t-boned last week and knocked arse over tit,I got up and after straightening the bike out,was all good to ride again,did 1000km and was feeling pretty good about life-BUT today I got the bike out and went to TSS and got the damage assessed for insurance,then went over to Otaki to get a lotto ticket,and found I'm "gun shy"---worried into any situation that a car might come in from either side and take me out.
I used to ride like I was bulletproof,not stupid -well not really really stupid--but took a few chances as we all do, but now its like I need a flak jacket on instead. Stuff that never worried me before as I was always confident in my own ability,has got me shitting bricks,only need to see a car on a side road/intersection and I physically slow down till I'm past it----AND IT SHITS ME
Might go and get pissed now-any helpful advice on this situation most welcome:bye:

onearmedbandit
8th July 2006, 15:48
Spend more time in the saddle. Or see a shrink!

Nah seriously, dangers are out there everyday, just before you never saw them. Now you do. Just get out riding again, it'll come back to you.

DemonWolf
8th July 2006, 15:59
Yeah as OneArmedBandit suggest.. spend more time in the saddle, go on some really twisty bits and build up your confidence again.

BeakerRAT
8th July 2006, 16:07
Time back on the bike is really the only way to get confident again. Normal to get that deja-vu feeling in similar situations after having a bin. At least your still in one piece and able to ride - so that's all good.

beyond
8th July 2006, 16:13
You will come right. Right now, paranoia is winning over being careful. You will get back into your own stride albeit with a more watchful eye, but it takes time.