PDA

View Full Version : Looking for place in ch-ch to polish wheels.

98tls
8th July 2006, 23:46
as above...anyone know a good place to send a set of wheels for polishing?while your at it have a look at a couple of pics of the old girl and tell me what you think about black rims instead.

T.W.R
9th July 2006, 00:21
The bloke at Motorcycle Restoration used to do a pretty impressive job years ago :yes:

383 st Asaph st , Ph: 03 365 4892

There used to be a TL that lived in Spreydon that was fully customised that had colour matched wheels with the outer edges polished that looked real smart (though it was the BRG colour).

The final choice is yours what you do as you only have one person that you have to keep happy :yes: black shows marks & chips pretty quick though.

98tls
9th July 2006, 00:33
cheers for that,another idea is to send those oem rims away to be polished and buy a second hand set of gsxr/hayabusa rims in black as they go straight on...(certain years)

Kickaha
9th July 2006, 10:34
You could also ring Glen at "Street and Sport" ph3662201 he's just had his wheels on his 675 done so he could put you onto whoever did his

The bloke at Motorcycle Restoration used to do a pretty impressive job years ago :yes:

Andrew used to use a guy over in Maldon street for a lot of his polishing and he has since sold up,I've had a few things done there since it was sold and the job has been ok, but not as good as the previous owner

imdying
9th July 2006, 13:34
I've found Abel metal polishers work is pretty good, but takes forever :(

Wired1
31st July 2006, 22:29
I powder coated the rims on my last bike black, cost me about $70 per wheel and you have to completely strip them out eg tyre, bearings, seals etc. Nice look on a cruiser. I will probably spray paint my current bike's rims black to get the same effect for less effort/cost/buggering around.

R6_kid
8th August 2006, 09:08
go polish/chrome. Seen it on a TL like yours and it looked wicked. Preferably go chrome unless you only ride on dry days and enjoy taking your wheels apart to tidy them up every couple of weeks.

SPman
8th August 2006, 14:02
Get em polished! My ZX9R's got polished rims - looks great and easier to keep clean for some reason.
Gotta have bling!

soundbeltfarm
8th August 2006, 19:48
i reckon the black looks pretty cool.