Dafe
9th July 2006, 06:13
Event: Test Day

Date(s): Saturday 15th July 2006

Event Details: Test Day for competition cars and bikes
9am - 4pm

$80 (Winter rate) full day - no half day charges

50% discount for Manawatu Car Club - remember to bring your club card

Please contact the Manfeild Office for more information.

Any Welly crew attending???

GSVR
9th July 2006, 07:26
I think you may find its $100 dollars just like the last testday when everyone including the car meeting contestants where caught out.

Not sure of the reason for it still being summer rate. Maybe becuase its the day before a car meeting.

Dafe
9th July 2006, 07:30
Thats pretty steep. Oh well, Uncle B and myself will need to do some testing on our F3 bike. So we may have no option but to attend before the next actrix round arrives.

GSVR
9th July 2006, 07:59
Apparently the testday on the 21st is going to be the full circuit because Actrix Rd3 is the 4.5k circuit.

Will be plenty of regulars there this Saturday as not everyone can make a weekday.

loosebruce
10th July 2006, 12:13
Sweet so there is one on the 21st, long track too, mint, myself and Daryl might try and make it down there, i haven't got race fairings for my bike yet, but fuck it, unless someone smart talks me out of riding it in nice new road tirm i'll be at Round 3.

GSVR
15th July 2006, 05:23
Well theres been alot of overnight rain here but there may be some dry spells here during the day today. If a bit of a breaze picks up things dry pretty quick.

May head over later in the morning if it looks like theres a possibility of some dry tracktime.

GSVR
16th July 2006, 06:37
Just a follow up on the pricing. It was $80 and $60 for Car club members. When I questioned why the rate has changed the last 3 testdays I've attended I was told it was because the hireage of the track had gone up.
I would prefer to get 50% discount but this seems fairer to non car club members.

Turned up at around 11am and wasn't that great a day with only 4 bikes there and only 3 actually going out. A formula first car had dragged heaps (thats like big clods of mud) on the track at the left hander in the esses right on the raceline. This wasn't cleaned up and ended up mashed into the track for the whole day. Second session was almost dry and the day was reasonable but the track stayed wet from the short wet spells and we all flagged the last session.

Roll on Friday

Dafe
16th July 2006, 06:50
Good on ya for getting out there.

I ending up flying down to Nelson and picking up a 91GSXR400R. My F3 bike to be. Made up for missing out with a good blat from Nelson to Picton. Not a drop of rain to be had amazingly. However, a pretty sickening ferry crossing and then the crap in Wellington.

MD
19th July 2006, 07:44
I feel overdue for a track day but not keen on taking more time off work for Friday 21st.
Anyone know if bikes are still welcome at these Open Cubsport days? If so then I might get me to the track on the 30th. Other than that it's;
Aug 18 Fri. test day
Aug 27 Sat. OCS
Sep 1st Fri Test day
9th Sat Test Day

cowpoos
19th July 2006, 08:27
I feel overdue for a track day but not keen on taking more time off work for Friday 21st.
Anyone know if bikes are still welcome at these Open Cubsport days? If so then I might get me to the track on the 30th. Other than that it's;
Aug 18 Fri. test day
Aug 27 Sat. OCS
Sep 1st Fri Test day
9th Sat Test Day
clubsport days a sweet for bikes mark....

Deano
19th July 2006, 09:05
i haven't got race fairings for my bike yet, but fuck it, unless someone smart talks me out of riding it in nice new road tirm i'll be at Round 3.

Ummm, isn't that what Darryl did and biffed it ? :nono:

Ride it naked !! :blip: :gob:

cowpoos
19th July 2006, 10:06
Ride it naked !! :blip: :gob:

I'm not sure we would be up for that.......da dum....tsssssh!!!