PDA

View Full Version : um #$#$#$ believable

FROSTY
30th May 2004, 21:58
:angry2: the bloody bike doesn't go. New plugs ,tappets set . clean gas.spinning quick
and still no go---argggggggggg :angry2: :angry2: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:

Racey Rider
30th May 2004, 22:04
We've been through this before.

Turn the kill switch off! :doh:

FROSTY
30th May 2004, 22:09
no its a kwakka not a honda --wont turn over with kill turned off

Racey Rider
30th May 2004, 22:16
Well check the basics.
Is there spark at the plugs.
Is there fuel getting to the plugs.
Is there enough compression to blow past your thumb when placed over spark plug hole.

Antallica
30th May 2004, 22:19
You did have a battery connected right? ;)
Power running through the system?

FROSTY
30th May 2004, 22:22
Oyyy you lot its got all of the above. Im just blowing off steam--itll be something stupid for sure.

Racey Rider
31st May 2004, 08:34
Oyyy you lot its got all of the above. itll be something stupid for sure.

Has it got air in the tyres??? :stupid: Maybe that's what the motor needs! :spudwhat:

Maybe it just doesn't like you!! :buggerd:

Maybe it's the "time of the month" :whistle:

Maybe it's just missing Motoracer! :bye:

Yer. Probably something stupid for sure!
At least you've come to the right place! :done:

wari
31st May 2004, 08:49
Checked the hydrocillator ? :pinch:

White trash
31st May 2004, 08:51
Checked the hydrocillator ? :pinch:

You and your "hydrocillator"!

Hooks
31st May 2004, 09:05
I understand your frustrations !!...i own a ford falcon....and once a wee while back after I had given it a nice new radiator and had a play with the plugs and things I tried to get it started and wouldn't bloody well go !!!....I checked everything and still nothing. Then a mate came over and suggested I try starting it with my left hand ..........and it worked !!!!

:brick:

So give that a go !!

Good luck.....

riffer
31st May 2004, 10:06
Just a wild guess but with the weather we've been having lately, is there any condensation in and around the cdi?

FROSTY
31st May 2004, 10:24
Ok its going just fine
um er nope guys none of the above - :Oops:
I had to remove the plug caps to fit the radiator heat sheild and um er well ya see ........
Muttering quietly hoping nooone can see.
I by mistake had the plug leads reversed.
Clean plugs -refit leads-in correct order :mad:
hrumph

White trash
31st May 2004, 10:50
Ok its going just fine
I had to remove the plug caps to fit the radiator heat sheild and um er well ya see ........
hrumph

ROTFLMAO.

Don't you just fucken hate that! Give it heaps on Saturday dude.

Wish I could be there.

FROSTY
31st May 2004, 11:21
um---can you delete a thread :doh:
yep well I guess Id better get myself organised to race now

merv
31st May 2004, 12:11

Nah don't delete it, what you've done adds to the experience of everyone reading it so you may have saved someone else a problem - they will think check spark plug leads. You've done all the hard work for them - good on ya and pleased you fixed it.

FROSTY
31st May 2004, 12:29
yea but merv-- Im not exactly a newbee to bikes .Sheesh i used to spanner on the bloody things --so its double embarressing

toads
31st May 2004, 13:46
Ok its going just fine
hrumph

Well that was a cheap fix!!! hehehe, we have done similar things on occasions :Oops:

wari
31st May 2004, 13:47

WE've alll got dirty laundry mate ... no shameinit :spudwave:

vifferman
31st May 2004, 14:58
WE've alll got dirty laundry mate ... no shameinit :spudwave:

Most of use don't air it in public though....
It's fun to look back and laugh at something dumb that you did, even if it's embarrassing or frustrating at the time. Like the time I couldn't get my Elsinore to start, and after kicking it over about 10 times, noticed I'd knocked the kill switch to "Off". :Oops: Then when I flicked it back on and gave it one more kick, the kickback just about broke my knee when it shot my leg into the handlebars :doh: No-one was there to see it, but man did that hurt :crybaby:

pete376403
31st May 2004, 15:04
When I were a lad, back in the day, etc, when cops rode Triumphs and BSAs and (occasionally) Nortons, (the keen eye will have noticed "twin cylinder, kickstarter" type mobikes) it was great sport to swap the plug leads on unattended cop bikes. Oh how we laughed when they couldn't get started. :D

White trash
31st May 2004, 15:10
When I were a lad, back in the day, etc, when cops rode Triumphs and BSAs and (occasionally) Nortons, (the keen eye will have noticed "twin cylinder, kickstarter" type mobikes) it was great sport to swap the plug leads on unattended cop bikes. Oh how we laughed when they couldn't get started. :D

Oh what an "American graffiti" moment that would be! :killingme

Racey Rider
31st May 2004, 15:40

And we'll be there to Help out again. :hug:

Everyone at Taupo,
make sure Frosty is pointing the right way on the starting grid! :P

FROSTY
31st May 2004, 16:11
ok--um maybee id better paint a direction arrow ion the bike to show what wayy to ride :lol:

750Y
31st May 2004, 16:48
tip#1: label the plug leads. 8-)

I had a 'holden' mechanic do that one time, he replaced all the leads & set my 350 up for a 308 firing order. needless to say it didn't like that AT ALL.

FROSTY
31st May 2004, 19:02
ok 750 ya just wanna rub salt in the wouunds ---they are labled :brick:

Ghost Lemur
31st May 2004, 19:43

Bahahahaha :killingme

Thanks Frosty, this was almost as good a read as wari's gynomasticor thread. :Punk:

750Y
31st May 2004, 19:58
lol, no problemo, next week we will be putting the airbox back together & tank back on only to discover the filter sitting patiently on the bench! doh! 8-(
so until then kids have fun & remember ...
"a tappy tappet is a happy tappet..." 8-)

FROSTY
2nd June 2004, 00:11
nope latest lil hitch is that our beloved $#$#$#$ baby $^$#$%# bikie
decided that daddys racing numbers make great toys -so now on one side im number 20 and on the front number 2 and the other side number 0
great to confuse the scrutineers.

scumdog
12th June 2004, 16:27

Some 'mate" did that to my old Sporty, was pissed off when I jumped on the bike, fired it up and rode off (doen't make any difference which lead goes where on a stock early Hogley) :Offtopic:

FROSTY
12th June 2004, 18:49
The look on the buggers face would be classic.