PDA

View Full Version : GSXR 1000 K2 C28 fault

saul
9th July 2006, 16:47
Hello :yes:

I have 2002 GSXR 1000 K2 which has just recently been getting an F1 fault with a slight clicking noise.:angry:

Anyhow a quick check in the F1 fault codes tells me that it is the secondary Throttle valve actuator.

I was wondering if any clever person knew of a fix for this or had spare (working) to sell in your bag of spares.

Glen:blip:

WINJA
9th July 2006, 16:57
Hello :yes:

I have 2002 GSXR 1000 K2 which has just recently been getting an F1 fault with a slight clicking noise.:angry:

Anyhow a quick check in the F1 fault codes tells me that it is the secondary Throttle valve actuator.

I was wondering if any clever person knew of a fix for this or had spare (working) to sell in your bag of spares.

Glen:blip:
ON MY K2 IT HAD THE SAME FAULT SPRAYED A BIT F CRC IN THE BUSHES I THIK AND IT FIXED AT LEAST I THINK IT DID I ONLY KEPT THE BIKE FOR ANOTHER 2 MONTHS , FARK YOU DONT HAVE MY OLD RED AND BACK ONE DO YA

saul
9th July 2006, 17:26
ON MY K2 IT HAD THE SAME FAULT SPRAYED A BIT F CRC IN THE BUSHES I THIK AND IT FIXED AT LEAST I THINK IT DID I ONLY KEPT THE BIKE FOR ANOTHER 2 MONTHS , FARK YOU DONT HAVE MY OLD RED AND BACK ONE DO YA

No mate

The bike is called Olive:blip: cause it is a sort of olive colour.

I will give that a go::innocent:

Thanks for the reply:sunny:

onearmedbandit
9th July 2006, 18:02
I don't remember that colour in the brochure.

I had a FI light problem recently with my one, turned out to be the valve in the exhaust midpipe. Local Suzuki dealer oiled it up during its service recently but said if it comes back on to return the bike. He also said the battery, whilst having enough power to start the bike, was a bit weak. The colder weather set in so i replaced the battery, no more FI problems full stop. During the start up process the exhaust valve does a self check and even though the battery had enough power to start the bike while the lights were on and run all the other gizmo's, it didn't have enough power to do the self test on the valve, bringing up the FI light.

saul
9th July 2006, 18:52
I don't remember that colour in the brochure.

I had a FI light problem recently with my one, turned out to be the valve in the exhaust midpipe. Local Suzuki dealer oiled it up during its service recently but said if it comes back on to return the bike. He also said the battery, whilst having enough power to start the bike, was a bit weak. The colder weather set in so i replaced the battery, no more FI problems full stop. During the start up process the exhaust valve does a self check and even though the battery had enough power to start the bike while the lights were on and run all the other gizmo's, it didn't have enough power to do the self test on the valve, bringing up the FI light.

Interesting ob :yes: I did the diagnostic and got a c28 which is the blah (as above) blah blah.

The bike runs ok but I notice when I want to get on the power it is sluggish and I hate that.

Colour hmmmmmm it is stock in the Venezuela:sunny: :innocent:

saul
9th July 2006, 19:13
Bump:blip:

SimJen
9th July 2006, 21:05
Suzuki tps are prone to failure. Usually its the main tps that fails...but they are both similar variable resistors, the secondary has a different resistance so they are not interchangeable.
Cost for the main tps is $240 from suzuki!!!! so i'd imagine the secondary would be similar.
If you can get a new one they are easy to put in yourself but you need to know how to set it up properly.
They have a shaft which is sealed via an oring inside a sealed unit, over time the oring swells giving slow readings, all which lead to running problems of varying degrees.
A user manual will tell you how to test your existing unit and setting up a new one.
Good luck :)

saul
10th July 2006, 07:12
Suzuki tps are prone to failure. Usually its the main tps that fails...but they are both similar variable resistors, the secondary has a different resistance so they are not interchangeable.
Cost for the main tps is $240 from suzuki!!!! so i'd imagine the secondary would be similar.
If you can get a new one they are easy to put in yourself but you need to know how to set it up properly.
They have a shaft which is sealed via an oring inside a sealed unit, over time the oring swells giving slow readings, all which lead to running problems of varying degrees.
A user manual will tell you how to test your existing unit and setting up a new one.
Good luck :)

Hi SJ

Getting it off and setting it up is no probs, thanks for the info:yes:

saul
10th July 2006, 19:02
Thanks for the all the replies chaps.:yes:

Good news is that I have got heaps of specific info from gixxer.com and from a gent called Bugman:blip:

The diagnostic search goes on. :blah: :sunny:

Quite good fun really if you like research:blip:

Kornholio
10th July 2006, 19:20
Thanks for the all the replies chaps.:yes:

Good news is that I have got heaps of specific info from gixxer.com and from a gent called Bugman:blip:

The diagnostic search goes on. :blah: :sunny:

Quite good fun really if you like research:blip:

Ooh Olive has the hiccups....may stand a chance around Coro now :nya:

At least Ill know where to go to get some *cough*free advice*cough* if I get that little red light :D :doobey:

Good luck with fixing it Glen...Im sure you will get her back to her former glory :yes:

saul
10th July 2006, 19:25
Ooh Olive has the hiccups....may stand a chance around Coro now :nya:

At least Ill know where to go to get some *cough*free advice*cough* if I get that little red light :D :doobey:

Good luck with fixing it Glen...Im sure you will get her back to her former glory :yes:

Yep she sure has. :yes:

She still runs fairly smooth just feels underpowered to what I am used to her delivering.:angry:

Cheers mate

Taupo 28/07 ??????????

Kornholio
10th July 2006, 19:43
Taupo 28/07 ??????????

Fuck mate would love to, but still the same olds probs with the folding stuff (insert fucking pissed off smilie here)...you know what is back in under 4 weeks now so things will pick up then... may zip down for a squizz tho :scooter:

saul
11th July 2006, 17:49
I do believe that she is sorted :yes: :scooter: :done: :finger:

WINJA
11th July 2006, 18:25
I do believe that she is sorted :yes: :scooter: :done: :finger:
DETAILS PLEASE