PDA

View Full Version : the weekend

toads
31st May 2004, 14:09
Hi all, Well this weekend was devoted to sorting out young son's cbr 250rr ( got to have the rr in there apparently) finally got the thing sorted and running, it had a multitude of issues due to lack of maintainence from it's previous owners and also someone with no mechanical knowlege trying to fit other bike parts to it, anyway it's going now, I went for a little ride on it and really didn't like it at all, it looks pretty but I don't enjoy having all my weight going on my wrists for any length of time, another reason to love cruiser bikes! :love2: And we fitted a nice pair of ape hangers onto Pete's bike, it looks very sexy now ( imho) and also met a kber (jbee) who called out for a visit, nice to know we aren't the only ones here.
This morning I was shocked to see how many bikes were out and about in Gizzy, we have a sad lack of bikers here, and I saw a truly beautiful ducati, and a bunch of sport bikes, (moving too fast to identify). Good to see, it's supposed to be good weather tomorrow so I might take my bike to work. What did you lot get up to?

jrandom
31st May 2004, 14:30
What did you lot get up to?

I changed quite a lot of nappies, got mildly pissed, slogged around a couple of shopping malls and went to see Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, which I can't recommend highly enough.

The bike stayed warm and cosy on the back porch.

Fascinated and enthralled yet?

matthewt
31st May 2004, 14:57
I changed quite a lot of nappies, got mildly pissed, slogged around a couple of shopping malls.

I did a bit of that as well, Nappies sadly and not getting even mildly pissed.

Also went out for a ride, started to rain towards the end and I found out my textile pants that have given me trusty service for nearly 7 years leak, badly. But the time I got home certain "bits" were near frozen. Was going to stop in and see how the rider training was going in Lower Hutt but needed to get home to a warm fire more.

Cajun
31st May 2004, 14:58
ripped the side fairing off and figured out there is no room for air horns,
Riped the exhust apart and in middle of gutting it to make it a little louder(can't afford a new exhust at this point in time) rest of weekend was building computers for clients, and dome some stuff around the house since, i be away most of next weekend

750Y
31st May 2004, 15:12
i spent the weekend sanding/masking/painting the kitchen & sleepout.
Polished my exhaust pipe(extra 0.5 hp!) & made some suspension changes on my bike.
Cleaned/rust proofed the quad tank in preparation for sealing it for leaks.
not exactly mindblowing stuff. didn't have a beer or a ride all weekend either.
oh well, long weekend coming, yay!

Hoon
31st May 2004, 16:34
On Sat I pulled my carbs off the ZXR400, stripped them all and soaked the parts overnight.

Next day I put it all back together - checked all the settings and fired it up. Started easily but running a little rough at idle. Started pissing down so I threw it in and went inside. I'll have to leave the fine tune/carb balancing for another day. Weather was so lousy this weekend I didn't even get to take it out for a test ride :(

Yarg
31st May 2004, 16:52
Went out for an afternoon ride out to Puke down highway 22 to naike & then inland to Rangariri then pokeno & back to Ak. Only 2 small showers in 220 km. :scooter:

Firefight
31st May 2004, 16:56
Luckily not old enouff to wear nappies yet, rode all the way to puke track sat morn (approx 1.1kms) only to find no bikes :disapint: today, nipped up the back way, and beat Vladi :second: to the BP bombay. Meet up with a mate, who was unable to be :Police: arrested(I guess he can't tell us about it cause it may be Sub-dud-a-k)sp?, anyway, shot down ramarama, over ararimu past 750Ys, did Hunua, clevedon-kawakawa-miranda, back up # 2, and home, joined later at my place by my Allah fearing buddy, who stayed the night at his second home, nice to have you with us again mate ! :apint: Next day buddy departed after doing a nice stoppy on my drive :2thumbsup . spent the day with the family :grouphug:

F/F

White trash
31st May 2004, 17:09
Had a weekend off from the kids. Went to Celticno6s place to help him change his fork seals.

Was sick as a dog so didn't feel like riding. Went home, felt sorry for myself and watched the motorsport and the end of National Anthem.

There are some awesome kiwi groups :niceone: but it's gotta be said there are a hell of a lot of crap ones too.

Motu
31st May 2004, 17:40
Towed the TLR200 to Tauranga for a trial - got to see how gutless the Pajero is up the Kaimai's and how much black smoke I can put into motorcyclists faces.Confirmed I am a hopeless trials rider,but enjoy myself immensely.Coming back over the Kaimai's I see the West covered in a brooding black cloud - I bravely thrust twin 100W beacons into the gloom and fight my way back to the safety of JAFFA land - oh boy,it's a wild land south of the Bombay's.A 12hr epic,once a year is enough.

SPman
31st May 2004, 19:03
Visited my bike in the workshop and told Dr Ricky to keep it there til it was well, took an 03 R6 for a run (The fastest silver one) and was pleasantly surprised,nee,pleased coz I thought the old one was crap, and went to Tiritiri island on Sunday to look at the Saddlebacks and Takahes and things.

claire
31st May 2004, 19:11
Weather was crap so worked Saturday in anticipation of riding down to Taupo to the track. Weather crap Sunday so oil changed the bike and started getting our Pontiac ready to go away this weekend. Exciting stuff really.

Motoracer
1st June 2004, 12:03
Sorry, bit late in getting here.

Sat morning, woke up at 7:30AM, pulled the bike apart and put all the race crap on to go on the track. 10:30AM, Just as I was leaving home, got a call from a mate who was already at the track and said "no open day today" :thud:

Spent the next couple of hours converting it back to a road bike, (oh the joys of haveing one bike as a road/race bike) :wacko:

Had a feed and rested for a while. Left home at 2:00 PM. Went to my fav roads and did my fav part of it 3 times over. That ride was one of the best I have gone on in a while. Came back to the Northern waikato region and stayed the night over at my second home. A certain hostess really made the weekend special with her company as well :).

Next morning, I jetskied my GSXR back to Auckland to a mate's place and took some pics, had lunch. Then I headed back home after that.

All up, even with a weather that some might call crappy (including me sometimes), I managed to have one of the best weekends in a while.

toads
2nd June 2004, 15:18
Went out for an afternoon ride out to Puke down highway 22 to naike & then inland to Rangariri then pokeno & back to Ak. Only 2 small showers in 220 km. :scooter:

Kewl, hope we get good weather this weekend, I have just been offered a babysitter if me and dh wanna go for a big long ride somewhere overnight!! hhehehe, sounds like good fun to me

duckman
2nd June 2004, 15:34
Moved house ..... No time for anything else. :angry:

vifferman
2nd June 2004, 16:01
Ah... the weekend. The time you look forward to all week...

Unfortunately, my weekends are always so busy, I never get time for bike stuff. Like going for a ride. And stuff like that there. [Maybe I should go riding during the week? I mean, I don't do anything at work....]
At least this time I got to do some bike maintenance and cleaning, instead of just house maintenance and cleaning.
Had to pull the fairing off the FahrtSturm to see if I could find out why it's allergic to water (throws a tantrum when I take it out in the rain). :bash:
At least taking the fairing off is easy: remove the mirrors, unclip the indicator and headlight plugs, undo 4 allen screws, and it slides right off.
Rear cowl: unplug the taillights, undo two allen screws and four philips screws (one is missing), and it's off. :2thumbsup
So, I sprayed all the ignition plugs with silicon, and some switches, and put it back together. If it misbehaves in the rain again, maybe I'll use FIRE instead of silicon to keep the moisture off. :devil2: