PDA

View Full Version : I've lost it O_o

Mr. Peanut
11th July 2006, 12:17
I was in an odd frame of mind today. Got on the pushie and started thinking about motorcycling technique.

Things I learnt, ( this was done on light gravel. )

When you wheelie to come up straight you gotta pull harder with your non dominant hand. Bikes are extremely sensitive to this, so I imagine with enough practice your technique would be flawless on an MTB. Keep you hips straight and in line with the bike.

Front wheel sliding/dynamics

When you start to feel the front going out pedaling harder puts it back into line and shares the cornering load between the two wheels.

Leaning in/out

Leaning out makes slides easier to deal with, when you lean in cornering force is increased.

Steering

Push out with the right hand to go right and vice versa for left. This decreases interferance with the front wheel and increases front wheel grip. When you pull with the other hand the tendancy is to tighten your grip and you lose traction. Keep a loose grip on the bars.

Looking where you want to go, while counter-intuitive helps with all of the above.

It was.... fun? :blink:

Speedracer
11th July 2006, 21:08
When you wheelie to come up straight you gotta pull harder with your non dominant hand. Bikes are extremely sensitive to this, so I imagine with enough practice your technique would be flawless on an MTB. Keep you hips straight and in line with the bike.

I have this problem where on a push bike I can do wheelies, stoppies etc but not on a motorbike????

Mr. Peanut
11th July 2006, 21:18
NS250's should have enough power for a wheelie?

Accelerate, clutch in - revs to max torque clutch out.
Other techniques compress the front forks like a spring board to help bring the front up.
On lower powered/lighter bikes you can pull the front up.

Should be a thread on this.

You drop it, It's your fault k?