PDA

View Full Version : http://www.ebikeinsurance.co.nz/

GR81
11th July 2006, 15:06
no idea if anyone has posted about this before.

http://www.ebikeinsurance.co.nz/

just heard it on the radio

Quasievil
11th July 2006, 15:09
Yeah they are great, gave me a quote twice the price of my current one, I asked for another one, the guy rang me at home (wasnt that nice) he sent me a link to my new quote and it was $300 higher than the previous one..........with no track day cover.
Love the concept but sorry at this stage they suck

Cajun
11th July 2006, 15:36
Premium Voluntary Excess Excesses and Endorsements
$1840.32 $ 500 View Excesses & Endorsements

hmmmmm well thats like over $1000 darer than my current bike insurance, for a male 25, with no driving confictions. no claims 5+ years

The sound a little expensive they are $600 more expensive than the highest quote i got from www.kiwibike.co.nz

GR81
11th July 2006, 15:48
*shrug* i just heard them on the radio this afternoon.

I'd never use em as my missus works for an insurance co. and $16/month for comprehensive for my CBR suits me just fine :nya:

Zukin
11th July 2006, 15:52
I too agree, same thing, insurance was allot higher than my current premiums, very misleading if you ask me after what they said in their ads!
I first contacted them along time ago, after reading it in Kiwirider mag, never heard back!!

Then about 2 months later an email appears, so I thought I would give them a try.
What really pissed me off was having to complete a form with all my info, DOB, address, what sort of bike lock I use etc etc....JUST FOR A QUOTE!!
I dont think so, no other insurance company asks for all that??:wait:

So I filled in allot of the spaces with AAAA :nya: , buggered if they were going to get my personal details so they can send me junk mail!!

Sorry they dont come recommended by me!

miSTa
24th July 2006, 20:07
Mmmmmm, curious, these guys are currently the cheapest quote I've got so far for my next bike :spudwhat: Maybe they've changed their pricing structures in the last couple of weeks?

I have to admit I do feel a little uneasy about them especially when I get a call on my cell phone from Queensland (yes Australia) asking me what I thought of their quote and their website.

crusa
24th July 2006, 22:23
Yeah they are great, gave me a quote twice the price of my current one, I asked for another one, the guy rang me at home (wasnt that nice) he sent me a link to my new quote and it was $300 higher than the previous one..........with no track day cover.

just re insured the bike with kiwibike got a quote from ebike $1200 dearer than my current.:gob: they are great at losing business.

Dadpole
24th July 2006, 22:36
I checked them out a little while back, and they were not very good value. I tried a few variations on the on-line quotes out of interest.
One quote for third party, fire & theft was $170 pa, but if I put a tick in the box that asked if I had any convictions under the crimes act (1961) the quote went to over $900 pa. (As I recall, the crimes act (1961) covers everything except traffic infringements) I imagine that the legislation allowing the wiping of certain convictions after 7(?) years would not apply here.

PS: If you use a garage it must be "brick built". If any other material, you must let them know.

Ixion
24th July 2006, 22:39
I also tried various combinations. One thing I found very strange was that with several of them (they were "sensible" ones, based on reality), third party fire and theft was CHEAPER than third party only. WTF? How can that be? (everything else the same, same excesses etc, just trying TFT vs TP) Makes me suspect that their fundamental algorithims are pretty shot.

Dadpole
25th July 2006, 10:31
TFT vs TP
I found the same. Curiouser and curiouser.

kiwifruit
25th July 2006, 15:15
just got a quote from http://www.kiwibike.co.nz/ to insurure my gsxr1000k2 full cover for $59.00 per month
i recon thats pretty good!
easy online application, well worth a look.....

GR81
25th July 2006, 15:26
word on the street says they resell Tower Insurance's product.
not sure on that tho

kiwifruit
25th July 2006, 15:28
Swan :)
10 fathoms

Matt
26th July 2006, 10:37
My quote for the same cover from ebike was $3100 for a CBR600RR, and $850 from Kiwibike!!

Matt

SimJen
26th July 2006, 11:50
Guys try Classic Cover at http://www.classiccover.co.nz
They quoted me $535 fully comp on my Thou although I think they only do over 30's?
Still waiting on whether it can also include trackdays....
Kiwibike wanted $800+
AMI wants $900+

madboy
26th July 2006, 12:33
What are you pussies whinging about - ebike quoted me $28,000 to insure my 2002 636. Of course I took them up on their offer, wouldn't want to risk writing off an uninsured bike and losing $8,000!!

Lias
31st July 2006, 17:07
Guys try Classic Cover at http://www.classiccover.co.nz
They quoted me $535 fully comp on my Thou although I think they only do over 30's?
Still waiting on whether it can also include trackdays....
Kiwibike wanted $800+
AMI wants $900+
Classic cover wanted me to be 30+ and have had my full for 2 years.. so no go for me.. but I have heard plenty of good things about em so worth checking uot for old fogies :-P

Ixion
31st July 2006, 17:47
What are you pussies whinging about - ebike quoted me $28,000 to insure my 2002 636. Of course I took them up on their offer, wouldn't want to risk writing off an uninsured bike and losing $8,000!!

It appears they don't have a "Piss off you're uninsurable" option

This could be rather fun. Challenge: See who can get the highest quote out of eIncurance, for a bike. Bike value quoted must be sensible, no quarter million dollar harleys.

EDIT. Damn. I'm wrong. They do have a piss off option

We are unable to continue with your Quote due to one or more of your answers:
Sorry, we cannot offer you a quote based upon your requested combination of Rider Age(s), Bike, Postcode and Cover. (You may wish to check that you have entered your Address details correctly.)
If this is an answer which you can honestly alter, Click Here to correct the problem.

And I only asked for a quote for a turbo'd Rocket3 for a 15 year old on a learners with two previous dangerous driving convistions and two previous claims

It appears to only allows a maximum of two previous claims and two convictions. What is stupid is that they class fitting a Scottoiler as a modification!

Well, that's a bit of harmless fun spolied.

quackquack
1st August 2006, 09:03
This is E-bikes insurance rating not a good look to be marginal I would tread carefully.

Southern Rock Insurance Company Limited has a BB- marginal claims rating given by Standard and Poor’s Australia Pty Ltd on 28 March 2006.

The rating scale is:

AAA (Extremely Strong)
AA+ (Very Strong)
AA (Very Strong)
AA- (Very Strong)
A+ (Strong)
A (Strong)
A- (Strong)
BBB+ (Good)
BBB (Good)
BBB- (Good)
BB+ (Marginal)
BB (Marginal)
BB- (Marginal)
B+ (Weak)
B (Weak)
B- (Weak)
CCC (Very Weak)
CC (Extremely Weak)
R (Regulatory Action)

mazz1972
2nd August 2006, 16:50
I have just got my learner licence but not insured my baby NXR yet. Got quotes for full cover from Star Insurance $682pa and Ebike $683pa...WOAH...I DON'T THINK SO!! Like ZZR, I also got the call from ebike in Queensland asking various customer feedback questions - but it wasnt actually a follow up call to see if I wanted the insurance...go figure??? :gob:

Got a quote from AMI (who all our other vehicles are insured through) which came to $400. By now I was getting depressed at having to pay so much for a bike of pretty low value, even though I only have a learner licence and would expect a higher premium. Requested a quote from AA but they wont insure a bike unless you have an existing policy for something else. So got a 3rd party/fire/theft quote from Protecta which was $232pa. Better than nothing I thought.

BUT THEN....the quote came back from Kiwibike (http://www.kiwibike.co.nz/) and I was astounded at the low price of the two options - $236 or $185 for full cover depending on which I took. There doesn't seem to be a higher premium for a learner licence, rather there is a slightly higher excess. They were very helpful and friendly and I am waiting for the policy documents to come in the mail so the NXR is finally covered! :banana:

Really I should have gone there first as I have already done insurance for a club vehicle through them and it was also a cheap rate. Kiwibike have been around for years and I would recommend anyone wanting insurance for their bike to go there first!!

Ebike and Star Insurance (both advertise in Kiwi Rider mag) can dream on!!

El Dopa
2nd August 2006, 19:59
Got two quotes for the Bandit today

www.kiwibike.co.nz: $224 p/a fully comp.

ebikeinsurance: $950 fully comp.

What the....?

BTW, does anyone know if there are any companies that do a low excess, or if you can pay extra on your premiums to get a low excess?

mazz1972
3rd August 2006, 10:29
BTW, does anyone know if there are any companies that do a low excess, or if you can pay extra on your premiums to get a low excess?

My quote from AMI had an excess of only $250, but I do wonder if they missed the point that I have a learner licence, or whether that was factored into the premium already.

Some companies may offer you a choice of excesses which then reflects your premium - a higher excess may mean a lower premium, or vice versa. Best you get some quotes and specifically ask about it.

Bear in mind that if you pay a high premium with a low excess for say three years before making any claim, you probably haven't saved anything! Or if you made a claim say every year or so, you wouldn't have any no-claims-bonus, therefore your premiums would not go down - more likely go up.

So you have to weigh it up, and ask when getting quotes.

What a ramble...time to sign off... :bye:

Grumpy Gnomb
3rd August 2006, 13:02
Surprising what you have said about Star as my mates have been getting some good prices from them for insurance

mazz1972
3rd August 2006, 15:18
Surprising what you have said about Star as my mates have been getting some good prices from them for insurance

They must have been able to tick all the right :innocent: boxes...

YLWDUC
13th April 2007, 12:16
Anyone find out about eBike's apparent competition to win a GSXR 750?

All you had to do was ask for a quote, it was supposedly drawn on March 22-23.

They have no information published on their website regarding the comp anymore

Coyote
13th April 2007, 12:24
Who do you deal with? Cause I was told to insure the nice GSXR600 at Wellington Motorcycles I'd have to pay $2500 a year. Forgot who the insurer was, Protecta rings a bell

Quartermile
13th April 2007, 13:37
Yea, my old FXR worth 2000 had a premium of almost 5000 with those guys quote, Kiwi bike insurance sorted me out though:yes:

Sanx
27th April 2007, 11:50
PS: If you use a garage it must be "brick built". If any other material, you must let them know.

Bugger. Obviously my rebar concrete garage isn't secure enough...

Just got a quote from them. Hilarious.

60% more than my current insurance with a 'voluntary' excess of $500, a Garaging excess of $625 (the terms (oup-insurance.com/quote/endorsements.php?xs=3&xs2=0&cvr=0&prid=1&gs=5&r=0.7672424929355351) are quite interesting - you have to pay it if you don't keep the bike in a garage, regardless of where and when the loss happened. So, if you wreck it 200k from home whilst out on a ride, you'd have to pay it if it wasn't in the garage the previous evening), Own damage excess of $1800, Fire & Theft excess of $1800.

And no track day cover.

I really hope no-one's stupid enough to take out cover with them.