PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE: 1989 Honda VTZ 250

shandawg
31st May 2004, 20:52
Ok, just in case you guys haven't seen it in the Bike Trader section - My VTZ250 is up for sale.

It's an '89, Has the "hyper inertia port" V-Twin 250 that puts out 40hp and has a six-speed box.

I've paid for a new chain, front and rear sprockets, oil, filter, grips, brake pads, and fork seals in the last 5 months.

It has been totally reliable and has always started first pop since i bought it.

Makes an excellent commuter, I ride it every day.

2 things - 1 - Tank could use a respray
2 - One fork seal has leaked since about a week after I had them done by AMPS, but I never got around to taking it back cos they took bloody ages to do them and like I said I use the bike daily. They only leak a tiny bit, and the bike flew through the last warrant.

It has a current WOF, and is registered for another month.

$1550 takes it, as I have bought another bike as a project, and need the cash to get the other one going properly.

pm me if you're interested :)

FROSTY
31st May 2004, 23:42
looks like a perfect first bike for someone.
Is that the nakkid version or have ya streetfightered it?

shandawg
1st June 2004, 08:55
Thanks XJ,

Yeaqh it's the naked version, Has the bigger (not enclosed) front disk and different shaped tank etc. They came out between the VT's and the Spada. :D

Antallica
1st June 2004, 09:59
Ohh me wishes. Want an FXR? :p

shandawg
1st June 2004, 10:03
Tempting Antallica, those fxr's sound like good bikes, if perhaps a little down on power. I'm sure the light weight more than compensates though!

Antallica
1st June 2004, 10:25
Yeah, just don't ride under helicopters taking off, almost got my ass blown away!

I'll be at the next Mechanics Meet in Aucks if you wanna see her and have a blat. Unless you want to organise a meeting or something.

liquid_myth
9th July 2004, 16:35
Still for sale? i have a couple of mates who ar looking at getting a bike to learn on, and i know these are good bikes.

shandawg
9th July 2004, 16:41
Sorry mate, one of our fellow KB'ers snaffled it a wee while ago :cool: