PDA

View Full Version : GN250 dodgy dash lights

badmofo
13th July 2006, 15:48
The GN's dash lights are doing all sorts of quirky things at the moment.

-If i indicate with low beam on both indicator dash lights blink.
-When i switch to high beam both indicator dash lights come on (dimly), but the high beam dash light doesn't
-If i indicate in high beam the opposite side dash light blinks out of synch with the main indicator lights and the other indicator dash light stays on.

All the main lights work as they should, it's just the instrument panel lights that are screwy and it only happens when the headlights are on, with the headlights off it all works fine. Occasionally it works fine all the time but it's usually not long before it happens again.

If anyone's had a similar problem and could shed some light on this (sorry about the pun) i'd be grateful.

Thanks

skidMark
13th July 2006, 16:12
i can't get pm's but email me your address or go on msn and tell me it... and ill come round tonight if i have time...

brngiton@hotmail.com

FROSTY
15th July 2006, 19:52
Short dude --HMM Ill redo that--I suspect what has happened is you're gn has crushed the wires leading into the dash causing a short.
-Not hard to fix/figuere out --peel back the insulation and the damaged wire should be staring you in the face.