PDA

View Full Version : Auckland: The Auckland Thursday Nite Ride 13th July

Qkkid
13th July 2006, 16:44
ATNR AKL THURS NIGHT RIDE & Drinks 13th July @ 6.30pm leave at 7pm So it's official.......... We are back QKCHK/QKKID ARE BACK ORGANISING THE THURSDAY NIGHT RIDE the Night will remain as is for the rest of the winter season! (Is that good? ) Just a couple of things to point out this week......1. So we have had physical proof that the boys in blue are out there (both Speed Cameras and roving patrols) so we better be careful and think twice about what speed you travel at.

2. Please listen to the directions at the briefing, (even the regular riders!!) If we can stay as a group, I dont get to WORRY/WONDER where everyone is OR IF THERE HAS BEEN A ACCIDENT. Lets use the second-man system and stick to it.

What: A ride up north in da dark finishing with a cold one
When: Thursday night after work on the first day of winter
Where: Shell WESTGATE (end of the North Western Motorway)
Why: To get your fix for the mid-week blues
Time: Meeting there from 6.30pm departing @ 7pm
Pace: Open to all (As long as you can ride at least 100kph - not to say that we ride that speed all the time in the dark)
I'm doin the rides not for so much the riding itself (very limited with time and what you can do with it) but the social get-together at the Speights Ale House (Oteha Valley Road, Albany) afterwards. So if you can't make the ride, try and make the pub and meet fellow Kbers! The food is fine and a huge variety of beers to choose from. We are there from 8pm onwards.
THERE WILL BE FREE WEDGES/SOUR CREAM AND GARLIC BREAD THANKS TO SPEIGHTS ALE HOUSE
The route will be discussed on the night. For those worried about distance/time the ride will last for approx 1hr - 1half and is 70kms long. We start at Westgate and finish up at Albany.

- Remember I dont want to see anyone turn up with a tinted/irridium visor on! Any chance to lessen the risks we take in our riding the better! (If you dont have a clear visor, may I suggest buying/borrowing a pair of clear saftey glasses and keep ya tint visor up....)
DRESS WARMLY AS COULD BE A BIT COLD
- Darkness = Slower speeds (self explained...)

This ride is WEATHER PERMITTING - I will post up in the thread if it is postponed due to weather. I will decide on the day and post after 5pm.
Disclaimer: You participate on this ride at your own risk. I will not be held accountable for anyones actions, to/from and during the ride.. Anyone who is caught endangering others by their actions will be asked to leave the ride and may be refused entry to forthcoming rides! (As we have had seen in the past) I will not be responsible for people ending up at Wellsford due to not listening to instructions nor the pointer system failing..........

Qkkid
13th July 2006, 16:49
:gob: we are aware swanny having a similar ride but our ride will continue on as normal 3 confirmed already:blip:

Phenoix
13th July 2006, 16:56
be seeing ya there.
Getting cold tho.
Weathers all good

SwanTiger
13th July 2006, 17:00
:gob: we are aware swanny having a similar ride but our ride will continue on as normal 3 confirmed already:blip:

didn't think you were going to organise one :nya:

yah a bit slow old boy, I can't be fucked riding out in traffic to westgate so will see you along the way and at the pub

GR81
13th July 2006, 17:04
i shall hope to see you there :D

Qkchk
13th July 2006, 17:04
didn't think you were going to organise one :nya:

yah a bit slow old boy, I can't be fucked riding out in traffic to westgate so will see you along the way and at the pub
The only reason why I havent put one up this week is due to the Meteorologists getting it wrong! We are supposed to be getting very heavy rain today - like durhhhhhh..........:slap:

Me and Qkkid are keen as mustard to get out for a stretch, so who else needs their weekly fix?

SwanTiger
13th July 2006, 17:06
The only reason why I havent put one up this week is due to the Meteorologists getting it wrong! We are supposed to be getting very heavy rain today - like durhhhhhh..........:slap:

Me and Qkkid are keen as mustard to get out for a stretch, so who else needs their weekly fix?

Yep figured as much, it did say "Thunder" up until early this morning.

Qkkid
13th July 2006, 17:11
Looks mighty fine good nite for riding :rockon: see ya around the route swanny:blip:

Maha
13th July 2006, 17:13
Looks like it might be a race for the free muncho's..........:scooter:
My money is on.................ummmmmmmmmmmmm, swanny, man can he eat....:blip:

Qkkid
13th July 2006, 17:15
:blip: Shit yeah he can eat a house:nya:

ZeroIndex
13th July 2006, 17:22
dammit.. and i just came back from auckland too..

trev
13th July 2006, 17:37
what time does the Northweatern motorway traffic start to clear ??

wraith
13th July 2006, 17:44
i'll see you guys and gals there..i turned up last week only to find out later it had been cancelled. still, it was nice to have a beer and wedges with wickedone and buddyl. who should be showing up on his new gixxer 600 k2.

Qkchk
13th July 2006, 17:56
what time does the Northweatern motorway traffic start to clear ??
to make the ride on time - you will still have to do a bit of lane-splittin from rosebank rd up to lincoln, after that its sweet

the m/way is free-flowing after 7pm now

SwanTiger
13th July 2006, 17:56

Anyone want a good business opportunity? Open a chinese take aways in my area :blip:

Qkchk
13th July 2006, 18:01
i'll see you guys and gals there..i turned up last week only to find out later it had been cancelled. still, it was nice to have a beer and wedges with wickedone and buddyl. who should be showing up on his new gixxer 600 k2.
Yeah sorry neil

It was a LAST,LAST, LAST minute call from us. The bloody weather decided it wasnt goin to be all fine and dandy and it literally hosed down 15mins before we were gunna leave. As for tonight (as long as it stays this way.......hmmmmm :doh:) there is hardly a cloud in the sky over Albany and we had a RED sunset! :woohoo:

The saying goes:
Red in the morn, sailors warn
Red at night, sailors delight!

Blackbuell
13th July 2006, 18:02
See you turkeys there,you will be seeing double tonight,cause theres gunna be two blackbuells coming.

Buddy L
13th July 2006, 18:03
im coming out good thing i just check the net. so i better get my gear on.
:doobey:

Qkchk
13th July 2006, 18:06
See you turkeys there,you will be seeing double tonight,cause theres gunna be two blackbuells coming.

At least we will know which one is yours..............VROOM VROOM!

Qkchk
13th July 2006, 18:06
im coming out good thing i just check the net. so i better get my gear on.
:doobey:
I see you have upgraded :blip:

Buddy L
13th July 2006, 18:08
I see you have upgraded :blip:

yer just bored out the old 250 and got a 6 huny kit for it, with fairings

wraith
13th July 2006, 18:12
Yeah sorry neil

It was a LAST,LAST, LAST minute call from us. The bloody weather decided it wasnt goin to be all fine and dandy and it literally hosed down 15mins before we were gunna leave. As for tonight (as long as it stays this way.......hmmmmm :doh:) there is hardly a cloud in the sky over Albany and we had a RED sunset! :woohoo:

The saying goes:
Red in the morn, sailors warn
Red at night, sailors delight!

no worries, we still had a quik blat through riverhead and coatsville.before going to the pub.
i had better get a move on , see ya soon :doobey:

Qkchk
13th July 2006, 18:18
See you all there at Shell Westgate 6.30 leaving @ 7pm

N4CR
13th July 2006, 19:26
Looks like I missed it, came home and forgot to cancel dinner so to be respectful I ate what was prepared for me...

Too darn stuffed from gym anyway now.

Have fun and beware of the sh16 tax crew.

Qkkid
13th July 2006, 22:09
Great ride 16 bikes good turn out for last minute. We took a new route tonight so we had no misshaps with the law "sorry suckers the cops that is":bye: Hope you guys were freezing ya arses off waiting for us to come through :nya: At the pub we had 24 turn up for drinkies. Thanks everyone another great nite nice seeing some new faces. Nice seeing double with the buells and long time no see SixPackBack,:innocent: Macktheknife hope your collarbone op goes well in 2 weeks :first: and BigDave hopefully see ya all on next weeks :scooter: Qkkid and Qkchk.

SlowHand
13th July 2006, 23:00
I can confirm there were no cops on 16. :o

Or did i miss them with all the fog in and outside the visor..

Phenoix
14th July 2006, 07:09
You probly just missed them with with preety pink wings flying around.
The ride was good tho, interesting roads too.

WickedOne
14th July 2006, 08:59
Great ride 16 bikes good turn out for last minute. We took a new route tonight so we had no misshaps with the law "sorry suckers the cops that is":bye: Hope you guys were freezing ya arses off waiting for us to come through :nya: At the pub we had 24 turn up for drinkies. Thanks everyone another great nite nice seeing some new faces see ya all on next weeks ride :scooter: qkkid and Qkchk

Bugger, wish I could have made it, hopefully I'll see you guys there next week!!!

GR81
14th July 2006, 09:23
was mint. good to meet some new people.

and in the same fashion as the Super14 final... i took a group photo of all the bikes parked up at Dairy Flat... pic attached.

Big Dave
14th July 2006, 12:30
was mint. good to meet some new people.

and in the same fashion as the Super14 final... i took a group photo of all the bikes parked up at Dairy Flat... pic attached.

I like that effect on a Suzuki.

SlowHand
14th July 2006, 12:52
You probly just missed them with with preety pink wings flying around.
The ride was good tho, interesting roads too.

prety pink wings flappin..

Golly, Im not that loose am i?

Qkkid
14th July 2006, 14:42
Great ride 16 bikes good turn out for last minute. We took a new route tonight so we had no misshaps with the law "sorry suckers the cops that is":bye: Hope you guys were freezing ya arses off waiting for us to come through :nya: At the pub we had 24 turn up for drinkies. Thanks everyone another great nite nice seeing some new faces. Nice seeing double with the buells and long time no see SixPackBack,:innocent: Macktheknife hope your collarbone op goes well in 2 weeks :first: and BigDave hopefully see ya all on next weeks :scooter: Qkkid and Qkchk.
Must also thank the pub (Speights Ale House) for all the free food cheers guys :blip:

Maha
14th July 2006, 14:48
I was there 2 weeks ago and never got a free anything......:cry:
Should have txt you Steve, familiar face and all, they might have thought we got the days mixed up and served us a graze......:shifty:

Zed
14th July 2006, 15:35
I was there 2 weeks ago and never got a free anything......:cry:
Should have txt you Steve, familiar face and all, they might have thought we got the days mixed up and served us a graze......:shifty:Nah it's got nothing to do with familiar faces MM, Qkkid is just VERY demanding :angry2: lol.