PDA

View Full Version : Farking taxi drivers!!!

sunhuntin
13th July 2006, 20:50
heading to work today.....over took some cars turning left into pak n save [overtook safely, ie, was still well within my lane] and suddenly a fuckin front end of a taxi appeared out of nowhere.
i managed to swerve around and stopped in the middle of him. he looked like he shit himself and i was mighty pissed off...if i didnt have to go to work i would have had a go at him. fucking tosser. he didnt have a clear view to his right, due to the cars turning left, just assumed the road was fine and nearly collected me.
id already slowed down to allow for pedestrians crossing, but had i been going faster....i hate to think. im seriously thinking of laying a complaint with the company...surely, him being late to pick up a customer is worth more than my life? i hate think next time he does a stupid stunt like that, the bike rider on the receiving end wont be so lucky.

diggydog
13th July 2006, 21:01
:wait: it was'nt a somalian was it,? those bastard will break all the rules and still will scrap over who's fare, would it be.:blip:

sunhuntin
13th July 2006, 21:04
dunno what he was...had a beard and glasses. we get a few at work. my new policy is they can damn well serve themselves.

yungatart
13th July 2006, 21:20
Glad you are ok SH, some of my closest near misses have involved taxis - I wouldn't want to ride in them, seeing they way they drive... they're as bad as bus drivers.

sunhuntin
13th July 2006, 21:52
yunga...yeh....ive only ever been inside about 3 or 4....never again. they are always rude and take forever to get there, never mind the fares.
i mean, if you didnt have a clear view when exiting a driveway that opens onto the main street of town, you wouldnt go at it full tit....that driveway, i literally inch out it, dont go flying forwards....not only does it scare the crap out oncoming traffic [i nearly fell off the otherside] but what if theres a cyclist? stupid fool. hopefully this will have slowed him down a bit!

Skyryder
13th July 2006, 22:16
Glad you are ok SH, some of my closest near misses have involved taxis - I wouldn't want to ride in them, seeing they way they drive... they're as bad as bus drivers.

They are worse. Busses don't u-turn in front of you.

Skyryder

Swoop
13th July 2006, 22:26
One would think that full time "professional" drivers would be very good at their jobs........

Taxi drivers disprove this theory.

Beemer
14th July 2006, 12:03
Don't bother complaining though, it's likely they wouldn't even bother passing it on to the driver. If you have his rego number, fill in a road watch form.

I loathe taxi drivers with a vengeance! I would rather walk home in the rain than get a taxi! And while I agree that bus driver's don't usually do U-turns in front of you, they can't drive for shit and they're usually the most arrogant pricks alive. I had one bitch in Wellington who didn't even wait for me to get on the bus before she shut the door. I had one foot on the step when she shut it and went to drive off. She thought that was really funny.

placidfemme
14th July 2006, 12:08
Don't bother complaining though, it's likely they wouldn't even bother passing it on to the driver. If you have his rego number, fill in a road watch form.

I agree with the above statement. Complaining to the taxi company won't to diddly squat.

Glad to hear your ok though.... good riding!!! :first:

Squeak the Rat
14th July 2006, 12:09
I learnt to ride in London, and the geeza who taught me told me not to overtake cars turning left 'coz the car turnin' right will 'ave ya - know what I mean, innit.

Roughly translated, i don't reckon it's just a taxi thing. Always be prepared for this to happen when you're passing cars that are turning left. Unfortunately, drivers who can't see a car coming assume the road is empty.

Glad you avoided him though.

PS - if he got busted would it be a fare cop? :killingme

dawnrazor
14th July 2006, 13:10
I hate taxi drivers, I hate to get taxis 'cus they always go the long way and slow down for traffic lights to turn red so they will make more money while stationary. But more then that they are the one group of road users who are liable to pull the most assinine moves on the road, I've lost count of the examples of lunacy taxi drivers have exhibited in front of me, causing me to thank the stars I bought a bike with great brakes. The fact that most of them are blitzed out of there box on energy drinks coffee and pep pills only makes matters worse.......

sunhuntin
14th July 2006, 20:03
I agree with the above statement. Complaining to the taxi company won't to diddly squat.

Glad to hear your ok though.... good riding!!! :first:

didnt get his rego, or even which company it is...but pak n save uses just the one company, so shouldnt be hard to figure out. i will know his face, so if i see him, ill make a note.

squeak...yeh, but i think most other cagers wouldnt just pull out if they couldnt see.

myvice
15th July 2006, 22:34
Taxis make me seethe like no other!
I'd like to gun some of the bastards down!
Spent four years as a courier, not a noble profession I know, and some of the worst driving I saw was from taxi drivers.
They make bus drivers look good!
My boss was taken out by a taxi, did some major damage to him too.
A friend was taken out when one did a U-turn in front of him on a one way road!
I had my CBR totalled when one changed lanes and stopped, no indication, nothing...
He was going to turn around and needed more room!
This was on a one way road too!
Doing 70 down the motorway last year, in the fast lane, on the phone to the taxi company abusing the shit out of the manager as it was their cab in front of me setting the speed!
Deaths too good for them!

Drum
16th July 2006, 20:22
...............Always be prepared for this to happen when you're passing cars that are turning left. ...............

Glad to hear you avoided a clash with the taxi sunhuntin.

I agree with StR on this one. I always assume the feckin right turner is going to pull out in front of me, because past experiences have proven that this is often the case.

sunhuntin
16th July 2006, 21:25
thing is though, i didnt even see him either. so i couldnt be prepared until it was almost too late.

Drum
17th July 2006, 11:27
Just as well you were a vigilant biker with the reflexes of a tiger and not a half asleep cager with the reflexes of a sloth!

sunhuntin
17th July 2006, 11:58
Just as well you were a vigilant biker with the reflexes of a tiger and not a half asleep cager with the reflexes of a sloth!

lol. yeh. if i hadnt been going to work, the result may have been different, lol. first i swerved away, then towards and then away again before stopping and swearing at him, lmfao. dozey fuckin cagers. im gonna go stake out pak n slave at some stage, see if he shows up.

metric
18th July 2006, 08:44
I hate taxi drivers, I hate to get taxis 'cus they always go the long way and slow down for traffic lights to turn red so they will make more money while stationary. But more then that they are the one group of road users who are liable to pull the most assinine moves on the road, I've lost count of the examples of lunacy taxi drivers have exhibited in front of me, causing me to thank the stars I bought a bike with great brakes. The fact that most of them are blitzed out of there box on energy drinks coffee and pep pills only makes matters worse.......

me too.

taxi drivers piss me off like no one else.

I've had a taxi driver swerve right in front of on-coming traffic with me in the back passenger side seat to go up wyndham st - you've seen that ad on tv where the dad & his son are going fishing - crash - "bad call" - well that nearly happened to me.

yelled at him & got out of that cab at the next set of lights. bloody idiot.