PDA

View Full Version : Small (250) bike ride - AUCKLAND

R6_kid
1st June 2004, 16:45
anyone keen for a ride in a few weeks (im thinking 13th june or weekend after) tell me if ur keen and we can organise where to meet and where to go.
cheers,
gareth
:cool2:

Shawn
1st June 2004, 17:24
hey gareth
count me in....as long as it's not pissing down too bad..

phase
1st June 2004, 18:54
I'll come, depending on weather situation.

Any idea on a route?

Two Smoker
1st June 2004, 18:58
Count me in graeth, rain or shine....... What kind of pace is it going to be? Just so i can plan to get faster to keep up with you guys :niceone: ......... Do you mind if Milky and PT come on a 400 and 650 respectively.......

Motoracer
2nd June 2004, 10:20
I'll see if I can bring my TZR250 back to life by then, just needs a little gasket for the side cover but I haven't even touched it (literaly) for a few months now cause I don't have anytime :(

shandawg
2nd June 2004, 10:23
If it's the weekend after the 13th I'd be keen (mid - exams that weekend) :)

Andrew
2nd June 2004, 22:22
Do you go on many rides Gareth? Can show you a few of the more local roads round river head coatesville area if you like!

aff-man
3rd June 2004, 15:12
Bloody north shore straight roads :whistle: i'll show ya the southern twisties aye :niceone:

R6_kid
8th June 2004, 19:33
:niceone: K guys, sorry i havent replied, i actually forgot that i put this up. I got the rest of the week off so i'll put some of my time into planning a route.

Andrew your help would be very much appreciated, it will be my first planned ride so i will need the help.

Pace will be legal limit (up to about 120/130kmh) on the open road if "safe" so i dont see any reason why those two on the bigger bikes can't come.

I'll post some times and places later on in the week once i've sorted out where we are going.

Looking forward to it. Heres hoping for sunshine :sunny:

Andrew
8th June 2004, 23:20
:niceone: K guys, sorry i havent replied, i actually forgot that i put this up. I got the rest of the week off so i'll put some of my <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=time&v=55">time</a> into planning a route.

Andrew your help would be very much appreciated, it will be my first planned ride so i will need the help.

Pace will be <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=legal&v=55">legal</a> limit (up to about 120/130kmh) on the open road if "safe" so i dont see any reason why those two on the bigger bikes can't come.

I'll post some times and places later on in the week once i've sorted out where we are going.

Looking forward to it. Heres hoping for sunshine :sunny:

Yea I hope I can make the ride that you've got planned for, which ever day it is. Right now I'm preparing for exams and handing in last assesments so could be quite busy. I'll keep watching this space anyhow - and make sure you PM me if you'd like help with routes etc.

Andrew
8th June 2004, 23:21
Bloody north shore straight roads :whistle: i'll show ya the southern twisties aye :niceone:

That is assuming we go south! :sunny:

R6_kid
9th June 2004, 11:56
Ok guys, my current route (not specific).
Meet on the shore at X location, head north on the motorway to silverdale/coatesville and follow the old highway through to helensville (led by andrew) then back to westgate then proceed south on the western motorway to check out where ever Aff-Man has in mind. Im thinking about 2-3hrs riding involved from start to finish. So a full tank would be good idea
:Oops: :laugh:
So when can everyone be ready by??? Im thinking start at 12 and finish up round 3, depending on where we end up going. Also, where is a landmark/location that everyone should know?

R6_kid
9th June 2004, 12:00
by the way this is for sunday!!!
:doh:

Devil
9th June 2004, 12:07
Gareth: Depending on where you start from, when heading north, you should get off at Oteha Valley rd turn right and take East Coast road up to silverdale, then you can just turn left and head over the motorway and head down SH17 or whatever it is. Just means you dont have to sit on the boring motorway hehe.

Ill come along after september when ive got rid of the L plate heh.

Motoracer
9th June 2004, 12:21
:niceone: Pace will be legal limit (up to about 120/130kmh) on the open road if "safe".

Are others in the group allowed to exceed that? ;)

P.S. T.S., if you plan to get any faster on your lil RG150, you might as well add wings to it as your already flying as it is!

Two Smoker
9th June 2004, 14:21
Are others in the group allowed to exceed that? ;)

P.S. T.S., if you plan to get any faster on your lil RG150, you might as well add wings to it as your already flying as it is!
LMAO, me flying nnnaaaahhh cant be me, although i was just out at Maraetai practicing a bit hehehe, was averaging about 120-140 along the coast road :crazy: untill i hit my knee slider against a cats eye at 140!!!!! Fuck that hurt :eek5:

But i think im a little bit quicker than when i went to coromandal with you.......so ive upgraded from "slow" to "Semi slow"

Two Smoker
9th June 2004, 14:27
Oh and gareth, if we do both the north roads and south roads, we will need more than 3 hours if we are doing legal speeds :eek5: ..... I think 4-5 mite be more like it..... :niceone:

Motoracer
9th June 2004, 14:46
LMAO, me flying nnnaaaahhh cant be me, although i was just out at Maraetai practicing a bit hehehe, was averaging about 120-140 along the coast road :crazy: untill i hit my knee slider against a cats eye at 140!!!!! Fuck that hurt :eek5:

But i think im a little bit quicker than when i went to coromandal with you.......so ive upgraded from "slow" to "Semi slow"

Right on! I think that's what I was doing with my dying TZR250 on thoes roads. It is way over due for a rebuild by about 10,000 kms so I think it should be an even match with your 150. I guess corner speed will mean everything.

I'll be looking forward to this ride! :rolleyes:

k14
9th June 2004, 14:56
Right on! I think that's what I was doing with my dying TZR250 on thoes roads. It is way over due for a rebuild by about 10,000 kms so I think it should be an even match with your 150. I guess corner speed will mean everything.

Ohh damn. Just make sure it doesn't sieze on you. Heard a story about a guy on his nsr that had done around 20000kms siezed when he was going round a corner. Wasn't that the oil ran out, just that it was a 2 stroke that had waited too long for a rebuild.

Have fun.

Two Smoker
9th June 2004, 15:00

Alright battles on :niceone: even though im still going to get my arse kicked hehehe......

Definately looking forward to keeping you insight for more than a few corners hehehe.... but i dont think it will be too many corners more...... :(

Just hope like hell the weather will be good :rolleyes:

Motoracer
9th June 2004, 15:03
Ohh damn. Just make sure it doesn't sieze on you. Heard a story about a guy on his nsr that had done around 20000kms siezed when he was going round a corner. Wasn't that the oil ran out, just that it was a 2 stroke that had waited too long for a rebuild.

Have fun.

Damn, I am too poor to pour money into a rebuild right now. I prolly shouldn't be riding it with out a rebuild. hmmmmm... I'll see.

Two Smoker
9th June 2004, 18:48
Damn, I am too poor to pour money into a rebuild right now. I prolly shouldn't be riding it with out a rebuild. hmmmmm... I'll see.Just rip the power valves out and check them, then take the exhaust off and see if the piston is rubbing against the cylinder, if it aint, then im sure it will be fine for the day......... otherwise take the gixxer and limit youself to 3 or 4 gears hehehe.......maybe just 3 gears......

Motoracer
9th June 2004, 19:08
Na, don't have the time to work on it in that depth. I'll just F-ing come on the ride anyways. :cool:

I wont bring the zookie cause I didn't even use 5th and 6th gears in Taupo so with 4 gears alone the Gixxer can do some damage :D (Pukekohe gearing)

Two Smoker
9th June 2004, 19:49
LOL, well the first 2 gears then, that should limit you to around 160kmh :eek: :wacko:

Yeah just bring the TZR and make sure your hand is hovering over the clutch lol....

erik
9th June 2004, 19:56
I think I'll be there. I hope you guys don't mind waiting at intersections...

Motoracer
9th June 2004, 21:57
Erik, you've got a good pace. Don't sweat it. We had fun last time didn't we? I don't see why this time will be any different.

R6_kid
10th June 2004, 08:35
ok. Looks like we're gonna get some good numbers. Meet outside Colemans Suzuki in Barry's Pt Road at 12 noon. From there we go to the motorway to Oteha Valley Road (80kmh reduced to 50 for no reason???) then go up to East Coast Road towards silverdale, if my memory serves me right there should be some good roads up this way. Then cut across the farmland (on the road :D) out the wops to Helensville, then throught to kumeu where we can stop for fuel/feed. Then endure the boring middle part of going down the motorway to south of Auckland. From there the 'locals' can show us through the famous twisters they keep rambling on about. I'll get the map book out to spec out distances etc. That way i can better estimate a finish time.
:Punk:
g

phase
10th June 2004, 12:10
I'm in. Hopefully the weather clears a bit. I got hosed on this morning coming to work.

Gareth: Those are "temporary 50Km/h" signs they have on OTV road. They've only been there for 6 months, that's still temporary right? *mutter*

Devil
10th June 2004, 12:12
I'm in. Hopefully the weather clears a bit. I got hosed on this morning coming to work.

Gareth: Those are "temporary 50Km/h" signs they have on OTV road. They've only been there for 6 months, that's still temporary right? *mutter*

Yeah while theres a lot of trucks hanging around the side streets building etc, I think it'll stay at that. Although I sit at 60 along there and people still go honking past me.

rettun
10th June 2004, 13:33
Just an idea... have KB's been on a ride up to mangawhai? as you could come back to wellsford via kaiwaka and then head out helensville ways and back around,,, the roads out there(around mangawhai) get pretty twisty :baby:

Two Smoker
10th June 2004, 15:39
I guess you mean Holeshot Gareth :niceone: Colemans is in town.....

We could go up to Milford and then along Beach Road (which runs parallel to east coast bays road......) which is a bit twistier and has no speed cameras....

I hope your planning to go down old north road :niceone: so twisty and fun.....

Oh and Affman, Twilight Road is slippery as hell at the moment, so i think that is ruled out :(

What time are we all meeting up? and who's actually coming?????

shandawg
10th June 2004, 15:48
Don't know If I can make this one :argh: as I'm still in the middle of exams, but I'll see how I feel on Sunday morning.

Can't study all day every day now huh!

Just had an idea - if I stay off KB until Sunday I will have easily saved up the 4 or 5 hours required for the ride! :msn-wink:

R6_kid
10th June 2004, 16:07
yeh, just went in there and noticed my mistake
so guys we meet at HOLESHOT SUZUKI, BARRY's PT ROAD, TAKAPUNA. at 12 Noon, sunday.

Two Smoker
10th June 2004, 18:24
Hey Gareth..... Would you mind if the FAMOUS KK, came on the ride?? H sold his 250 so only has 400's :( but he never gets to come on KB things anymore, so i wondered if it would be sweet? He rides like a Nana and leaves his fast stuff for the track......

I think MR would love it if he came too :niceone: And the more the merrier........

Motoracer
10th June 2004, 18:41
Hey Gareth..... Would you mind if the FAMOUS KK, came on the ride?? H sold his 250 so only has 400's :( but he never gets to come on KB things anymore, so i wondered if it would be sweet? He rides like a Nana and leaves his fast stuff for the track......

I think MR would love it if he came too :niceone: And the more the merrier........

Yea man! KK is so dreamy :love2: (sorry WT, just borrowing your line if you don't mind)

Na, it would really cool to have the infamous I mean famous westie come along! :)

Two Smoker
10th June 2004, 18:47
Yea man! KK is so dreamy :love2: (sorry WT, just borrowing your line if you don't mind)

Na, it would really cool to have the infamous I mean famous westie come along! :)
LMAO, man you crack me up....... and theres a rumour he has a new bike :eek5: .......

Quasievil
10th June 2004, 18:48
I wanna come WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ride like a nana and I promise to atay at the back ????
please please ???? :spudwhat:

phase
10th June 2004, 20:32
If my 2 cents counts, the more the merrier. :2thumbsup

Motoracer
10th June 2004, 20:38
and theres a rumour he has a new bike :eek5: .......

Is that the same one that he brought to the go karting day or a diff one? Man, if it were chix insted of bikes we were talking about here, he'd be the biggest pimp around!

Two Smoker
10th June 2004, 21:35
Is that the same one that he brought to the go karting day or a diff one? Man, if it were chix insted of bikes we were talking about here, he'd be the biggest pimp around!
NUP it isnt the NC30 that he brought to Karting :shit: I wont find out what it is till sunday :(

Just come along Quasi i reakon, as i said and now others are saying, the more the merrier :niceone:

erik
10th June 2004, 21:35
Erik, you've got a good pace. Don't sweat it. We had fun last time didn't we? I don't see why this time will be any different.

Heck yeah, last time was fun. But if Two Smoker considers himself slow, where does that leave me? ;) Pretty much the only time I got to see his riding last time was when he overtook me, and then overtook Motu (on a corner, no less, iirc)!

Anyway, I'm not too stressed about how fast I ride, I'm still having fun :).

Two Smoker
10th June 2004, 21:39
Heck yeah, last time was fun. But if Two Smoker considers himself slow, where does that leave me? ;) Pretty much the only time I got to see his riding last time was when he overtook me, and then overtook Motu (on a corner, no less, iirc)!
Me overtaking people?????? not a chance lol......

R6_kid
10th June 2004, 21:52
you guys are on the money!!! more the merrier. A sorta class 400's as small bikes (waits for insults). But yeh, if you're there at 12 or just after if we know for sure you're coming then whoever shows up is welcome, im having a friend on his FXR come round to mine before we leave to do a sunday service, checking chains, bolts/nuts etc to make sure we're good to go, anyone else should be welcome to, just PM me if you want to come round before hand.
looking forward to it
cheers
g

MadDuck
11th June 2004, 21:03
Well since you sooooo keen to meet some KB girls Gareth - I will be there too. Having said that I am a bit of an ole duck :ride:

Oh although bike is a 650 it needs running in and I am still technically cripple so my physio tells me. MR might like to show us how to wheelie an SV ...yeah right !!!!

shandawg
11th June 2004, 22:05
Actually I'm pretty keen as long as my rooted motor stays cool. I'm going mad sitting around the house studying and haven't had a ride since last saturday (and that was a short one)

I do have one strange request though - If anyone has a spare pair of riding trousers I would really appreciate if I could borrow them for the ride, as otherwise I will be in jeans :mellow: I wouldn't mind washing them after and all (not that I'm a dirty bastard or anything).

I'm 6'1 and pretty skinny (32-34) waist 78kg.

SpankMe
11th June 2004, 22:22
Can me and my oversized bike come too :confused2

MadDuck
11th June 2004, 22:26
dunno SpankMe...Will you be able to keep up ? :eek:

R6_kid
12th June 2004, 08:15
sweetas all are welcome.
My current idea for the route as far as i am concerned is holeshot - milford- silverdale - helensville -muriwhai - kumeu - westgate - home. This will allow for those wishing to head south to jump on the western to go whereever they please. Im hoping the weather will be the same tomorrow, maybe a bit warmer though!!!

I got some old school army pants that are quite good for riding, im 6ft 3 and they are a wee bit short for me to wear as normal clothes but if you are wearing riding boots you should be fine - you want me to bring them anyway???

shandawg
12th June 2004, 08:29
Na, sweet, I was thinking more about the armour than anything, I have some cordura snowboard pants (!) That I can wear over top of my jeans for extra slide protection if worst comes to worst.

Thanks for the offer though gareth :)

erik
12th June 2004, 08:50
Can me and my oversized bike come too :confused2

Can you bring a couple of those stickers if you come, SpankMe?

Quasievil
12th June 2004, 09:18
Na, sweet, I was thinking more about the armour than anything, I have some cordura snowboard pants (!) That I can wear over top of my jeans for extra slide protection if worst comes to worst.

Thanks for the offer though gareth :)

Hi Shandawg, I have it soughted for you mate, I have Cordura with Armour you can use, I will have to wear my posy gay leathers which have knee sliders which to date havent got closer than 3 ft from the ground but look fucken good, but if you promise not to call me names it wont be a problem.
I will see you at Barrys Point road, I will be on the Ducati 250ss K :headbang:

Ghost Lemur
12th June 2004, 09:20
Sounds like there's going to be a damn good turnout. Hope the weather holds for you guys.

Don't forget to make sure someone takes a camera, so the rest of us can can live it vicariously.

And remember rubber side down.

Motoracer
12th June 2004, 09:52
Sorry TS, I didn't get the time to work on the TZR again!! :(

I guess I'll be bringing the GSXR this time.

Quasievil
12th June 2004, 09:54
Sorry TS, I didn't get the time to work on the TZR again!! :(

I guess I'll be bringing the GSXR this time.

Hey MR can I bring those pants of Vladis that I found on side of road ? ,can you get them to him?
Cheers

Shade
12th June 2004, 10:09
I'll be there, KK's making me, eeek. :p

Im a slow nana rider after my accident, so will be at the back, wooohooo.

See you then :P

R6_kid
12th June 2004, 10:23
just checking if everyone is sweet for my planned route. Its not like im going to try and stop you from breaking off and going your own way, but just making sure there are no violent objections!!! Looking forward to it, will be my first organised ride. My bike is a alright up to around 120/130kph but will struggle for anything over 140, just to old i guess, oh well, you guys on the big toys will have to restrain yourself!!! Im sure MR can find self control there somewhere :crazy:

Im keen on some stickers too Spankme, was it $4 a sheet?

Darryboy
12th June 2004, 11:08
If it's ok I might tag along til the end of beach road (I can't wait until the bikes run in, it pains me when 5000rpm in top gear is 60kph)

R6_kid
12th June 2004, 13:35
thats cool, from memory i think east coast road is 50km zone all the up to albany anyway, whereever you feel the new bike can handle.
For the GSX that sounds underpowered, my GF (the first of suzuki's four stroke four cylinder 250cc bikes) does 70km in 6th gear at about 5-6k.
The more the merrier!!!

Two Smoker
12th June 2004, 16:40
If it's ok I might tag along til the end of beach road (I can't wait until the bikes run in, it pains me when 5000rpm in top gear is 60kph)
How many kays you done on it?????

MR, i mite have to restrict you to the first 2 gears so i can keep up lol

Hey Quasi..... i thought knee sliders looked the business when they were worn?????

Gareth, im pretty sure that the speed limit on the eastcoast bays road is like 160....."cough" i mean 80.....

Dont worry shade, im a nana too on me slow 150....

R6_kid
12th June 2004, 17:30
i'm pretty sure it would be 300km/h if i had me a hayabusa but unfortuntely i dont :disapint:

Firefight
12th June 2004, 20:18
I'll be there, KK's making me, eeek. :p

Im a slow nana rider after my accident, so will be at the back, wooohooo.

See you then :P

Thats the way Shade, get back into it mate, :niceone: just build up slowly, at your own pace thats the main thing,, then you can wip KK :blink: arse.

firefight :wacko:

Darryboy
13th June 2004, 00:32
How many kays you done on it?????

Umm.. I'll go check... (goes off to garage)

735Km

Manual says after its first service at 1000K's I can rev to 8000Rpm.
Then after the odo reads 1600K's I can use full throttle up to 10,000Rpm (manual says 10,000Rpm but redline says 13,000)

I live in Milford so i've been riding the length of beach road and back quite a few times to bring up the milage.

erik
13th June 2004, 07:42
just checking if everyone is sweet for my planned route. Its not like im going to try and stop you from breaking off and going your own way, but just making sure there are no violent objections!!! Looking forward to it, will be my first organised ride. My bike is a alright up to around 120/130kph but will struggle for anything over 140, just to old i guess, oh well, you guys on the big toys will have to restrain yourself!!! Im sure MR can find self control there somewhere :crazy:

Im keen on some stickers too Spankme, was it $4 a sheet?

Yeah, the route sounds good to me. I'll probably head home either at Kumeu or Westgate, depending on whether I feel like taking Scenic drive home or not. I won't be going south as I should really start studying for exams sometime soon... :whistle:

My brother on his zzr250 might be coming too.

Motoracer
13th June 2004, 08:31
Somethings come up so I can't make the ride. Sorry guys :(

Two Smoker
13th June 2004, 08:32
OOOOOHHHH COME ON MR.......... WHAT THE HELL IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN WHIPPING MY ARSE ON A BIKE RIDE?????

Ghost Lemur
13th June 2004, 08:52
Somethings come up so I can't make the ride. Sorry guys :(

What's her name?

Darryboy
13th June 2004, 14:58
Just wanted to thank everyone for helping me out after my 'little scrape'

Got the bike back home on a trailer alright.

I'll post pics soon.

R6_kid
13th June 2004, 16:19
dont worry mate, you werent the only one, Shawn binned his ZXR250 into a ditch at 70kmh, bike is in a shed across the road from where he crashed and he went home in the ambulance. I got pics of it and i'll post them later once i get them loaded on the computer.

To the rest of us who managed to keep it rubberside down, thanks for a great first ride, looking forward to the next one, see you all the the KB BBQ.

:niceone:

erik
13th June 2004, 17:07
Aww man, another bin!? I hope he's not too bady hurt.
I wonder if maybe more of an effort should be made to organise who rides with who on future rides? I mean, maybe it would be a good idea to group riders with similar skill levels together, or to break the whole group into 2 or 3 smaller groups so that people are riding in a group where they hopefully won't be pushed outside their skill level? Like when Darryboy binned, he was just ahead of me, and it was one of the few times when I was towards the front of the group, following some of the faster riders who were having fun around the corners. Just before it happened I thought that this probably wasn't the best place for a learner to be, behind some people that were going a bit quick. That round about was hard to see, the corner went downhill and to the left, there was a Give Way sign that I saw and started slowing down, and then I saw Darryboy's rear tyre lock up and slide out to the right, and then I guess it got grip again because the bike tipped over onto the right side as well. Ouch. It wasn't fun to watch.

I hope it doesn't cost too much to get it sorted. I didn't have too close a look at it, but the handlebar shouldn't be too expensive since it's just a hollow steel tube. I'd guess that it's probably made to collapse and bend like that to keep your forks from getting twisted.

After we gassed up in Silverdale (I'm guessing that's where it was?) I kinda got a bit left behind and lost. I pulled out of the gas station after the main group, and saw them all turn right into that side street down the hill. So I turned right too, but when I got to the intersection at the end of it, I wasn't sure which way everyone had gone, so I turned right, but it took me back to the road with the service station. I think Andrew and Motoracer left the gas station even after I did, and I saw them coming up the hill towards the road I'd just pulled out of. Anyway, they turned down that road, so I had to do a U-turn and get back on it. But by then I guess I was just too far behind to catch up, even though I tried. Ah well...
I made it to Muriwai in the end, and then on the way home turned off at Kumeu and took Scenic drive back to Titirangi.

P.S. Have any of you lost an indicator? I found this one on the road just before a sharp corner that turns onto a bridge that goes over the motorway. This was after I was left behind, so I'm not really sure if I was going the same way that you guys had gone or not...

Quasievil
13th June 2004, 17:46
:calm: Nah Shawn is okay, I think he popped his AC joint , but Xrays are proberly being done on it.
I was following him and saw the whole thing ,I almost followed him in ,had to wake up and concentrate on where I WAS GOING,It is quite side tracking watching someone binn it infront of you.
One thing is for sure he is a lucky fella cause the way he went in it could have been alot worse.
The corner he binned on got tighter as you went through it, from where I was it looked like he wasnt quite ready for it and had a "FUCK ME " moment. the bike went into the gravel and the rest is history.
Lucky I lent him my armoured pants though ( fuck hope they are okay) :msn-wink:
Im sure we will hear more later on.

Darryboy
13th June 2004, 17:53
Yeah, I feel more foolish than anything. :weep:

That round about seemed to come out of nowhere
I really feel lucky that I didn't end up in a worse state or land infront of or hit a car (or one of you guys).

The ride was fun while it lasted and I can't wait til next time (once the bike's fixed and I get a few more miles under my belt)

Thanks again for the help guys.

I hope Shawn's alright.

MikeL
13th June 2004, 18:19
I kinda got a bit left behind and lost...

Yeah we noticed you had gone missing before the second bin and of course we started speculating which ditch you were lying in.
After all, bad things come in threes...
Glad you had a pleasant ride even if it wasn't quite the route you were expecting!

Darryboy
13th June 2004, 18:21
Ok here's my first go at posting pics. Hope it works.

Shot 2 shows the right bar which before it was unscrewed and twisted into the current position was bent into the fairing making a right turn impossible.

In the third shot the scrape on the tip of the exhaust makes me wonder what the hell my bike did after I left it.

EDIT: Just resized the photo's

Two Smoker
13th June 2004, 18:33
Awesome Eric that was MR's indicator lol, it blew off in the "wind"

Firefight
13th June 2004, 18:38
Awesome Eric that was MR's indicator lol, it blew off in the "wind"

Yeah , a bit like his dammed knee sliders !!

F/F :wacko:

Two Smoker
13th June 2004, 18:40
Yeah , a bit like his dammed knee sliders !!

F/F :wacko:LOL i heard about tht one :wacko:

Yamahamaman
13th June 2004, 18:41
Yeah we noticed you had gone missing before the second bin and of course we started speculating which ditch you were lying in.
After all, bad things come in threes...
Glad you had a pleasant ride even if it wasn't quite the route you were expecting!
How come you have time to go riding when you have all those letters to compose. :msn-wink:

Motoracer
13th June 2004, 18:43
Thanx for the ride guys. Although a bit too short for my liking, I had fun while it lasted (the twisties).

Well done Andrew and Two smoker who showed some brilliant riding! I had a good time just watching these guys batteling it out.

That was my indicator btw erik!! I was wondering where it decided to wonder off to!

Two Smoker
13th June 2004, 18:45
LOL with me it is slow riding...... your the brilliant rider, its great to watch just you ride... for the few corners i see you LOL....

Ms Piggy
13th June 2004, 18:46
Sorry to hear about the bins but I glad no-one was seriously hurt! :wacko:

All ya can do is learn from your mistakes...speaking from expereince here! :whistle:

Firefight
13th June 2004, 18:48
LOL ...... your the brilliant rider, its great to watch just you ride... for the few corners i see you LOL....

you got a point Chris, however, if you can see him, your not doing to bad yourself :innocent:

Firefight :wacko:

Two Smoker
13th June 2004, 19:46
you got a point Chris, however, if you can see him, your not doing to bad yourself :innocent:

Firefight :wacko:LOL i would like too think so.... I need a bigger bike though :( if only i had the licence :(

OK, round up for today, very short ride, good turn out, enjoyed the twisties.....

Darry crashed, hope your ok mate, and you learned something :niceone: same too you shawndog (how did that goodlooking ambo driver go hehehe)

Motorcycle cop was cool, and we had a good yarn too him :niceone:

SpankMe, MR and Andrew were the fast guys of the day.....

MadDucks SV650 is damn nice, as is Duckman's TLR, and Quasi's Ducati and SpankMe's SV1000S ......

Great too meet everyone, and i hope i didnt hold anyone up :no:

Cant wait for the next :niceone:

shandawg
13th June 2004, 20:15
Er, sorry guys, it's Shannon not Shawn :P

Thanks a lot for the ride, had a great time even if I did bin it!

Gareth and SpankMe both witnessed me jinx myself at the BP at Silverdale :)

A short lapse of concentration and all of a sudden you're in a ditch covered in mud. The corner tightened much more than I had anticipated, with a bit more experience I may have got it round.

Couldn't have wished for better weather or a better bunch of guys (and gal) to ride with, see you once my arm (and bike) gets better.

No broken bones luckily, but evidence of dislocation, and a torn ligament which holds some bone to some other bone, so six weeks in a sling for me. :argh:

The bike, on the other hand, is perhaps not in such good shape, but hopefully a bit of spannering will get her back on the road without too much $$, as long as the forks are still straight.

Thanks again to all of you who helped, including the guy in the car who stopped and helped pull the zxr out of the ditch - whoever you are, and the people who let the guys store the bike in their shed.

Oh and Quasievil, thanks so much for the lend of the pants, they are fine (but covered in mud), as I never touched gravel. If you PM me your address, I'll have them professionally cleaned and courier them down to you.

MadDuck
13th June 2004, 20:17
Well very interesting day thats for sure. Saw Darry's accident :( which kinda made me go slower than usual...yeah I know - cant go much slower than walking pace ...lol

I didnt notice the blonde ambo driver come to Shandawgs rescue but the bloke ambo officer werent too bad I am guessing you guys wouldnt have noticed :shifty:

Laugh of the day ... how damn cheeky does a young fella get other than asking to sit on cops bike for a photo.

Short ride but better than mowing the lawns. Next "slow" ride count me in
MD

Firefight
13th June 2004, 20:42
Er, sorry guys, it's Shannon not Shawn :P

Thanks a lot for the ride, had a great time even if I did bin it!

Gareth and SpankMe both witnessed me jinx myself at the BP at Silverdale :)

A short lapse of concentration and all of a sudden you're in a ditch covered in mud. The corner tightened much more than I had anticipated, with a bit more experience I may have got it round...

No broken bones luckily, but evidence of dislocation, and a torn ligament which holds some bone to some other bone, so six weeks in a sling for me. :argh:

Glad thats all mate, good attitude, most of us have had a bit of a bin, just learn from it and get back into it as soon as you can.

F/F

R6_kid
13th June 2004, 20:45
hey hey!!! i knew i wouldnt be the only one to notice that blondie!!! And the nurses/st johns uniform made it so much better! Im sure she woulda made shannons day just a wee bit better :eek:
Gotta give it up to the cops :Police:
Specially our friend on the bike who came up from glenfield/wairau at 180kmh just to see what had happened!
Maybe we should all become police :killingme

Devil
14th June 2004, 08:08
Ok here's my first go at posting pics. Hope it works.

Shot 2 shows the right bar which before it was unscrewed and twisted into the current position was bent into the fairing making a right turn impossible.

In the third shot the scrape on the tip of the exhaust makes me wonder what the hell my bike did after I left it.

EDIT: Just resized the photo's
Hey dude, where did you do that? What happened?

When i get around to getting rid of the L plate ill come on a ride hehe.

KATWYN
14th June 2004, 09:55
Who binned it on state Highway 16 yesterday between 10.00 am
and 1.00pm ? We were coming back from the lookout and saw a
whole lotta bikes parked on the side of the road. With what
looked like a bike being pushed back up onto the road by
two or three people.

As I slow down, a guy did the thumbs up to say "its ok"

was that any of these binnings spoken about?

Aucker
14th June 2004, 10:00
Just wanted to thank everyone for helping me out after my 'little scrape'

Got the bike back home on a trailer alright.

I'll post pics soon.
bummer dude! feel for ya. :disapint:

Aucker
14th June 2004, 10:03
looked like a few turned up...i thought it was 250's only?? O well, a ride is a ride :msn-wink:

Andrew
14th June 2004, 11:26
Desipite the number of bins in such a small ride it was still a good day. A good opportunity to meet new faces. :niceone:

Andrew
14th June 2004, 11:28
Photos continued. Do you like the mags the HP cars get?

Motoracer
14th June 2004, 11:34
:Oi: You forgot to post the coolest pic of them all!!

Motoracer
14th June 2004, 12:06
:Oi: You forgot to post the coolest pic of them all!!

Go to this thread: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=3433

shandawg
14th June 2004, 12:11
Damn! Looks like I missed out on a nice lunch!

Nice pics Andrew, did you get any of my smashed up bike?

merv
14th June 2004, 12:12
So the cop has his book out - did he ticket anyone or just note the details of the crash?

Quasievil
14th June 2004, 12:50
So the cop has his book out - did he ticket anyone or just note the details of the crash?

He was speaking to me, the good looking bald Guy, as I was the only witness I told him what happened and he took my details, he did say that he wasnt going to do anything about it which is good.
He rode a Trumpet daytona so he knew the score.He figured bruised ego and a smashed bike was justice enough, he was bloody good actually. Infact the HP get a Bouquet on that one :first: (did I say that?) :shit:

vifferman
14th June 2004, 12:54
He was speaking to me, the good looking bald Guy, as I was the only witness I told him what happened and he took my details, he did say that he wasnt going to do anything about it which is good.
He rode a Trumpet daytona so he knew the score.He figured bruised ego and a smashed bike was justice enough, he was bloody good actually. Infact the HP get a Bouquet on that one :first: (did I say that?) :shit:
So let me get this straight: He took down your details, told you that you were good-looking for a bald guy, you gave him some flowers, and .... :love2: ?

merv
14th June 2004, 12:59
You're not South African as well QE?

Quasievil
14th June 2004, 14:27
So let me get this straight: He took down your details, told you that you were good-looking for a bald guy, you gave him some flowers, and .... :love2: ?

I respond as follows
:moon: :moon:

vifferman
14th June 2004, 14:30
...so you bent over, and dropped your trousers? TWICE?!?

Quasievil
14th June 2004, 14:38
...so you bent over, and dropped your trousers? TWICE?!?

If you have Homosexual fantasy tendancies , its ok by me but its not something Im into so perhaps a chatroom entitled "gay boys annonymous" might be better for your yernings ? :niceone:

vifferman
14th June 2004, 15:05
Well Mr Quasi, you've outclassed me in the "smart comeback" department, and I don't want to descend into total degeneracy and name-calling, so I give up. You win. :not:

BTW - just so you know, it's "tendencies" (and No, I don't have any of the kind described - I'm very happily married and a father of three).
To continue the spelling lesson, it's "anonymous", and "yearnings". And the only yearnings I currently have are to get out of Cubicle Hell and to ride back home on the FahrtSturm, before the geeks around here drive me nuts.
Well, more nuts than I am already.

Quasievil
14th June 2004, 15:39
Well Mr Quasi, you've outclassed me in the "smart comeback" department, and I don't want to descend into total degeneracy and name-calling, so I give up. You win. :not:

BTW - just so you know, it's "tendencies" (and No, I don't have any of the kind described - I'm very happily married and a father of three).
To continue the spelling lesson, it's "anonymous", and "yearnings". And the only yearnings I currently have are to get out of Cubicle Hell and to ride back home on the FahrtSturm, before the geeks around here drive me nuts.
Well, more nuts than I am already.

I greatly appreciate the spelling lesson, it never was my strong point. Being stuck in an office all day today has limited my ability to concentrate on those things most would class as kinda petty, But your input is none the less gratefully accepted, and I aplaud you on your caring nature so I can learn from my mistakes, It warms my heart thank you.
I to am happily married and a father of two,so any offers you have unfortunetly wont be rewarded.

Okay enough !!! :msn-wink:
See ya un a ryde sumtyme whun hupfilly thu wedar is guder thun it us tudey :killingme

Gummybear
14th June 2004, 18:13
Who binned it on state Highway 16 yesterday between 10.00 am
two or three people.

was that any of these binnings spoken about?

No it wasn't.

B/f, myself and friend were out for a ride. B/f and I got to the lookout and waited for friend. 10 mins later he arrives to tell us the tale of woe. Whatever corner it was, he couldn't remember, he decided to cut it straight and ran out of road to corner so he dropped it down to save highsiding.:Oops: No damage to him and only minor damage to bike. Admited only himself to blame. After minor surgery to bike we carried on our way. We had great day and ride despite his little incident!

Was going to come on run but decided to try pillion on the ZX12R. What a beautiful bike ......Thought I'd never get on the back but I did and I will again.

Seems it was the perfect day for binning...... NOT. Trust no-one is suffering to much. Take care injured ones

Al
14th June 2004, 18:18
Or, another response could be:

Your problem has touched my heart
Never before have I met anyone with as many problems as you have
Please accept this message as an expression of my sincere sympathy
Now F*CK OFF and stop bothering me!

KATWYN
14th June 2004, 18:25
Quote:Katwyn

[ Who binned it on state Highway 16 yesterday between 10.00 am
two or three people.

was that any of these binnings spoken about? ] Quote

No it wasn't.

B/f, myself and friend were out for a ride. B/f and I got to the lookout and waited for friend. 10 mins later he arrives to tell us the tale of woe. Whatever corner it was, he couldn't remember, he decided to cut it straight and ran out of road to corner so he dropped it down to save highsiding.:Oops: No damage to him and only minor damage to bike. Admited only himself to blame. After minor surgery to bike we carried on our way. We had great day and ride despite his little incident!

Was going to come on run but decided to try pillion on the ZX12R. What a beautiful bike ......Thought I'd never get on the back but I did and I will again.

Seems it was the perfect day for binning...... NOT. Trust no-one is suffering to much. Take care injured ones

:laugh: I know, isn't that an understatement. Its a matter of who didn't this weekend. Even my husband came up to those twisties (just before the
winding road up to the lookout) and his rear tyre slid out on him (road was still damp from over shadowing trees) he went sideways.

It mustve given him a fright cos when I got to the lookout, that was the 1st thing he told me!

Gummybear
14th June 2004, 19:00
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Not really funny situations but you gotta laugh in hindsight, makes you wonder what was in the air yesterday! Must of seen you guys and not known it. Glad Hubby survived to practice his french:mad:

By the way: How do you put Quotes in posts?

Quasievil
14th June 2004, 19:10
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Not really funny situations but you gotta laugh in hindsight, makes you wonder what was in the air yesterday! Must of seen you guys and not known it. Glad Hubby survived to practice his french:mad:

Push "quotes" ??

KATWYN
14th June 2004, 19:11
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Not really funny situations
Yea not funny situations. My funny face thingy was directed at your
comment - "seems it was the perfect day for binning.....NOT" :laugh:
(not at people that had binned! gosh I had better make that clear for
anyone reading it!)

To quote people threads, just click on the quote icon on bottom right of a thread and make sure whatever you choose to focus on in the persons thread has the word "
" at the start and at the finish.

You can do multiple quotes but I haven't quite got the knack of that yet.

Gummybear
14th June 2004, 19:20
Thanks guys, got that.

SPman
14th June 2004, 20:24
Thanks guys, got that. And if you want the quotees name, put ... [quote=name]

shandawg
1st July 2004, 23:26
Finally got some pics of the damaged bike:

That's 3 grand's worth of plastic damage! :shit:

Antallica
18th July 2004, 22:36
Dang!

Still, at least you got it back finally.