PDA

View Full Version : 250cc stunters

texmo
15th July 2006, 15:27
Found this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7yXAhzvjx4)video today of some auzzie guys learning to wheelie on their 250's fucking good stuff.

MattRSK
15th July 2006, 15:56
wow is that sunshine? :gob:

FzerozeroT
16th July 2006, 09:34
thats pretty impressive, was that a VTR250?

Sketchy_Racer
16th July 2006, 10:11
MAD!!

It looks like a CB250 or the likes

texmo
17th July 2006, 00:26
Bang on the money its pure on a vtr 250 and ando on a cb250

MattRSK
17th July 2006, 17:29
This is not exactly a stunt video. But its my favourite 250cc movie. Good old CBR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T_fm_gTec8&search=honda%20cbr%20250

texmo
17th July 2006, 17:47
I give that movie a 5/10. The wheelies were good, the music was like something indy would listen too and well the stoppie was jsut plain shit. As for the knee down action, getting your knee down is one of the easyest things to do on a bike.

MattRSK
17th July 2006, 17:54
Hehe yeah but that is a Honda CBR 250 there. Same as mine. Love it. I know its not that spectaculor. Its like seeing yourself on tv or something. :rockon:

R6_kid
17th July 2006, 20:32
mean. looks like they listened in physics, get your weight as far back as possible and lifting the front becomes a lot easier... pity i dont have the balls to do that yet.

vtec
31st July 2006, 08:50
Pffft, wheelies are so '90's :P

I've been practicing powersliding my CBR250 in a carpark at Lloyd Elsmore. Big McJim was there, don't know if he saw me do any slides, but I did quite a few. Would love to catch some on video. But no doubt as soon as you got the camera out I'd drop it. I've yet to drop that particular CBR250, and it's really my dads, so it would be a painful experience dropping it.

Note: I'm not practicing powerslides on gpr70's, I've got an average tyre on the back... If you're interested I'll let you know what it is.

Also I've found that when I'm changing my lean from one side to the other with wide open throttle in first gear, the front wheel often lifts up just on power. It's because when you straighten the bike up real fast from a lean, it throws a whole lot of mass straight up. Also, when launching during my races, I'm nearly always doing a little wheelie, nothing near keeping it balanced or anything. Another point, on a 250, cresting wheelies are the easiest. I used to work at Datacom Repair Centre in town, and the entry to their carpark has this very nicely curved dip and then sharp curved rise, and on the power the bike would just maintain the rise angle going onto the flat ground, although it would lose traction in the wet due to the bike getting light at the top of the rise.

Zed
31st July 2006, 09:02
...As for the knee down action, getting your knee down is one of the easyest things to do on a bike.Yeah and your elbow, shoulder, helmet, back, etc, etc...:pinch: but I heard you were 'da man' for a while out there on the track Tex, well done!

texmo
31st July 2006, 11:31
Yeah and your elbow, shoulder, helmet, back, etc, etc...:pinch: but I heard you were 'da man' for a while out there on the track Tex, well done!
Nah was my arse then elbow. It was all going well untill I though I would try and push it, at least now I know how fast I can go through dunlop. My bike is pretty rough at the moe but will be up and running soon I hope.

Jonny Rotten
1st August 2006, 19:38
my vtr wont do that it gets up but wont stay up.... how can i get it to stay up...???? big man sprocket or more weight to the back????

texmo
1st August 2006, 19:55
You need to get the front wheel higher off the ground I spoke to Pure the guy on the vtr250 and he said it took him 2-3 months of pratice a few times a week for a couple of hours to get where he is there.

Jonny Rotten
2nd August 2006, 16:50
ill have to head out to an emty car park then and get practicing.......i also have to give it heaps in first and drop the clutch to get it to come up......this cant be good for the bike can it?
is there another tecnique i can use to get the front up?

kickingzebra
2nd August 2006, 16:55
get three mates to hold it up and run along until you feather the clutch, then let go...

Na, clutch plates are cheap.

Mental Trousers
2nd August 2006, 17:56
Feel like putting a crash cage on the Zebra jonno??

kickingzebra
3rd August 2006, 10:41
Yup, if I can ever figure out how to put it back together... Might put on on my helmet too...

Indiana_Jones
22nd February 2007, 09:55
lol that CBR250 video to Danger Zone is awesome

-Indy