PDA

View Full Version : 15/07 steering damper help needed!!!

aff-man
15th July 2006, 18:04
ok seeing as My brakes are pretty shot still I thought i'd try and fit my old zxr400 steering damper to the 600..

Well I got it on there and but because of the length of the slider bit it doesn't reach full lock on either side. I've set it to travel as far as it can equallt in both directs.

My question is do I need it to be on full lock / are they not normally on full lock. REally hoping someone with an SRAD knows whats what but yeh just want to know or should I take it off before I go riding tomorrow or what.

Will take it for a wee blast around the block but any input would be much appreciated

98tls
15th July 2006, 18:30
wouldnt bet my life on it but would say it needs to be to work its best.

aff-man
15th July 2006, 19:46
wouldnt bet my life on it but would say it needs to be to work its best.

took it for a blast around the local streets and she seemed to be just as responsive.. I'll bring tools along but see how she goes tomorrow. Probably will be ok though.

sAsLEX
15th July 2006, 19:50
ok seeing as My brakes are pretty shot still I thought i'd try and fit my old zxr400 steering damper to the 600..

Might want to change your light bulbs as well, that might help.....

DEATH_INC.
16th July 2006, 07:59
She'll be right mate!
Mine doesn't reach full lock both ways either, as long as yer not worried about locking the steering (you can fix that too) it'll be fine. Ask anyone with a 900SS how much lock they have......