PDA

View Full Version : Touring the South Island

crazybigal
15th July 2006, 18:41
I will be heading round the south island in early feb.
A friend is getting married in the Catlins (bottom of the south for those who dont know) So i decided to ride down from Wellington with my brother and my Mrs is going to fly.
Id be keen for any advise anyone could give me on were to go and were not to go form past experience.
I lived in Queenstown for 10 years so i know the deep south and the west coast fairly well but wanted to explore some other places, I have never been over the lewis pass or the Arthurs pass.
So if you have any good ideas or comments, bring it on!!
check out my map http://www.apdnz.co.nz/biketrip.html
I just tacked the page on the back of my website.:rockon: :scooter:

98tls
15th July 2006, 18:51
Go from picton over to nelson then down to murchison,then head over to westport/greymouth and carry on to fox/haast....on the way back i would go up to timaru turn off go up through rakaia gorge then turn off and go over the Arthurs pass etc.

crazybigal
15th July 2006, 18:58
did you look at my map?

Go from picton over to nelson then down to murchison,then head over to westport/greymouth and carry on to fox/haast....on the way back i would go up to timaru turn off go up through rakaia gorge then turn off and go over the Arthurs pass etc.

98tls
15th July 2006, 19:08
did you look at my map? :innocent: no sorry mate i didnt,but have now.....yyou have it pretty much covered i reckon,sounds like a great trip....enjoy.

crazybigal
15th July 2006, 19:09
thanks mate

limbimtimwim
15th July 2006, 19:11
I lived in Queenstown for 10 years so i know the deep south and the west coast fairly well but wanted to explore some other places, I have never been over the lewis pass or the Arthurs pass.On a fine day, Arthur's pass is the ultimate bike road. You could cruise and take in the scenery or attack it. Doing either will make you smile from ear to ear.
So if you have any good ideas or comments, bring it on!!Great plan man. Great plan. The road to Milford Sound is great, worth the effort. There is EFTPOS petrol at Milford if you need it. The road to Karamea has some really twisty bits and worth it too.

Looks like a good plan, I should be doing the same thing about the same time. Maybe see there :)

Here, have some pictures of my last run in Jan. http://www.apathy.net.nz/si-2006/

Maha
15th July 2006, 19:31
You are very lucky to be doing that trip, and at that time of the year, we were down that way late last year and i said to Anne, it would be great to get down here on the bike, stoped at Kurow, a 3-4 shop settlement inland from Oamaru, the lady at the shop was born in Warkworth. Not exactly 3News material, but ya know what i mean.... small world, great country

scumdog
15th July 2006, 19:56
Since you're heading to the Catlins you'll have to pay the toll as you past my town!!

Drop in - and btw the Catlins Scenic Route is a GREAT ride.

oldrider
15th July 2006, 20:08
You go past my place on your trip North, keep in touch, feel welcome to call in.
Food, bed, rescue, whatever. :ride: Cheers John.
PS: Where in the Catlins is your target destination?

oldrider
15th July 2006, 20:13
You are very lucky to be doing that trip, and at that time of the year, we were down that way late last year and i said to Anne, it would be great to get down here on the bike, stoped at Kurow, a 3-4 shop settlement inland from Oamaru, the lady at the shop was born in Warkworth. Not exactly 3News material, but ya know what i mean.... small world, great country
You kept that very quiet, or did I speak to you and your wife in Oamaru outside Mitre 10? Cheers John.

Maha
15th July 2006, 20:18
You kept that very quiet, or did I speak to you and your wife in Oamaru outside Mitre 10? Cheers John.
Wasnt us John, didnt go to Mitre 10, we were down there early june also, my daughter goes to Waitaki Girls and they their 'formal' dance, so we went down to see her look like the pretty girl she can.....:yes:
We really like that part of NZ.....

crazybigal
15th July 2006, 21:16
is Karamea sealed all the way? i hate unsealed roads on the rf

On a fine day, Arthur's pass is the ultimate bike road. You could cruise and take in the scenery or attack it. Doing either will make you smile from ear to ear.Great plan man. Great plan. The road to Milford Sound is great, worth the effort. There is EFTPOS petrol at Milford if you need it. The road to Karamea has some really twisty bits and worth it too.

Looks like a good plan, I should be doing the same thing about the same time. Maybe see there :)

Here, have some pictures of my last run in Jan. http://www.apathy.net.nz/si-2006/

98tls
15th July 2006, 21:18
is Karamea sealed all the way? i hate unsealed roads on the rf yes it is.:yes:

crazybigal
15th July 2006, 21:20
Tautuku, wedding is at a lodge on the beach
ill be staying in qtn as i have family and all my mates still living there, few die hared biker boys down there.

You go past my place on your trip North, keep in touch, feel welcome to call in.

crazybigal
15th July 2006, 21:24
great set of photos!

Here, have some pictures of my last run in Jan. http://www.apathy.net.nz/si-2006/[/QUOTE]

oldrider
15th July 2006, 21:32
Wasnt us John, didnt go to Mitre 10, we were down there early june also, my daughter goes to Waitaki Girls and they their 'formal' dance, so we went down to see her look like the pretty girl she can.....:yes:
We really like that part of NZ.....
I remember now it was a couple from "Nelson" and their son is a teacher at Wataki boys.
Next time you are down feel free to drop by if you like.
There are more ways than one in and out of Oamaru, some of them are good rides. Check them out. :blip: Cheers John.

crazybigal
15th July 2006, 21:54
look out for these lads! they ride around otago every chance they get!
ive attached a photo, dont know if it worked!

Maha
15th July 2006, 22:16
Thats a fantastic photo crazybigal, i mentioned in an earlier post that Kurow was 3-4 shop settlement opps forgot the pub, sorry Kurow :Oops:

quickbuck
16th July 2006, 18:27
Great route through the Main Land there. It covers most of the good bits. When I go down there I have to swing by Ashburton, so there is plenty of boring straights i have to travel on.

Good to see you included the best part of SH1 in the country.

I love that bit between Culverden and Kaikora too.

crazybigal
16th July 2006, 19:41
yeah i love the west coast and over the hast! thats got to be a good one, hast to wanaka. and i have to do both aurthers and lewis pass. I am going to hamner springs for sure, after all that on a bike i know my tired ass will thank me for that. ive never done qtn to milford, shocking since i lived in qtn for 10 years!. and the catlins should be good.
East coast a bit crap id say, moraki boulders is worth a look though.
I used to drive qtn-chch a few times a yeah so i know that real well, up the middle to tekapo and over to timaru.
so i guess im lookin for advise on those little tucked away places no one goes to that are real scenic gems!.

Great route through the Main Land there. It covers most of the good bits. When I go down there I have to swing by Ashburton, so there is plenty of boring straights i have to travel on.

Good to see you included the best part of SH1 in the country.

I love that bit between Culverden and Kaikora too.

oldrider
16th July 2006, 21:36
look out for these lads! they ride around otago every chance they get!
ive attached a photo, dont know if it worked!
Good pic. How long has the owner had that blue ST1300?
I was looking at one in Dunedin but they acted so wishy washy about selling it I told them to shove it.
Mrs O was even almost insistent that I should buy it too! Sheesh, never let a chance go by they say. Must have been an omen involved.
Sorry I have begun to hi-jack your thread. :blip: John.

Ruralman
16th July 2006, 22:19
Good to see another Transalper on line. I haven't looked at your map but I would recommend the inland route from Kaikoura to Waiau, if you end up coming down the East Coast or going back up that way. It turns off just a few kms South of Kaikoura and has heaps and heaps of corners - went through there last DEc in the car with family but filed it away to do again on a trip on the bike.
Sounds like you'll be pleased the road through the catlins is all sealed now. Lots of good trips down here but these days the best adventures are when you have a bike that can cope with the gravel roads as well!!

crazybigal
17th July 2006, 18:23
i think 8 months or so from mem, used to have a transalp, the wife has the f650.
they are a real honda family, his sone has the blue vtr in the photo and his other son has a blackbird.

Good pic. How long has the owner had that blue ST1300?
I was looking at one in Dunedin but they acted so wishy washy about selling it I told them to shove it.
Mrs O was even almost insistent that I should buy it too! Sheesh, never let a chance go by they say. Must have been an omen involved.
Sorry I have begun to hi-jack your thread. :blip: John.

XP@
18th July 2006, 09:07
Transalp owners seem to be gathering here so time to join the club.

But the reason for my post is that you are missing one of the best roads in the country: the Crown Range It has, unfortunatly, been fully sealed for a few years now. But dispite this unfortunate happening, it is still well worth the ride.

crazybigal
18th July 2006, 11:03
mate i know the crown range like the back of my hand! i lived down there.
It was a bitch to seal! my best mate was involved in it!
Im glad they sealed it, so many times i got stuck behind a bus or a truck in the dust!.

Transalp owners seem to be gathering here so time to join the club.

But the reason for my post is that you are missing one of the best roads in the country: the Crown Range It has, unfortunatly, been fully sealed for a few years now. But dispite this unfortunate happening, it is still well worth the ride.

XP@
18th July 2006, 11:34
mate i know the crown range like the back of my hand! i lived down there.
It was a bitch to seal! my best mate was involved in it!
Im glad they sealed it, so many times i got stuck behind a bus or a truck in the dust!.
So you are avoiding it then, fair n'uf.

crazybigal
18th July 2006, 15:53
prob will but it will be a qtn0wanaka day trip, id sat going up the zig zag will be more fun than going down it, come back via cromwell through the gorge, now thats a good ride in the summer!

So you are avoiding it then, fair n'uf.

Ruralman
4th August 2006, 20:39
actually looking at the title, good trips, conjours up memories of something else.
Anyway a great ride is from Dunedin, to Mosgiel then to Middlemarch and better is you do it via the road that turns off at the Taieri river just before Outram (I think its called george King Memorial Drive or something similar) - all sealed, just stay on it and it comes out again on the main road to Middlemarch. About 20 km th eother side of Middlemarch turn off onto the road to Mcraes and ride right through to Dunback (good pub for a stop). Then out to Highway1 at Palmerston heading back to Dunedin. Turn off to the Coast about 5km South from Waikouaiti towards Karitane and the old main road along the coast - great views and really windy. Comes back onto the SH1 at Evansdale, turn off it again about 5km further (left) at Waitati and take the old main road to Dunedin.
Of course if you had a Transalp we could add some other interesting backroads!!
happ y to act as guide

terbang
6th August 2006, 18:43
Seems a good time of the year to head south. At least a couple of us are heading out of AKL on the 19th to tour the SI. If our dates coincide or overlap then it would be really good to have a bit of a KBer get together or something while we are all in the south Island together.
Here are our datesBlairos SI adventure. (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=31974)

WarlockNZ
6th August 2006, 19:39
I'm thinking about doing the same run at about the same time ... put out a ride notice and see how many guys/girls you can get interested .. now that would be cool .. big ass bunch of KB's hitting the South Island .. sweet!!

Ruralman
7th August 2006, 14:08
I'm thinking about doing the same run at about the same time ... put out a ride notice and see how many guys/girls you can get interested .. now that would be cool .. big ass bunch of KB's hitting the South Island .. sweet!!

Good idea but better to start a new thread under the events section, I think it'll get seen better there than here.

terbang
7th August 2006, 22:23
So what dates you lot talking about? Blairos and I are heading outta town on the 19th of Feb and plan on getting north of the bombays again around the beginning of March.

WarlockNZ
7th August 2006, 22:31
What events are going on around the country over the start of the year ... if we could tie it all together .. that would be awesome ... i'll start up a post in the events forum ...

crazybigal
8th August 2006, 17:04
yeah that would be sweet to get a group going! i think we will be leaving late jan as i have to be down south by the 3rd of feb so prob back up to wellington after that

NighthawkNZ
22nd September 2006, 20:54
Well since your not coming to Dunedin then I can't invite you for a coffee... :baby: :whistle: :cool: :jerry:

idb
22nd September 2006, 23:28
Let me know if you're coming to the Glenorchy and/or Vincent rallies...or just passing through.
Some beds, plenty of floor, lawn & showers here.

crazybigal
22nd September 2006, 23:55
we may do, see how it pans out!

Well since your not coming to Dunedin then I can't invite you for a coffee... :baby: :whistle: :cool: :jerry:

crazybigal
22nd September 2006, 23:57
will do!
got freinds still in qtn and my mother inlaw!

Let me know if you're coming to the Glenorchy and/or Vincent rallies...or just passing through.
Some beds, plenty of floor, lawn & showers here.

scumdog
23rd September 2006, 00:02
Tautuku, wedding is at a lodge on the beach
ill be staying in qtn as i have family and all my mates still living there, few die hared biker boys down there.

Only knobs and fags live in Q'town these days...

But if you get to Balclutha or Kaitangata give us a PM and we'll sort you out eh!i

idb
23rd September 2006, 00:05
will do!
got freinds still in qtn and my mother inlaw!
I'm sure she's lovely...bring her too.

idb
23rd September 2006, 00:07
Only knobs and fags live in Q'town these days...

I agree.
Queenstown....poofters!!!

scumdog
23rd September 2006, 00:09
I agree.

And they're only a $80 taxi ride away too!!

idb
23rd September 2006, 00:11
And they're only a $80 taxi ride away too!!

You've taken that ride too?

scumdog
23rd September 2006, 00:16
You've taken that ride too?

No, I was the taxi driver, remember?
The one with red'n'blue lights on the roof.

idb
23rd September 2006, 00:20
No, I was the taxi driver, remember?
The one with red'n'blue lights on the roof.

God, I thought that was just a fantasy...I've actually written to Penthouse Forum about it!!!

crazybigal
23rd September 2006, 16:17
haha have not seen what arrowtown has turned into in the last few years!!!

I agree.

NighthawkNZ
23rd September 2006, 21:03
we may do, see how it pans out!

well if you do... let me know??? :cool: :beer: :2thumbsup

Alice
28th September 2006, 13:03
A good detour if it is not to much of a devation from your planned route, is to go across to Motuaka from Nelson and over the Takaka hill, a nice long twisty piece of road.There are some caves up the top, a tourist thing, but well worth a look, very impressive stalignites.Takaka hill has got to be one of the longest steepist twistiest roads in the country.I have only done it on a road bike so far, the pedalling variety, and thats a buzz.I am on hunt for a motorised version, which I must say with some excitment, may be next week all going well so perhaps soon I will have the pleasure of a South Island ride to.

Michaelt
28th September 2006, 21:27
I'll probably be hiring a plane in Wellington and flying round the SI towards the beginning-middle of January with three tourists from Russia.

Would also appreciate any suggestions of nice scenic places and aerodromes, although I unfortunately won't have a bike.

crazybigal
3rd October 2006, 16:56
yeah thats a good one! my brother wants to add the takaka hill so we prob will. thanks for your input!!:2thumbsup :2thumbsup

A good detour if it is not to much of a devation from your planned route, is to go across to Motuaka from Nelson and over the Takaka hill, a nice long twisty piece of road.There are some caves up the top, a tourist thing, but well worth a look, very impressive stalignites.Takaka hill has got to be one of the longest steepist twistiest roads in the country.I have only done it on a road bike so far, the pedalling variety, and thats a buzz.I am on hunt for a motorised version, which I must say with some excitment, may be next week all going well so perhaps soon I will have the pleasure of a South Island ride to.

crazybigal
3rd October 2006, 16:58
oh man were do you start!!
west coast, mt cook, milford

I'll probably be hiring a plane in Wellington and flying round the SI towards the beginning-middle of January with three tourists from Russia.

Would also appreciate any suggestions of nice scenic places and aerodromes, although I unfortunately won't have a bike.

crazybigal
24th January 2007, 09:48
we are leaving wellington on the 2am fery this sat.
Will be touring the south untill the 7th so if anyone wants to hook up for a ride or to tag along PM me.

Alice
24th January 2007, 10:19
Cool for you guys, off at last, I will be heading down South soon too, no firm date yet, ......have a great trip.

crazybigal
24th January 2007, 10:39
yeah i cant wait! its been in the making for months!! its been killing me thinking about it

Cool for you guys, off at last, I will be heading down South soon too, no firm date yet, ......have a great trip.

Alice
24th January 2007, 11:03
You're going to luv it. Ain't anticipation a sweet thing !

Blairos
24th January 2007, 11:12
Hi Al

4 of us will be down that way - I have posted a thread here to see if anyone is keen to catch up during that time here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=42670)

:)

Squiggles
24th January 2007, 12:54
Its an awesome route, i got back a couple of weeks ago from doing a very similar trip but going down the east and up the west, just watch those west coast roads! (they rooted the couple of mm i had left on my rear tyre, had to get it replaced in nelson as it was past bald)
have a great ride and jeep the rubber side down :)

SDU
24th January 2007, 12:59
Have an awesome trip. If you are lucky summer might stay for a bit.

This Sunday you'll find a few hungover KBer's leaving Hokitika for various rides home around the mainland.
Be sure to stop & chat. Also where you are staying put up a ride / drinks meet to find a few kb locals (- some warning helps).

Dazza
24th January 2007, 13:32
That's hardcase that's the trip I did @ the start of this year (well pretty close) NP- Picton Takaka (sp) back to Motueka- Murchison-Reefton-Greymouth- Hasst (Jacksons Bay is a must)-Wanaka-crown range -Cromwell (dulp, turned left instead of right) oh well back to Frankton- Lumsden-Invers- Catlins -Belclutha-Gore- Invercargill-Omarama-Geraldine-Shefield-Arthurs Pass-Greymouth-Reefton- Murchison-turnoff to Motueka (got spoken to by a nice copper outside the pub)-Takaka-back to Picton, crossed the ferry & Back home away for 10days, rode for 7.5 days & covered 5400k's & had a blast doing it. Most we did in a day was on 840 k's. Bloody awesome riding and if anyone tells you there's no cops down Sth they're full of shit (well early new year anyway):yes:

crazybigal
25th January 2007, 13:08
we have added Takaka in and a few other places, i havnt updated my map.

That's hardcase that's the trip I did @ the start of this year (well pretty close) NP- Picton Takaka (sp) back to Motueka- Murchison-Reefton-Greymouth- Hasst (Jacksons Bay is a must)-Wanaka-crown range -Cromwell (dulp, turned left instead of right) oh well back to Frankton- Lumsden-Invers- Catlins -Belclutha-Gore- Invercargill-Omarama-Geraldine-Shefield-Arthurs Pass-Greymouth-Reefton- Murchison-turnoff to Motueka (got spoken to by a nice copper outside the pub)-Takaka-back to Picton, crossed the ferry & Back home away for 10days, rode for 7.5 days & covered 5400k's & had a blast doing it. Most we did in a day was on 840 k's. Bloody awesome riding and if anyone tells you there's no cops down Sth they're full of shit (well early new year anyway):yes:

crazybigal
25th January 2007, 13:47
just updated the map, if anyone wants to see.
www.apdnz.co.nz/biketrip.html

Dazza
25th January 2007, 13:53
Instead of going back to Nelson way fm. Takaka do the 61k's from Motueka To Kohatu, awesome Rd :yes:

oldrider
25th January 2007, 14:09
Hi Al, don't go to Te Anau without going up to Milford Sound for a ride, it's gotta be up there with some of the best rides in the world!

Spectacular at any time of the year, just ride up and back, it's only 120km each way. Cheers John.

PS: If not spectacular, it is at least different but watch out for the bloody buses, they are a pain in the arse.

Alice
25th January 2007, 14:16
I have to second Johns suggestion of going into Milford, the road is absolutely stunning. Its one road to take your time on and have a look around, good to stop and let the Keas come hassle yu.

crazybigal
25th January 2007, 16:13
id love to, just dont know if we will get time. i had planned to do it as maybe a side trip if we get the time.

Hi Al, don't go to Te Anau without going up to Milford Sound for a ride, it's gotta be up there with some of the best rides in the world!

Spectacular at any time of the year, just ride up and back, it's only 120km each way. Cheers John.

PS: If not spectacular, it is at least different but watch out for the bloody buses, they are a pain in the arse.

crazybigal
25th January 2007, 16:16
will do!

Instead of going back to Nelson way fm. Takaka do the 61k's from Motueka To Kohatu, awesome Rd :yes:

tl_tub
25th January 2007, 16:19
Is there still a petrol supply at the other end for those of us with bikes that do 220km per tank? I remember people saying you have to be at a shop at lunchtime and give a secret handshake?

crazybigal
25th January 2007, 16:31
there is gas in milford, one of the most expensive pumps in NZ! 220k! thats what you get for buying a twin! i get 300+ easy

Is there still a petrol supply at the other end for those of us with bikes that do 220km per tank? I remember people saying you have to be at a shop at lunchtime and give a secret handshake?

Finn
25th January 2007, 16:34
I've never been to the South Island. There's no bridge so it can't be too interesting.

Finn from Auckland.

NighthawkNZ
25th January 2007, 16:39
just updated the map, if anyone wants to see.
www.apdnz.co.nz/biketrip.html

Kewl trip... heaps of good roads... You will enjoy the glenorchy road, and a few of the passes roads... :yes: :)

I will be waiting for your pm when yah get here to dunners... will out the kettle on....

oldrider
25th January 2007, 16:48
I've never been to the South Island. There's no bridge so it can't be too interesting.

Finn from Auckland.

When you do, there will be bands playing, marching girls, (From Timaru of course) wild celebrations on into the night and you will "feel the love" like you have never felt before. The South awaits the Finn! :love: Cheers John.

crazybigal
25th January 2007, 18:25
the hookers are free!

Finn from Auckland.

crazybigal
25th January 2007, 18:28
yeah glenorchy is a great rd when its not slipped out or road works!
i used to zip out there in my subaru and back when i was board or ride my mtb out to bobs cove. that hill is a killer! crown range on a super motard bike! now that would be fun!

Kewl trip... heaps of good roads... You will enjoy the glenorchy road, and a few of the passes roads... :yes: :)

I will be waiting for your pm when yah get here to dunners... will out the kettle on....

crazybigal
26th January 2007, 20:39
well were off on the 2am ferry!
will take heaps of photos and write up a good story!
later gators!:Punk:

Grub
26th January 2007, 21:19
so i guess im lookin for advise on those little tucked away places no one goes to that are real scenic gems!.

Well looking at the map just makes me want to go too ... the only bit I can see that you've missed which I hear is pretty cool is between Reefton/springfield/Hamner Springs.

From your plan, that would be a detour just to do it ... but that's what biking is all about ain't it?

Hanne
8th February 2007, 14:55
That looks like an awesome trip!

Squiggles and I were down south over new years, unfortunately the weather refused to cooperate on the days we had planned to visit Glenorchy and Karamea :( I have heard heaps of great stuff about them though, so will definitely have to come back down again!

The road from greymouth to Westport was my favourite part of our trip, it is so rugged and out of the way, with lots of twists, and I was really glad I was pillion because the views would probably have had me driving right off the road!

Good luck with the trip and the wedding :)

Daffyd
15th February 2007, 21:50
Might be a bit late, but where in the Catlins is the wedding and when is it?
Might be able to meet up for a coffee. PM me?

crazybigal
19th February 2007, 17:53
it was at the outdoor adventure education lodge on the 3rd.
had great weather down there, great place. will be back sooner than later!!

Might be a bit late, but where in the Catlins is the wedding and when is it?
Might be able to meet up for a coffee. PM me?

Daffyd
19th February 2007, 18:01
Sorry I missed you. I was at the Vincent Rally on the 3rd.
I live just over the hill...less than 5kms away.
Glad the weather was good for you.

crazybigal
19th February 2007, 19:03
yeah i didnt go to the vincent but a few of my friends from queenstown and balclutha went. sad about that guy yesterday getting killed down your way.

Sorry I missed you. I was at the Vincent Rally on the 3rd.
I live just over the hill...less than 5kms away.
Glad the weather was good for you.

oldrider
19th February 2007, 19:43
Sounds like your trip went OK Al, We kept a look out for you but so many bikes tripping around how do you tell KBr's from the rest?
Specially when you don't actually know them ! :confused: Cheers John.

crazybigal
19th February 2007, 19:52
yeah i didnt get to your neck of the woods, i left the other 2 at high country salmon twizel and headed down to qtn then balclutha to catlins.
The boys went down to duntroon and over the danseys pass then down to dunback and down to dunedin. First 3 days of the trip were rain, got soaked in westport. then all good from there on.

Sounds like your trip went OK Al, We kept a look out for you but so many bikes tripping around how do you tell KBr's from the rest?
Specially when you don't actually know them ! :confused: Cheers John.

scumdog
19th February 2007, 23:36
yeah i didnt get to your neck of the woods, i left the other 2 at high country salmon twizel and headed down to qtn then balclutha to catlins.
The boys went down to duntroon and over the danseys pass then down to dunback and down to dunedin. First 3 days of the trip were rain, got soaked in westport. then all good from there on.

So ya went past Chez Scumdog without even a tootle of you horn??

Hope you enjoyed the Catlins ride.

crazybigal
20th February 2007, 08:25
sorry mate was in rather a hurry! I was nearly late for the wedding i was ment to be at ( my other half was the bridesmaid) so it was a quick trip from qtn-cluth-catlins no stopping.
ps, that Beaumont forest rd is nice!

So ya went past Chez Scumdog without even a tootle of you horn??

Hope you enjoyed the Catlins ride.