PDA

View Full Version : Favorite grub

Street Gerbil
16th July 2006, 19:36
Ok boys and girls. Here comes another never-ending thread. In this fluid and ever-changing world, there is one thing that hardly ever changes: a hungry biker is not a happy biker.
So here is the challenge: post a recipe for your favorite grub. The only conditions that apply:
a) It shouldn’t take more than an couple of hours to prepare
b) All ingredients must be available in New Zealand.

Here is my fav:
Hummous “Yerushalmi” dip:
One can of chickpeas
3-6 tablespoons of tahini (try different quantities to fine tune to your taste)
One lemon (peeled)
3 tablespoons of olive oil
Teaspoon of cumene
A few garlic cloves.
Salt and pepper to taste
Half cup of pine nuts
Cilantro, paprika, and cayenne pepper for garnishing.

Place everything except pine nuts to the blender (including the chickpea juice). Puree to desired consistency. Mix in the nuts. Garnish with cilantro, paprika and cayenne pepper. Splash on some olive oil.
Important! Hummous becomes much tastier after it sits in the fridge overnight.

NotaGoth
16th July 2006, 19:45
Too simple.....

Yoghurt.
Chopped up fruit.

Yum. Sparrows food.

Motu
16th July 2006, 20:02
Everytime we go to a party I'm told to bring my Chickpea dip - same as your recipie...sorta,it changes everytime I make it.If you haven't got anything to dip,you can use your finger.

skidMark
16th July 2006, 20:08
ummmmmmmmm how many ifngers do you have left now...and do you give the bones to the dog after

ummmm go down to hell pizza and buy it...

i get a lust with these added

chicken
green capsicum
mushrooms
cabanossi
pineapple
and get smokey bbq sauce on it

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

WINJA
16th July 2006, 20:16
chicken nibbles boiled in coke then baked

Maha
16th July 2006, 20:21
Subway melt extra bacon...........and raspberry fizzy....:blip:

thehollowmen
16th July 2006, 21:33
A bastardized panang curry that tastes more like a northern thai red satay.

Make jasmine rice.

Fry in a wok Oil + a tablespoon or so of crushed garlic and a two to three tablespoons of red curry paste.

Brown 500g beef stir fry in the wok, then add a can of coconut cream, a little water and a couple of tablespoons of cruncy penut butter. If you're fancy you can use just chopped penuts.

Boil until thickened.

Anyways, that's a staple in our place. Really unhealthy and fattening and filling and spicey.

Indiana_Jones
16th July 2006, 21:37
Bangers & Mash maybe.

But most of the food from my gallay at home is pretty nice

-Indy

Kendog
16th July 2006, 21:44
Burger Fuel

That's a tasty burger

And easily prepared in under 2 hours

Marknz
16th July 2006, 21:51
a good lamb vindaloo with garlic naan and an onion bhaji, or my lamb roast with roast potatoes, kumara, pumpkin, onions and steamed carrots and peas with a mint gravy.

skidMark
16th July 2006, 22:47
Bangers & Mash maybe.

But most of the food from my gallay at home is pretty nice

-Indy

indy cook me some damn egg's women oh and bacon too

98tls
16th July 2006, 23:27
Marinated mussels,crab meat...lettuce,cucumber tomatoes and spring onion,grated cheese all over then heaps of thousand island dressing :doobey: :doobey:

skidMark
17th July 2006, 00:02
Marinated mussels,crab meat...lettuce,cucumber tomatoes and spring onion,grated cheese all over then heaps of thousand island dressing :doobey: :doobey:

oooooo will honestly definately be trying that...cheers matey

babyB
17th July 2006, 00:42
lol anything thats cooked by some1 else

Goblin
17th July 2006, 00:48
lol anything thats cooked by some1 else
I'll second that!! And as long as I dont have to do the dishes!!

babyB
17th July 2006, 01:03
I'll second that!! And as long as I dont have to do the dishes!!
so true there gal. lol have dishwasher & got kids in training:whistle:

Squeak the Rat
17th July 2006, 09:10
SFC (Squeak Fried Chicken)

Put some chicken in a bag, add some oil, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper (and msg if you want to taste like the colonel). Mix throughly in bag then chuck in some flour and mix some more. Shallow fry in oil.......

Mmmmm, lick my finger....

Beemer
17th July 2006, 09:58
At the moment I'd kill for a crunchy stir fry (takes just minutes) but until the jaw heals, it's soup and risotto! Here's an easy risotto, baked in the oven:

Soften a finely chopped onion in a little butter and olive oil. (If you have a dish that can be used on the stove top and in the oven, use that.) Add garlic - the stuff in the jar is fine - and about 200g of arborio rice. Stir to combine for a minute then add 400ml of chicken stock (made using powder is fine) and about a half a cup of white wine and bring to a simmer. Add some grated parmesan cheese and then add whatever flavourings you like before covering the dish and placing it in a 200C oven for 30 minutes. Here are my favourites:

A tin of crushed tomatoes and smoked fish (a tin is fine), then cooked peas at the end.
Finely grated lemon rind, some lemon juice and smoked salmon.
A tin of crushed tomatoes and some cooked brown mushrooms.
A tin of crushed tomatoes and sliced spicy sausage.