PDA

View Full Version : GPX 250 Indicator wiring..

zeocen
17th July 2006, 12:39
Alright, so I pretty much know I need a male -> female and then crimp.. but I'm impatient and all I have are male connectors (from the indicator) at the moment.

My question is, could I just strip some plastic off to get some wire, then feed that wire into the indicators male connector and crimp the end of that.. then duct tape both wires seperately and then after that duct tape them both together?

I know it's a pretty rugged way to do it but yeah, like I said, I'm impatient, I want to go for a ride! :P

Thanks in advance ~

skidMark
17th July 2006, 12:43
or just buy some crimp lugs lol

i have some around here somewhere....where are you in aucks if it's not too far i could bring some round?

Racey Rider
17th July 2006, 12:48
just cut the male connectors off, expose some wire, wind wires together and insulation tape separately if you want a quick job.

bobsmith
17th July 2006, 12:53
it will be fine if you're desperate for a ride... becareful and tape those wires tight though, you don't want one of those coming off than blowing a fuse while you're out riding...

When you do come back from riding, I suggest you wire it properly though, if you want a really good job, after crimping the wires to connectors, solder them, put them in the connectors and use some glue gun to make sure the wires don't come out of the connectors, than get a couple of rolls of duct tape to tie the wires/connectors all together than some epoxy and fiberglass to fiberglass your connectors so if you ever crash, the connectors will be fine........

Ummmm maybe you should skip the last 9/10 of the step I've outlined.....

zeocen
17th July 2006, 13:01
Cheers for the offer Mark but I wanna try do it myself, my own labour so to speak :P

So what you all are basically saying is it will work, but not long term? Hmmm, maybe I should do it the proper way :/

Sketchy_Racer
17th July 2006, 14:01
it will be sweet.

even as a permanat

Most of my wiring is like that