PDA

View Full Version : Helmets for sale

Quasievil
2nd June 2004, 20:59
Ive got three helmets that I want to sell, if anyone wants to have a look go to this site on Trade Me.It was a money making scheme now I want to get rid of these ones. All are new and un worn, pm if interested cheers

http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/show_member_listings.asp?member=182027

Quasievil
5th June 2004, 10:01
Ive got three helmets that I want to sell, if anyone wants to have a look go to this site on Trade Me.It was a money making scheme now I want to get rid of these ones. All are new and un worn, pm if interested cheers

http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/show_member_listings.asp?member=182027

BUMP any one interested at all ?? Let me know cheers

FROSTY
6th June 2004, 15:52
what sizes are they--are they standards approved and are the visors available in NZ???

Hitcher
6th June 2004, 16:54
Why are you selling? Did your head swell or shrink?

Quasievil
6th June 2004, 20:20
what sizes are they--are they standards approved and are the visors available in NZ???

X Vent, MS....57-58
Q3 , ML ... 58-59
Nolan , M.....58
Yes and Yes, I was once the NZ Marketing manager for the company that imports these things. I checked with them to ensure that you can get the AGV Visors and yes no problem, in stock now.
Re the Nolan, I havent contacted the importer to see if the Visor is availble but Im sure it is.
Let me know if youre interested thanks

Quasievil
6th June 2004, 20:23
Why are you selling? Did your head swell or shrink?

I brought three in to sell to raise some cash for my bike exploits, only trouble is they havent been easy to sell so Im getting out of them.
they have never been worn, well apart from 6chris6 trying them on today.
He is interested in the nolan.

Quasievil
6th June 2004, 20:24

X vent is a great one for a Kawaski, looks real sharp, tear off holders on the visor if your racing it.

FROSTY
6th June 2004, 20:45
actually the x vent may be the only one that will fit me if at all
Id be interested for sure--pity I diddnt paint the bike same colors lol

Quasievil
6th June 2004, 20:58
actually the x vent may be the only one that will fit me if at all
Id be interested for sure--pity I diddnt paint the bike same colors lol

Well its the best one, Ive just been out to the garge to write down all the homologation stuff
The X vent has M2000 Snell, and DOT
the Q3 has DOT M95 Snell
Nolan has DOT

This may mean more to you than I but let me know if any questions.Cheers

FROSTY
6th June 2004, 21:18
Well its the best one, Ive just been out to the garge to write down all the homologation stuff
The X vent has M2000 Snell, and DOT
the Q3 has DOT M95 Snell
Nolan has DOT

This may mean more to you than I but let me know if any questions.Cheers
Ill have to check -for me the x vent needs M85 or M90 snell as a minimum
Or DOT .FMVSS-218

FROSTY
7th June 2004, 17:42
oyy quasi -I do need to know--actually so might MR

Quasievil
7th June 2004, 19:47
oyy quasi -I do need to know--actually so might MR

Hey man how ya doing!!
The only saftey standards on the helmet are Snell M2000 and DOT there was no other information in the packaging literature either.Ive looked up the below site and found out the following.I dont race so you will have to satisfy yourself thats its cool, I say this cause I dont want to get you in the shit or anything, or have you shitty with me cause I gave you the wrong info.But what I read Snell M2000 is about as good as it gets. Let me know if I can help some more mate.
Fuck I found the Ultimate Bike road today, Old Taupo road, you heard of it?? Im going to post a Waikato ride part 2 soon and that road will be in there for sure !!!
Anyway check it out. :msn-wink:

http://www.motorcyclingnz.co.nz/download/2003_MOS_Chapters_6to10.PDF

Pg 26

8-2-2COMPETITION HELMET STANDARDS:The following are the Helmet Standardsapproved for Motorcycle Competition in NewZealand:New Zealand:NZS 5430:1983Australia:AS-1698Denmark:DS 2124Europe:ECE 22-03, ECE 22-04ECE 22-05Finland:SF 3653France:AFNOR(NF)S – 72-305Great Britain: BS 6658 Type A (RoadRacing)BS 6658 Type B (Off Road)Japan:JIS. T8133/1982 Class C.U.S.A:DOT FMVSS 218SNELL M95, M2000 NOTE: Z90/1

Gummybear
8th June 2004, 08:24
Quasi, have you got the helmet weights?

Cheers

FROSTY
8th June 2004, 08:29
quazi Pm me tell me how much--Im paranoid Im gonna fail scrutineering with my road lid

Quasievil
8th June 2004, 08:44
Quasi, have you got the helmet weights?

Cheers

the AGV helmets dont have the weights on them, the Nolan is 1450g
I think with some web searching you might be able to find out the weights, Im in a hurry right now, try and look later

FROSTY
13th June 2004, 11:48
Tha AGV is now sold --Bllody good lid-now i might be able to lift my bloody head up propperly when Im riding. Thanks quazi for the delivery. :spudbooge