PDA

View Full Version : De restricting Speed on a CBR 250

Big Chim
18th July 2006, 22:10
Hey all,

I found this thread else where http://www.cr-x.org/cbr250/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19547

has anyone done anything like this??

I'm not to up on the electircs of a bike but very interested in trying to get this to work.

Thoughts, comments, help

Cheers

vtec
19th July 2006, 22:48
Ha, sweet. I thought I'd seen everything on that site. That's a great guide. I haven't done it, so maybe that's why I was cutting out on Puke. If I get a smaller rear cog, that'll work just as good for Puke as the speedo is driven from the gearbox. On Manfield and Taupo I don't get going that fast.

skidMark
19th July 2006, 22:53
what about unhooking the speedo :P

lol

i wanna know how to de-restrict my zxr...tops out at 185 or so i'm told like i say im a good boy now

texmo
20th July 2006, 00:34
Roadrash Speak to HTDboy about this he knows all.
Mark no need unless racing I havent done it, the only track you need it for is puke and maby full circut taupo. You need a little black box to de-restrict a zxr.

HDTboy
20th July 2006, 10:26
I haven't read the article but it is a piece of piss to remove the speed cut. I'll reply to this thread again with a guide when I have more time

Paulus
21st July 2006, 15:43
On several Hondas I've owned in the past the restriction was achieved by a small tag on the outer edge of the aluminium induction disc in the speedo. As this tag passed under a sensor the ignition cutout came on. You can simply snip the tag off with some side cutters and remove both the speed restrictor and also the 180kmph speedo needle mechanical stop (meaning the speedo will wind round further). Obviously check carefully before removing the tag that it is actually the correct one - it's fairly permanent.

Biohazard
22nd July 2006, 17:42
Should be easy enough to do mate, if we have time 2moro we'll pop into DS and pick up the resistor and then do a quick solder and then ya done:scooter:

HDTboy
24th July 2006, 10:23
On several Hondas I've owned in the past the restriction was achieved by a small tag on the outer edge of the aluminium induction disc in the speedo. As this tag passed under a sensor the ignition cutout came on. You can simply snip the tag off with some side cutters and remove both the speed restrictor and also the 180kmph speedo needle mechanical stop (meaning the speedo will wind round further). Obviously check carefully before removing the tag that it is actually the correct one - it's fairly permanent.
Do what he said

Biohazard
24th July 2006, 10:41
Hmmmm...that could be an option aswell.

And saves forking out .15c for a resistor...:blip: