PDA

View Full Version : Turbo kit for a GSXR!

iwilde
19th July 2006, 17:34
heck this out! Makes me want to go out and buy a K4!
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=63632166

Drew
19th July 2006, 17:41
:gob: Very cool, but according to WhiteTrash, it makes an already mental bike un fuckin ridable.

But just having the power to do fifth gear wheelies witout clutching it up, would be all the reasoning I needed.

kiwifruit
19th July 2006, 17:47
Nuts!
One day, when i can afford to do something mad like that i will

oldguy
19th July 2006, 17:57
:gob: Very cool, but according to WhiteTrash, it makes an already mental bike un fuckin ridable.

But just having the power to do fifth gear wheelies witout clutching it up, would be all the reasoning I needed.Wouldn't you be better to go supercharger

Drew
19th July 2006, 20:18
Wouldn't you be better to go supercharger
Depends on the bikes purpose. A supercharger is no good for flat out shit without having to be so big it drains power till it boosts up.
A low preasure supercharger stops making power early, but a turbo don't make power till late, both are inefficient.
Best results are acheived with both at once, no lag, and no power drop off.

betti
20th July 2006, 06:29
What about the cheap easy fix... good ole nitrous oxide, got a mate with a z1000 trike back in the UK, and when he hits that button, hold onto yer groin it rips up the strip! the kit was about $1000 all in and bugger simple to fit, surely it's gotta be the go :headbang:

http://www.diy-nitrous.fsnet.co.uk/

98tls
20th July 2006, 06:54
Theres a VTR in Aussie running a super charger off an MR2 Toyota..goes pretty good by all accounts and is ridden daily to work.

Lou Girardin
20th July 2006, 08:11
Wouldn't you be better to go supercharger

Designing the blower drive without making the engine a lot wider is the problem.
The Sprintex blower we've fitted to a V Rod makes a LOT more power right up to 9000, that's at 7 psi. And the turbo set up that one of our ex-techs put on his K4 had the same power characteristics as the stock motor, but a LOTx2 more power. 212hp at the wheel.

SimJen
20th July 2006, 15:57
PB magazine or was it Superbike?? had a couple of Suzuki's with superchargers, looked almost stock. very tidy installs and big power delivered in a linear fashion.
I'd love to do it, but as mines a daily rider and the cost of fuel seems to have no limit.......
Plus the wife would cut my balls off and feed them to me :(

Toast
20th July 2006, 18:50
PB magazine or was it Superbike?? had a couple of Suzuki's with superchargers, looked almost stock. very tidy installs and big power delivered in a linear fashion.
I'd love to do it, but as mines a daily rider and the cost of fuel seems to have no limit.......
Plus the wife would cut my balls off and feed them to me :(

Fast bikes I think it was...apparently the bikes were awesome, just like the stockers x1.5 power.

Toast
20th July 2006, 18:54
That turbo kit adds +25kg...not too attractive from that point of view

Sensei
20th July 2006, 21:12
[QUOTE=SimJen]PB magazine or was it Superbike?? had a couple of Suzuki's with superchargers, looked almost stock. very tidy installs and big power delivered in a linear fashion.

Plus they Fucked a Brand new chain in one days testing doing the Reveiw on the bike & 2 back tyres . $$$$$$$$$$

SPORK
20th July 2006, 21:31
That turbo kit adds +25kg...not too attractive from that point of view
Yeah, but think about the fat bikers anyway. I'd imagine I'm a good 25kgs lighter than a lot of people here no worries.

GR81
21st July 2006, 08:37
mmm twin charge :D