PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Harley prices

cousa1
20th July 2006, 14:15
I see Harley have announced their 2007 line up. Does anyone know what the price of these is going to be in New Zealand?

Macktheknife
20th July 2006, 14:57
Ask Lou he knows everything about it, he works for AMPS

Lou Girardin
20th July 2006, 15:19
No pricing yet. Piccies on our website. The new Night Rod looks ultra cool.

ezinnz
21st July 2006, 08:22
I like the fact they've gone to 96" motors and 6 speed boxes. 200 series tires are long overdue too.

They look good - I want a softail!

cousa1
21st July 2006, 11:42
Softail custom is nice.

Lou, any idea on when the prices will be available?

Lou Girardin
21st July 2006, 14:48
Softail custom is nice.

Lou, any idea on when the prices will be available?

Hopefully, Monday.

Troll
22nd July 2006, 18:56
had some sales blurb in the mail yesterday

CVO is putting out 110" motors on a limited selection of motors

would appear that the motors are going to go even bigger in the future

PuppetMaster
24th July 2006, 10:33
I see Harley have announced their 2007 line up. Does anyone know what the price of these is going to be in New Zealand?

A lot......

scumdog
24th July 2006, 10:44
A lot......

Ahh, - so you can't afford one then?:wait:

PuppetMaster
24th July 2006, 16:33
Ahh, - so you can't afford one then?:wait:

Well, once I get my P lab up and running.

Finn
24th July 2006, 16:41
Given the weakening of the NZ dollar I would guess they're going to go up in price.

John Banks' one is going cheap if you know someone in the underworld.

PuppetMaster
24th July 2006, 16:48
Given the weakening of the NZ dollar I would guess they're going to go up in price.

What we need is the Warehouse to parallel import. That way the price should drop, then I may be able to afford one without taking out a second mortgage.

Lou Girardin
25th July 2006, 08:24
What we need is the Warehouse to parallel import. That way the price should drop, then I may be able to afford one without taking out a second mortgage.

You better pray that the Warehouse will do servicing.:tugger:

scumdog
25th July 2006, 09:45

Hmmm, haven't checked right now prices but I do know that 4 years ago (when the dollar was even worse) that the Yanks were paying dollar-for-dollar the same (or in some case a little more) than we were.

Was in a H-D dealers then and calculated that for the price Yanks were paying for a Wideglide it would have made more economic sense for them to fly to NZ for a weeks holiday, buy a new Wideglide there and fly themselves and bike back to USA :yes:

However I was told by the dealer that there was some kind of restriction to bringing new H-Ds into the US.:doh:

So it seems they don't get them cheap over there either.

PuppetMaster
25th July 2006, 14:22
I probably wouldnt buy new anyway. I mean, there is nothing wrong with older Harleys, those with rubber mounts anyway, for those of us that have softer under sides.

Do new Harley's hold their value ? (compared with used)

Bonez
25th July 2006, 18:47
However I was told by the dealer that there was some kind of restriction to bringing new H-Ds into the US.:doh:

They're sold in "limited" numbers for the US market. This keeps the price artificially high and also ensures demand :wait:

Shadows
25th July 2006, 23:23
I probably wouldnt buy new anyway. I mean, there is nothing wrong with older Harleys, those with rubber mounts anyway, for those of us that have softer under sides.

Do new Harley's hold their value ? (compared with used)

New HDs don't hold their value quite so well as ones that are a couple of years old. It is possible to buy a used HD and sell it 2 or 3 years later for the same price you paid for it, provided it is looked after.
Mind you, even if you were to buy new you wouldn't lose as much as if it was another make of bike for the same price. Unless its a V-Rod.

27th July 2006, 23:09
Prices for the 07's look pretty reasonable,

I was thinking about a new street bob but as they are 14k in Virginia I am better off waiting and paying lou and co. a visit when I get home as they appear to only be 26-27 k .

14k ( not including sales tax) / .62 = 22.5 k + duty + shipping + gst + hassle + not a lot of warranty love from the dealer as you didnt buy it from them.

Maybe AMPS will give me a decent trade in on a slightly used fully loaded rocket III.

Lou Girardin
28th July 2006, 10:17
Maybe AMPS will give me a decent trade in on a slightly used fully loaded rocket III.

The salesmen say all our trades are decent. :yes:

28th July 2006, 15:22
The salesmen say all our trades are decent. :yes:

:yes:

no worries as 'slighty used' is probably equivalent to 'decent trade' .

What's the warranty on new HD's in NZ ?

roadandsport
28th July 2006, 23:35
Hi All.
We have the answers to this question... well some of them anyway.

Also deals on the 06 floor stock that will not be repeated. Give us a call, happy to help.
Phase 1 for 07 is already 3/4 full so if you want one this side of Santa :rockon: down.

thanks
Sales team
Road and Sport
Hamilton

29th July 2006, 03:43
Hi All.
We have the answers to this question... well some of them anyway.

Sales team
Road and Sport
Hamilton

Do you have the answer to this question ?

"What's the warranty on new HD's in NZ ?"

roadandsport
30th July 2006, 00:24
Do you have the answer to this question ?

"What's the warranty on new HD's in NZ ?"

Same as last year. 24 Months Unlimited K's

Thanks
Stuart

:scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter:

30th July 2006, 02:28
Same as last year. 24 Months Unlimited K's

Thanks
Stuart

And a thank you to you too.

07fatboy
25th August 2006, 15:49
put down deposit on 07 fatboy $31,750 out the door no more to pay just waiting on the first phase arriving in two weeks have recieved invite to demo night so i can go and flogg the living beejezuz out of the night-rod hehehehe probably get shot at