PDA

View Full Version : Hour meters

XRNR
22nd April 2003, 00:01
Hour meters,
I got a nice small genuine Yamaha one from Henderson Motocycles (09 838 5899). $120 for non tacho version and $125 with tacho reporting. It warns every 50hrs and is solely an inductive pickup, And sealed.

Triki
5th February 2004, 09:57
Hour meters,
I got a nice small genuine Yamaha one from Henderson Motocycles (09 838 5899). $120 for non tacho version and $125 with tacho reporting. It warns every 50hrs and is solely an inductive pickup, And sealed.

motominder looks pretty good, most of those nasty green things come out with them new now, i think its about $160, its inductive to, you just have to terminate the ground wire on the bike sumwhere, prob under a bolt on the frame. the pickup just gets cable tied to the lead.

Badcat
18th October 2004, 17:39
motominder looks pretty good, most of those nasty green things come out with them new now, i think its about $160, its inductive to, you just have to terminate the ground wire on the bike sumwhere, prob under a bolt on the frame. the pickup just gets cable tied to the lead.

motominder are also an NZ company and invention too - if that makes a difference to you.
kind regards
ken

StoneChucker
28th October 2004, 11:39
What would the application of an hour meter on a motorbike be? Obviously to record some sort of running hours (engine?), but why?

dhunt
28th October 2004, 11:50
What would the application of an hour meter on a motorbike be? Obviously to record some sort of running hours (engine?), but why?
If you don't have a speedo on bikes such as MotorX

Voodoo
22nd November 2004, 21:59
yeah, good for 2 strokes,

Motu
23rd November 2004, 06:45

Off road distance covered has got little relation to engine use,same as a farm tractor,it doesn't go far in it's life,but sure works hard.So maintinence scedules are done on hours of use rather than distance traveled,all industrial equipment is maintained this way.It's taken a long time,but they have finaly applied it to bikes.

Cary
7th June 2005, 20:10
yeah, good for 2 strokes,

They still making those :rofl:

Motorminder's go for $135 on www.dirtbike.co.nz and most retail shops

Dutchee
8th June 2005, 22:28
A few issues back, in Kiwi Rider, they advertised KTM hour meters for <$100 (either $89 or $95 or so). Not sure how accurate that price is as KTM is usually more expensive ;) (seemed odd to me)

As for the dig at 2 smokes, sorry, 4 smokes are just as high maintenance these days (and often louder). I'm not biased toward either, as ride both.

Cary
9th June 2005, 21:21
A few issues back, in Kiwi Rider, they advertised KTM hour meters for <$100 (either $89 or $95 or so). Not sure how accurate that price is as KTM is usually more expensive ;) (seemed odd to me)

As for the dig at 2 smokes, sorry, 4 smokes are just as high maintenance these days (and often louder). I'm not biased toward either, as ride both.

The Motominder is slightly different and works on the YZF to. Was told with the Yamaha meter ($89) that if i wanted to use it on the Yamaha (pencil coil) that I would have to "drill thru the coil to make it work" so as to feed in the required wire, needless to say the shop selling me the meter wouldn't give me another coil if I got it wrong!!

Have found the Motorminder reliable and indespensable.

I don't mind 2 strokes either, my mower is one :rofl: