PDA

View Full Version : By way of introduction.......

Gummybear
3rd June 2004, 19:48
I was 'linking' on the net (as you do sometimes) and I came upon this site. I entered, looked around and decided to stay after I found I kept coming back here. Nice to find a site for KBers.:2thumbsup

Im new at this so......by way of introduction for those interested....I live in West Auckland, I got my full liscence 5yrs ago, rode for 2, got binned big time as the 'pillion', spent 2 years recovering, swore I would NEVER ride again. Well I never say never anymore. Got the bike this year and got the leg over ......and Im off again!

Started on the GN250, on to the 400 Katana, then the VFR750. Now the Kawasaki er500. Sat on a Ducati 900M/S today and fell in love:love:

I was wondering out of interest how many other female KB'rs there are on this site?(I've 'seen' a few) AND how many riders there might be at my 'level' of riding? Neither a beginner nor an experienced rider, yet! I would like to met some people to ride with if any one is interested, you know, get the confidence up, meet new friends sort of thing.....:ride:

TTFN
Gummybear

Hitcher
3rd June 2004, 19:58
Welcome to our madhouse, Ms Bear. Your Kawasaki is a classy piece of kit (as of course are all Kawasakis) and makes me wonder why other manufacturers don't offer 500s in New Zealand.

Anyway, I look forward to your future contributions!!

Yarg
3rd June 2004, 21:08
Hey there G/bear,
Welcome to the KB site.
If you are interested in shorter casual rides send me a PM & maybe arrange something.
Enjoy the site.

MadDuck
3rd June 2004, 21:32
Hi Bear

Theres a few gals hanging around in here. I consider myself in your boat..... neither a learner nor as experienced as many of the lads on here.

I love riding out the back of SH16 and out West so if ya keen to hook up for a hoon one day PM me and we'll go do it.

Oh compulsory lunch/latte/tea break on all rides :spudbooge

MD

dangerous
3rd June 2004, 21:53
Hi there :wavey: and welcome in to this very interesting forum were you can talk bikes or anything non bikes.
Tell me why did you go from a VFR750 (which year was it?) to the 500? as for me the VFR is the best 4cyl you can get, mind you the 500 is a twin is it not? and twins are better than a 4 any day :2thumbsup

Gummybear
3rd June 2004, 22:03
Definitely the lunch/latte/tea break thing!
Thanks MD will be in touch.

Got the flu thing happening at the moment.....

And thanks to Yarg for your offer.....

And to Hitcher, yes the 500 is a great bike....

Gummybear
3rd June 2004, 22:13
Its a long story but in a nutshell I got the VFR (1986?) at the same time I got busted up and I never wanted to ride again so I sold it. The Kwaka is a twin, inline twin and this one is abit of a sleeper. Gives me confidence to ride and shes not heavy for me to manage.And it was the right price!

FROSTY
4th June 2004, 00:53
gidday gummybear.
welcolm to the madhouse. :laugh: :laugh:
good to see another westy biker type --there are a few of us.
If ya aint hooked on bikes now ya will be soon.
Theres a few westy types who'll join ya for a ride -just post it up so we know about it.
I tend to keep my road riding to a sedate pace because i usually have my son with me.

LB
4th June 2004, 03:40
Hi Gummybear. Welcome to KB. We're a pretty good bunch really, there's heaps of knowledge and information to be had here, along with lots of laughs!! And there's quite a few of us girls here too.

And yes, I'm with MD: it is an unwritten rule on any ride that I organise that we have compulsory coffee/chat/food stops. What else is there in life other than bikes/coffee/chat/food? Oh yeah, I guess there's guys......specially in (or out of!) leather.

wari
4th June 2004, 09:20
ah yeah gidday ...

watch out for the crazies on here ... :yeah:

natural selection dont work on this for umm .. :confused:

:spudwave:

Dr Bob
4th June 2004, 09:26
Welcome Gummybear,

I am also a recent KBer (now that I know what that means) and also out WestAuck. There seems a large contigent out that way. Good to see that you got back up on that horse.

Ms Piggy
4th June 2004, 10:46
Welcome back to the wonderful world of 2 wheels! I admire you for getting your leg over agin! :niceone: You will make some great contacts through this site & have lotsa fun!

Firefight
4th June 2004, 12:52
Ho hum , yes another welcome, hope you enjoy the site, great sorce of info, just have to take the odd 6-7k relgous posts with a grain of salt

some great kb memebers out your way, sure you will meet them at some stage, mostly we are :grouphug: type people..

F/F

Gummybear
5th June 2004, 17:10
Gee.....thanks everyone for the warm 'fuzzies':grouphug:
Will look forward to chating/riding with you.

TTFN
Gummybear

magnum
20th June 2004, 21:08
hello and welcome