PDA

View Full Version : Adventure Rides

Zukin
20th July 2006, 21:24
Hey ya all

Are ya sick of me yet:wait:

I warned you in my first post that I maybe considered a nuisance here:yes:

Anyway
I know there is a Meetings and Events forum on KB, but I just want to let you all know I AM KEEN AS MUSTARD to tag along on any rides you have...
Now I am a novice (if you can call a 34 year old a novice) when it comes to riding bikes, but am keen to learn.
We (my wife and I) will be undertaking a large adventure ride in Feb 07, so I want to get as much riding under my belt as possible.
I dont/cant ride as fast (or as good) as some of you guys, but am very determined....so I have GPS and can read maps, so as long as I know where we are going, I will end up there.......eventually:yes:
So let me know in advance and I am sure I will be there
After I get a chance to change my tyres from Mud to general purpose......

When the weather clears up (later in the year), I am keen to organise rides based out of Hawkes Bay and the Wairarapa if you are keen to tag along.
I have a few private access roads that I have access to, these will make for a good trek

Thanks for the warm welcome

Scott

merv
21st July 2006, 08:15
You'd have street legal knobbly tyres on the DRZ and if they are anything like those my Yamaha and Honda came with they are fine on the road.

Zukin
21st July 2006, 09:09
You'd have street legal knobbly tyres on the DRZ and if they are anything like those my Yamaha and Honda came with they are fine on the road.

I havent got the DRZ yet, and I dont think the tyres on the Honda are street Legal??

inlinefour
23rd July 2006, 11:03
Hey ya all

Are ya sick of me yet:wait:

I warned you in my first post that I maybe considered a nuisance here:yes:

Anyway
I know there is a Meetings and Events forum on KB, but I just want to let you all know I AM KEEN AS MUSTARD to tag along on any rides you have...
Now I am a novice (if you can call a 34 year old a novice) when it comes to riding bikes, but am keen to learn.
We (my wife and I) will be undertaking a large adventure ride in Feb 07, so I want to get as much riding under my belt as possible.
I dont/cant ride as fast (or as good) as some of you guys, but am very determined....so I have GPS and can read maps, so as long as I know where we are going, I will end up there.......eventually:yes:
So let me know in advance and I am sure I will be there
After I get a chance to change my tyres from Mud to general purpose......

When the weather clears up (later in the year), I am keen to organise rides based out of Hawkes Bay and the Wairarapa if you are keen to tag along.
I have a few private access roads that I have access to, these will make for a good trek

Thanks for the warm welcome

Scott

If your ever over these ways I have designed a few rides utlising possibly the nakis worst roads. I tend to go on these rides during the week as I wrk in the weekends. If your ever keen just give me the word. :scooter:

merv
23rd July 2006, 11:17
Zukin did you check out this thread http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=31502&highlight=klr250 where we talked a bit about tyres.

When are you getting your DRZ? Then you can tell me how good you find it.

Wolf
23rd July 2006, 11:21
If I were still down in the Bay, I'd be in like Flynn!