PDA

View Full Version : Maps for fuel injection

duckman
4th June 2004, 11:08
I'm looking for a map to download to my power commander from the PC website (www.powercommander.com) and I can't find one that matches my setup. (two bro's slipons, TRE, BMC filter)

They do list a "stage two" map - Does anyone know what "stage two" would probably be ??

Anyone out there running a Power commander ???

James Deuce
4th June 2004, 11:16
I'm looking for a map to download to my power commander from the PC website (www.powercommander.com) and I can't find one that matches my setup. (two bro's slipons, TRE, BMC filter)

They do list a "stage two" map - Does anyone know what "stage two" would probably be ??

No, but my Transformer will kick your Power Commander's arse.

duckman
4th June 2004, 11:18
No, but my Transformer will kick your Power Commander's arse.
More than meets the eye ??? :whistle:

riffer
4th June 2004, 11:34
Hey duckman - try this page:

http://www.twobros.com/Exhaust/

riffer
4th June 2004, 11:36
Hey duckman - try this page:

http://www.twobros.com/Exhaust/
I'll be more specific, in case you can't find it on the page -

Packing

First Stage: Stainless Steel Wool
Second Stage: High Temperature Fiberglass

duckman
4th June 2004, 11:38
Oh - So the "stages" just refer to the packing material ???

I thought it would be like:

Stage one: Slip ons
Stage two: slip ons and high flow filter

e.t.c.

Hmmmmmm <_<

Deano
4th June 2004, 11:44

Gday mate.

Have you checked the site for maps that bikers have sent in ? Might be more specific to your set up.

Another option is to take it to AMPS and they can tune to get the best map for your bike, but could be costly.

Ive got the PCIIIr fitted to my SP1 and I have the PC disc as well.

The maps on my disc are available on the PC site, but it may cost to download from the site - I can get you the disc for nout. (I owe you one for GP's anyways).

I have K&N filter with foam inserts still in, have removed the flapper valve (which comes standard for noise compliance), and Neptune slip ons. There was no map available for my set up, but was advised by Mark at Neptunz to install a map designed for Arrows cans, as the internal diameter etc were very similar. The PCIIIr smoothed out the slight misfires and I have gained 10HP with this set up over stock.

Im not sure what stage 2 means, but on the disc it saya that map is for race only, and may fowl plugs at low speeds/revs.

The M303.504 is for BSM Vampire slip on's with stock or K&N filter. You could try a few maps and see how it runs, but I had mine dynoed after installing the map to make sure it wasn't leaning out too much.

To quote Rossi after a win, " I am very very happy" (said with Italian accent).

I picked up my PCIIIr second hand for $550, the guy helped to install it (or should I say I helped him), he gave me the disc, and lead from the computer to PCIIIr.

Let me know what you want to do.

p.s. can you let me know when the next GP disc is ready so we can organise delivery details?

Deano
4th June 2004, 11:51
BTW - for those who have said Neptunz are not 'performance cans', (yeah thats you WT) I have done similar mods to an SP1 that featured in AMCN which had Microns fitted (performance cans) and I have exactly the same HP (127HP at the wheel).

I appreciate differences in the dyno machines could be a factor, but on the face of it, Neptunz are just as good as Microns. So naa naa na naa na !!

duckman
4th June 2004, 11:52
Thanks guys, I'm gunna try one of the base maps and then if it all turns to sh*t I'll take it to power sports and get it dyno'd.

Deano - As for the next GP, the guy here at work that handles the tricky capturing software thingy is on leave so there may not be a distribution for the upcoming race. - Sorry everyone.

I can of course send it out once he gets back from holiday in a few weeks but by then it's all old news.

Cheers for all the help guys.

Deano
4th June 2004, 11:57
Thanks guys, I'm gunna try one of the base maps and then if it all turns to sh*t I'll take it to power sports and get it dyno'd.

Deano - As for the next GP, the guy here at work that handles the tricky capturing software thingy is on leave so there may not be a distribution for the upcoming race. - Sorry everyone.

I can of course send it out once he gets back from holiday in a few weeks but by then it's all old news.

Cheers for all the help guys.

More than welcome mate.

Perhaps try the M303.504, but don't spend any $$ downloading as I can get you them for nothing.

duckman
4th June 2004, 11:59
More than welcome mate.

Perhaps try the M303.504, but don't spend any $$ downloading as I can get you them for nothing.
Pay - Oh f*ck no!!! Anyone can get them from the website for free. :2thumbsup

Hoon
4th June 2004, 14:06
I was told $70 by AMPS for a dyno run. They have a DynoJet250 dyno so you can't do much better.

DEATH_INC.
4th June 2004, 18:07
Jump onto gixxer.com or one of the TL sites and ask,someone has prolly got a suitable map that they'll give you.

Drunken Monkey
4th June 2004, 18:35

I've got one, but it'll only be of any use to ya if you get 2 more cylinders...

DEATH_INC.
6th June 2004, 08:38
Oh,yeh,I usta have one on the 12,great device,I had the 3r which lets ya adjust the timing too.I've got heaps of 12 maps :shake:
On the TL's(and the gixx) we just used the yosh box