PDA

View Full Version : RockStar Supernova

placidfemme
21st July 2006, 11:57
I'm not usually into these reality based programs... but I've actually started to like this one...

I personally think Dilana should win!!!!!

What do you think?

See web site here: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/rock_star2/

Colapop
21st July 2006, 12:02
I think they're all crap. To sing rock well, you've got to be able to actually sing. And I still haven't been able to stomach watching it for long enough to figure out who the band is that they'd be joining...

Matt Bleck
21st July 2006, 12:03
Jason Newstead comes across as a complete dickhead!!

The_Dover
21st July 2006, 12:05
I can tell Tommy Lee wants one of the bitches to win. Just so he can bone her.

They all looked shit to me and I wouldn't let them play the spoons in my band, let alone fucking sing.

SimJen
21st July 2006, 12:06
Im not a fan of reality based shows unless they are skilled people...ie American chopper (mind you thats debatable) or stuff like that.
I prefer a good artist who can do more that just sing a song, someone who can write and play......
But I think it should be one of the hot chicks for sure :) the one you like looks hot ;)

Squeak the Rat
21st July 2006, 12:11
I voted Zayra because she looks either wasted or really stupid......

Haven't watched the show....don't intend to start now :nya:

BeakerRAT
21st July 2006, 12:15

I agree they are all crap.

You don't think Tommy has boned most of them yet? Bet he has.

placidfemme
21st July 2006, 12:19
I don't think any of the chicks other than Dilana have the image or the voice for a rock band... they all turn the "rock" songs into pussy girl tunes... only Dilana makes the song hard and puts in the rock effort. So far with the 3 songs I've heard her sing, she has kicked ass on all of them.

But because it is a "rock" band I reckon they will choose a male singer to lead them... in which case I think they should pick the Aussie bloke.

The_Dover
21st July 2006, 12:23
Good point Benny the Rat, he's probably boned all the chicks and Jason Newstead has boned all the guys.

Gilby Clarke being an ex gunner probably just got smacked off his tits and videod the lot whist being blown by Dave Navarro.

GR81
21st July 2006, 12:27
i hate reality tv shows! :angry:

BeakerRAT
21st July 2006, 12:37
Good point Benny the Rat, he's probably boned all the chicks and Jason Newstead has boned all the guys.

Gilby Clarke being an ex gunner probably just got smacked off his tits and videod the lot whist being blown by Dave Navarro.

Sounds about right. :laugh: :rofl:

Hey after all it's Rock & Roll - why else would you join a Rock band?

bobsmith
21st July 2006, 15:03
I'm not usually into these reality based programs... but I've actually started to like this

If anyone watches Survivor Exile Island, there was a fire dancing chick on there, and she had similar tools as the above, except hers looked like little cups and not cloth...
.........later on this thread.................
Yeah I'm not into that shit either, just changed channels and saw her flinging them around without fire in them and the other survivors bitching about it for some reason...

Ok... I believed you the first time... but again!!!

Just don't know where this world is comming to...

placidfemme
21st July 2006, 15:05
Ok... I believed you the first time... but again!!!

Just don't know where this world is comming to...

oh doodums

BeakerRAT
21st July 2006, 15:16
oh doodums

I thought all TV was reality based - it's all real isn't it???

Bugger! I've been conned. DOH!

placidfemme
1st September 2006, 12:31
only 6 left now...

and Dilana is still in it :rockon: :rockon: :Punk:

WRT
1st September 2006, 12:46
Ok, I dont watch this show, its crap, most of the music is crap, and the good songs that they cover are ruined by the performers. But I did flick over in time last night to see Dilana (?) headbutt the mike at the end of her song last night. Now THAT was entertaining.

skelstar
1st September 2006, 12:57
I think the music is fantastic. Best reality TV entertainment on the box at the mo.

Who got voted off the island last night?

buellbabe
1st September 2006, 13:00
definately Dilana... unlike the others she doesn't 'force it'. She has a naturally powerful voice... but anyway I only watch it to drool over Gilbey Clarke... mmmmm

Fishy
1st September 2006, 13:02
Magni is the best of the crap.

Cajun
1st September 2006, 13:03
personally over past few weeks dilana, perfomances, have well leave me lacking, she started out so well, but seams not have to grown, where many of others aka Ryan who started like crap, but learned and grew alot.

I would like magni to win, but i don't see them picking him(taking him away from his young family[but is possible])
Storm i don't think either
Toby would do well, and is a possible lead singer
Lukas is a bit of a wild card, he has put many great performances down, but many shocking ones,

placidfemme
1st September 2006, 13:06
I think personally Magni would be best for the band... he has the voice and the image for a rock band... but I'm still putting my vote on Dilana... cause shes from Africa and I think she rocks lol

kiwifruit
1st September 2006, 13:15
magni

storm gives me a rash

Fishy
1st September 2006, 13:19
storm gives me a rash

Better get some cream for that mate!.

Storm irritates the shit out out of me, she is such a try hard wannabe.

kiwifruit
1st September 2006, 13:22
Better get some cream for that mate!.

Storm irritates the shit out out of me, she is such a try hard wannabe.

can you itch it for me instead?

Fishy
1st September 2006, 13:25
can you itch it for me instead? I'm too busy itchin mine at the moment mate :yes:

750Y
1st September 2006, 13:41
i think supernova itself is rubbish. when they played their own songs it just sounded like a busy mess. the sum seems to be less than it's parts. i fancy storm tho, she is so lovely.

Swoop
1st September 2006, 13:47
I recon Storm is next to go. Lucas has ruined a few songs and struggles to develop his voice.
Magni has been brilliant throughout.
Toby... Some great performances and then some not-so-hot.
Dilana. There has been some superb performances, but there is a "sameness" about her performances.

Has anyone else noticed the comment that there are 2 more weeks...???
So another double elimination from the island could be happening.

I bet Iceland goes off each week!!!!
Go Magni!

Fishy
1st September 2006, 13:49
Lucas is a little freak and would be more suited to a band like Green Day or something similar. He is a punk not a rocker.

placidfemme
1st September 2006, 13:54
Lucas is a little freak and would be more suited to a band like Green Day or something similar. He is a punk not a rocker.

Yeah Lucas is not suited at all for this type of band... I also think that the songs that "Supernova" have sung so far suck... By what I've heard I won't be buying the album...

Dilana actually has done pretty well on her solar career... She's released two CD's already I believe under the name "Dilana Smith"

RiderInBlack
1st September 2006, 13:55
Fu*ken polls closed. Magni's the Man. He would be the best at fitting in with the rest for the Supernova Dudes.
In saying that, all the singers that are left now are all fu*ken good but at the end of the day it will be down ta who will handle fitting in with the rest of the band.

Maha
1st September 2006, 13:55
Cant really see a chick fronting the band...nothing against the idea, its just that the guys would rather the frontman to pull chick's.....not guys...
And Dilana/Storm would pull the kinda chicks that aint into men, and Tommy would miss out.....:gob:
So........ Lukas has the persona and look and voice and lovely eyes (not my observation btw) and Magni has a great voice range, where as Toby?..dont know....Jury still out on that one

placidfemme
1st September 2006, 13:59
Cant really see a chick fronting the band...nothing against the idea, its just that the guys would rather the frontman to pull chick's.....not guys...
And Dilana/Storm would pull the kinda chicks that aint into men, and Tommy would miss out.....:gob:
So........ Lukas has the persona and look and voice and lovely eyes (not my observation btw) and Magni has a great voice range, where as Toby?..dont know....Jury still out on that one

Toby to me... is too much of a "pretty boy". He's got that preppy "I'm so hot" look and attitude that annoys me...

I agree that a man would be best to front the band... and Magni is the best option...

*still cheering for Dilana though*

Maha
1st September 2006, 14:01
Yeah Lucas is not suited at all for this type of band... I also think that the songs that "Supernova" have sung so far suck... By what I've heard I won't be buying the album...

Dilana actually has done pretty well on her solar career... She's released two CD's already I believe under the name "Dilana Smith"

Dilana is a mix of....Stevie nicks (the look).... Kate Bush (flity/barefoot/prancey).....Marian Faithfull (voice).... all good on their own, but mixed together?..... NA!....
I like peanut butter and Banana's....but not together....:sick:

Joni
1st September 2006, 14:01
Dilana is from Johannesburg... say no more :innocent:

Beemer
1st September 2006, 14:02
I enjoyed the INXS one because I could relate to the music and there were some damn good singers on the show, but I haven't bothered watching this series. I catch the end of it sometimes when I change channels and I heard a few of them last week. I'm sorry, but apart from being one of the scariest sheilas I've ever seen, in my opinion that Dilana can't sing! Screeching the words of a song is NOT singing!

One of the guys I heard wasn't bad but all the women were crap!

Patrick
1st September 2006, 15:36
Dilana and Magni to share the win?????

placidfemme
1st September 2006, 15:42
Dilana and Magni to share the win?????

lol would be.... interesting to say the least... might actually make Supernova something worth listening too....

skelstar
1st September 2006, 15:52
Well since no-one was going to answer my question I went and found out for my self...heres the elimination synopsis from the official site:

Week 9 Elimination Recap

Ryan Star Goes Home

Performances have become so stellar on "Rock Star" that elimination is proving to be tougher and tougher each week. It now comes down to one thing--who is the best fit?

To find the lucky Rocker, Supernova will be testing how well each gels with the band. After tonight's elimination, the remaining five will be engaging in a songwriting clinic where Gilby announced he would personally help each write a new Supernova track. The Rockers were stoked.

Super-stoked was Lukas, who was asked to front Supernova for their newest song "It's On." Singing with power and intensity, he worked the crowd into a frenzy. Realizing that the gauntlet had now been thrown, his fellow Rockers appeared a little worried by his effortless bravura performance.

If Toby was worried, he didn't show it during tonight's encore. The affable Aussie performed another rousing version of Billy Idol's "Rebel Yell," singing, screaming and jumping into the delighted audience.

And then, the bottom three. With only six Rockers left, some would experience their initial moment of possible elimination. The first to stand up were Storm, Ryan and Lukas. As more votes came in throughout the night, the next at risk Rockers identified were Toby and Dilana. Lukas and Dilana had never felt this kind of heat before. Magni, true to his song from last night ("I Alone") was the only Rocker completely safe from elimination. Tommy exclaimed, "They're having one hell of a party in Iceland right now!"

The party ended, however, when the bottom three were announced. A disappointed Ryan was first. Wishing to rock it harder for Supernova, he chose The Who's anthem "Baba O' Riley." Hoping to amp up his stage presence, the usually sensitive Rocker broke open a bottle of champagne and sprayed it on the audience. He definitely wanted to save himself. Could he?

Storm was the second Rocker announced. Ever confident, she wasn't fazed by it and instead, approached her place in the danger zone as a chance to show more of what she's made of. With The Beatles' "Helter Skelter," a tune she claimed was one of the first punk rock songs ever written, Storm was vocally impressive but also down and dirty. She even sat on Tommy's lap.

The shocker was Dilana. The consistently exemplary Rocker had gone through something of a personal beating and her place in the bottom three must have hit home. Still, she maintained an aggressive sense of humor by singing The Talking Head's "Psycho Killer" dedicated, in part, to herself. Dilana's been a favorite this season, but after this performance, would she maintain that position?

The answer was up to Supernova. All three Rockers stood nervously as Gilby assessed their strengths and weaknesses before Tommy wielded the axe. Addressing Ryan, Tommy said, "You're probably the only cat who has come the farthest but... you're the next to go." The New York Rocker, whom Dave dubbed "The Dark Horse", was visibly upset. After thanking Dave for his support, the jilted Ryan told Supernova that he was sorry they'd be missing an opportunity to make music with him.

So who will get the opportunity? With five Rockers left, "It's On!"

placidfemme
1st September 2006, 16:30
Well since no-one was going to answer my question I went and found out for my self...heres the elimination synopsis from the official site:

Sorry man... I missed your question... yeah it was Ryan Star...

Even though he has grown a huge amoutn since the first episode he's gone... He did have a great voice... but all his song choices involved the piano/keyboard which is in my opinion why they sent him home... his "style" is just not rock enough...

so goodbye to the "Darkhorse"... I'm sure he'll have an awesome solar career anyway...

skelstar
1st September 2006, 16:39
No worries...here's my take:

I always thought Ryan Star (no relation) looked real awkward...he'd ham-it up for the band but would look completely out of place.

Lucas looks ambivalent but Ive always quite liked him...but looks wrong for the band.

Ms Large looks hot but is out of her league, but has a fantastic voice IMHO.

I thought Magni was super weak in his first coupla weeks. His performances are great, but seems a little too nice and family oriented to be badass.

Toby looks great (I guess) but is a bit weak in his performances. Would be great fronting a band in Courtney Pl on a Friday night, but can you see him infront of Tommy bashing the drums like he does? ...or Gilby dragging his guitar around?

Dilana - hmmm....great attitude (scripted falling out?) and looks awesome, but cant see a chick fronting their band. Can you?

Joni
1st September 2006, 16:49
Can you?Yes.... :yes:

skelstar
1st September 2006, 17:15
Yes.... :yes:

I should have been more specific...can you objectively? ;)

Swoop
1st September 2006, 17:25
Dilana is from Johannesburg... say no more :innocent:

So she will hold them up at gunpoint to steal their wallet and car???:scratch:

Hitcher
1st September 2006, 17:56
Magni. For no other reason than he doesn't have the totally cliched tatts and piercings. Or hair.

Mom
1st September 2006, 18:07
No worries...here's my take:
Dilana - hmmm....great attitude (scripted falling out?) and looks awesome, but cant see a chick fronting their band. Can you?

Dilana for me is great, and even quite attractive without the face bling..but, fronting the band........

Magni. For no other reason than he doesn't have the totally cliched tatts and piercings. Or hair.

Probably will get there, the other members of super nova are not raging youths anymore, family is important to them I am sure.........bear in mind public persona sells.......the image they want is hard core.......bet they are a bunch of softies underneath.

Two Smoker
1st September 2006, 19:25
Never ever watched idol and inxs programs... But this one has me hooked (being a HUGE Metallica fan and GNR fan... motley crue im so so about) I think Dilana would be the best to front the band... Shes a natural, has a wicked voice that is powerful yet unique that would suit the band (think about James Hetfield and Axl Rose)...

Still would be happy if Magni fronted it... But Lucas makes me want to smack him in the face with his stupid fucking eyebrows...

Storm has a wicked voice but isnt in the running...

Toby not to sure, cool voice... but a pretty boy...

andrea
2nd September 2006, 09:18

They all looked shit to me and I wouldn't let them play the spoons in my band, let alone fucking sing.

tommy lee sucks he's as ugly as a mutha farker, hmm that blonde chick looks pretty loose didnt he have his eye on her, ewwww, we got better singers here

skelstar
2nd September 2006, 09:32
... we got better singers here
Dear god I hope youre not talking about NZ Idol popularity contest.

andrea
2nd September 2006, 16:47
Dear god I hope youre not talking about NZ Idol popularity contest.

holly fark!! noway man im not talking bout dem LOL im talkin bout our nz bands :yes: like feelers, che fu etc

Scouse
2nd September 2006, 17:16
I think the Lady with the mega facial pearcings I think her name is Dilana should win she has a real stage presence and a fantastic voice and is by far the best performer out of all the hopefulls

kro
2nd September 2006, 18:03
Dilana is good, but I'm picking Magni to win.

placidfemme
7th September 2006, 13:34
I think the Lady with the mega facial pearcings I think her name is Dilana should win she has a real stage presence and a fantastic voice and is by far the best performer out of all the hopefulls

I agree :rockon:

Oh and I already know who is going home tonight... hehe

Matt Bleck
7th September 2006, 14:07
Dilana was a bit of a let down last nite, and Storm was a bit of a shocker her voice keeps breaking, she doesn't seem to have much range... I reckon Toby will go all the way.

Fishy
7th September 2006, 14:07

Who who who? I hope its Storm! or that punk freak Lucas!.

RiderInBlack
7th September 2006, 14:12
Yer felt that Dailana did well last night, pulled hamstring and all. Thought her song "Super Soul" was cool. Mangi did OK. I even had to admit that Toby rocked the house with his song (it was very catchy) but he didn't give his cover song the right feel (too happy and not angry enough for a song about jealousy). Lucas, the little arse, murdered "Living On A Pray". I really didn't like what he had done with it. Storm IMHO didn't do "Suffragette City" justice, but her original was OK.

placidfemme
7th September 2006, 14:21
Who who who? I hope its Storm! or that punk freak Lucas!.

PM on its way... I won't ruin it for those who are going to watch tonight :)

Fishy
7th September 2006, 14:31
Mwahahahaha I know who's goin home tonight, Oh dear I just spoilt it for myself...ah crap what am I going to watch on tv tonight then :scratch:

placidfemme
7th September 2006, 14:43
Mwahahahaha I know who's goin home tonight, Oh dear I just spoilt it for myself...ah crap what am I going to watch on tv tonight then :scratch:

lol you could start a bet with someone....

I bet you $100 [insert name] will go home...

hehe easy money

placidfemme
7th September 2006, 14:47
Yer felt that Dailana did well last night, pulled hamstring and all. Thought her song "Super Soul" was cool. Mangi did OK. I even had to admit that Toby rocked the house with his song (it was very catchy) but he didn't give his cover song the right feel (too happy and not angry enough for a song about jealousy). Lucas, the little arse, murdered "Living On A Pray". I really didn't like what he had done with it. Storm IMHO didn't do "Suffragette City" justice, but her original was OK.

Yeah I thought Super Soul was great... exspecially the *quiet* THANK YOU *back into song* part... i thought it was deep and powerful and honest...

I thought lucas sucked... but then I havn't liked a single song he has sung so far...

Toby's song was too "pop" and not enough "rock"

Storms original was good, but not "rock" enough for my liking

Magni... to be honest, I don't even remember his performance... so that goes to show what I thought about it lol

Patrick
7th September 2006, 14:53
Buggered if I can see what Lukas has that they all like so much... he is shit!!!

Storm... well I can see what they like there!!! Quite like it myself...!!!

Toby? All the way??? Pffftttt....

Two way horse race between Dilana and Magni.

Guess we will soon see.........

Macktheknife
7th September 2006, 15:07
Yeah up to now I thought 2 horse race but then last night I reckon Storm did the best performance I've seen from her yet. Good enough? dunno.
Magni is just so consistant!
Toby rocked the house! and that is a big deal folks, the fans buy the albums.
Please would someone shoot Lukas.
Dilana looks and sounds cool but she really shouldn't be allowed to speak in front of camera's.
I think final 3 will be Magni, Dilana and Toby, I don't know why Lukas is still there.

Patrick
7th September 2006, 15:13
Tobys original was great... the first song was booooooorrrrring... The same for Storm too, then she took the jacket off and the second song seemed so much .... ummm... better....

dnos
7th September 2006, 15:18
Well I think one of the guys should win - TOby or Magni. THey are both real good.
How many awesome long lasting rock bands have female vocals????? I can't think of too many. So therefore i think they would be silly to choose a girl even tho storm is not bad and dilana sings great (bit of a dick tho so that might lose them some fans)

My prediction - Toby, he has been really getting the crowd pumping.

Hitcher
7th September 2006, 15:35
You're a heartbreaker, dream-maker, love-taker don't you mess around with me.

Hit me with your pet shark, fire away!

Patrick
7th September 2006, 15:41
Or,

"Warm smell of Policeman, rising up in the air..." Eagles - Hotel California.

Matt Bleck
7th September 2006, 16:01

How do you know, the elimination show doesn't start till Sept 6th 8pm et/pt time thats 3pm today our time?

Fishy
7th September 2006, 16:08
How do you know, the elimination show doesn't start till Sept 6th 8pm et/pt time thats 3pm today our time?

She has psychic abilities.

Matt Bleck
7th September 2006, 16:14
She has psychic abilities.

ahhhh, thanks for clearing that up, so hows about this weeks lotto numbers placid? :nya:

Maha
7th September 2006, 16:49

Its Dave Navaro isn't it?..... :bye:

Maha
7th September 2006, 16:53
Wonder whatever happened to the guest judges that were going to appear?...
Slash and Rob Zombie to name two.....:scratch:

Patrick
7th September 2006, 16:59
I'mpicking it will be Storm... every time one of those judges gets up and jams with em, they get the send off...

Swoop
7th September 2006, 18:13
ahhhh, thanks for clearing that up, so hows about this weeks lotto numbers placid? :nya:

Have you heard of the internet???
Does quick internet search and returns whistling innocently......
"well, I know what happens tonight..."

RiderInBlack
7th September 2006, 20:40
Well that's Storm out of there. Dailana get's ta fight another day. Too bad Lucas got let off the hook.

Swoop
7th September 2006, 20:43
Yup, was really hoping for Lucas or Dilana to have gone (preferably both) but.....

It has to be out of Magni and Toby.:rockon:

Colapop
7th September 2006, 20:43
First time I seen that programme tonight (well about 10 minutes of it) It's better than NZ idol (or has that been said) coz they're shyte!! That chick that got the arse tonight was pretty hot though (I'd tap that!!) They probably hire a guy coz a chick in with those fellas will spell trouble...

Patrick
7th September 2006, 20:44
I'mpicking it will be Storm... every time one of those judges gets up and jams with em, they get the send off...

Ummmm.... told ya so? (And no internet search cheating, either!!!).

placidfemme
8th September 2006, 09:57

lol I'm on the Dilana Fanclub mailing list thingymabobwhatsit... and they told me! Also I enjoy causing shit on the SuperNova forums, calling all the americans sheep and swearing at them... its so much fun...

Anyway lol

placidfemme
8th September 2006, 09:59
yippie Dilana rocks on!

It was so hard biting my tongue yesterday trying not to tell people haha... Storm was/is HOT... but yeah she had to go... personally thought they should have sent home super fag boy (Lucas)... but oh well...

Last year they chose (for INXS) a canadian... maybe they'll choose a canadian again this year (Lucas)...

*still quick happy on the Dilana bandwagon*

Fishy
8th September 2006, 10:23
Glad Storm has gone, she was a try hard and very irritating.

Lucas or Dilana will be next to go, preferably freak boy.

My guess is either Magni or Toby. I think the only reason why they may think of eliminating Magni is if they think it will be hard on his new family with doing the whole travelling with the band thing.

F5 Dave
8th September 2006, 10:31
You're a heartbreaker, dream-maker, love-taker don't you mess around with me.

Hit me with your pet shark, fire away!

Oooh oooh, can I play too?

"Like a surgeon, On strike for the very first tiiiime, Like a sur-ur-ur-geon, put your golf clubs, next to mine"

Swoop
8th September 2006, 12:03
Lucas or Dilana will be next to go, preferably freak boy.

Lucas hasn't improved over the shows. Yet Toby seems to keep growing each week.

placidfemme
8th September 2006, 12:45
Lucas hasn't improved over the shows. Yet Toby seems to keep growing each week.

The thing that really pisses me off about Lucas is the way he sings...

I'm the type of person where the lyrics of a song are 90% the reason why I listen to it... and 10% is the music...

When Lucas sings... I can't hear a thing he is saying... so yeah... thats why I dislike him... and he looks like a dork...

"dear diary.... mood apathetic... i'm wearing my sisters black jeans today... they look so good on me... why do people keep calling me gay"

haha

Swoop
8th September 2006, 12:50

Yes. Has anyone else closed their eyes while any of these "artists" are "singing"?
Remember that this is what you might be hearing from your radio soon (and some of them do not make the grade...).

skelstar
8th September 2006, 13:22
Kbers at the pub re:TRTNR last night and they were playing the msuic from the show, no vid. While it didnt sound bad, I much prefer the originals anyway...but I feel the same almost regardless of who is performing.

Fishy
8th September 2006, 13:27

He also looks weird when he sings too, kinda like he is trying to vomit. Have you noticed that?

I hate the way he dances on stage too, kinda looks like a drunk spastic.

placidfemme
8th September 2006, 13:28
He also looks weird when he sings too, kinda like he is trying to vomit. Have you noticed that?

lol yeah Sam commented that same thing...

Macktheknife
8th September 2006, 13:40
Hi its heavenly here, Mack was already logged in so I thought I would steal a post from him :-)
I adore Dilana and hope that she wins too. A total fox, bad girl with great rocker attitude!
Supernova may use her slip up as an excuse to get a male... that would suck.

Enjoy your weekend.
Cheers

riffer
8th September 2006, 13:52

None of which ever stopped Joe Cocker having a stellar career.

placidfemme
8th September 2006, 13:54

who?

10 chars

Fishy
8th September 2006, 13:55

Joe Cocker?????

Some type of vomitting drunk spastic entertainer?

Hitcher
8th September 2006, 14:35
who?

He came in through the bathroom window.

F5 Dave
8th September 2006, 14:56
“Unchain my Harley”

Or the Forecourt song: “you can leave your helmet on”

“Up where Wheelie belong”

“With a little help from my. . . “- um, ahh, nah gone blank.

Had to look Joe Cocker up to see what he had done I am proud to say. I knew the songs but what a snoozer.

RiderInBlack
13th September 2006, 20:30
Well hate ta say it but as much as I like Magni, I think that Dilana and Toby had much better preformances. Think that Magni will be the next to go, even though I'd much rather see Lucus gone.

Swoop
13th September 2006, 21:06
Lucas toned it down tonight, which was good to hide the voice issues.
I like Leah's comments (on The Rock) that he sounds like a strangled goat...!
Dilana was superb. Amazing recovery on the leg...... Nice schmooze with whatever her name is that was sitting in the audience...

Nice comment from Jason about the backup singers needing matching attire!

Idrumm
13th September 2006, 21:48
Dilana, what a performance, well ahead of the rest, infact I think Supernova needs her more than she needs them,
I don't think she'd have much trouble finding a manager/ reconding deal etc.

The Pastor
13th September 2006, 22:51
I'm not usually into these reality based programs... but I've actually started to like this one...

I personally think Dilana should win!!!!!

What do you think?

See web site here: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/rock_star2/

SIF A WOMEN COULD lead A SUPER HARDKORE ROCK GROUP. HAVING SAID THAT MOST OF THE GUYS ON THAT SHOW APPARE TO BE WOMEN.

These programmes piss me off somthing cronic. I happen to like gnr motley crue and inxs and who ever comes along next. These shows are only on air for one reason, they have used up all there money and have none left for their retierment! IF they were keen on music why would they put it on tv? There is no logical reason, they don't need a tv show to be famous, as they already are. They are too scared that if they didnt get on tv people would relise that their music now sucks. bloody hell. Real music has nothing to do with TV and trying to look cool. Why do they shorten the songs to 1 or 2 verses and a corus? Becuase they don't care about the music. Did someone say manufacted band/sex pistols?

Live music is where its at. and this sucks. It sucks more than MJ at a kindergarten sleep over party.

placidfemme
14th September 2006, 09:25
Well tonight is the night... we'll find out who wins... I'm trying very hard not to look at the website to find out in advance... but its early in the day, and chances are I'll have a peek later lol

Dilana kicked ass last night, I think shes great... If she doesn't win, then I'm putting my next vote on Magni... simply because I think the other two suck...

skelstar
14th September 2006, 09:28
So if you can check now who wins, presumably our 'voting window' closes BEFORE their final show starts? This contigency has intrigued me for weeks...

Str8 Jacket
14th September 2006, 09:30
I'm trying very hard not to look at the website to find out in advance...

Oh, oh what website?! I hate Lukas with a passion, I dream of stabbing him. Im hoping it will be out of Toby and Dilana... I really like Dilana but I wonder if they will choose her as she may "over shadow" the band. I didnt really like Toby to start with but he really has improved! Sadly Magnis performance was pretty forgetable... I kind of liked him.

placidfemme
14th September 2006, 09:38
Oh, oh what website?! I hate Lukas with a passion, I dream of stabbing him. Im hoping it will be out of Toby and Dilana... I really like Dilana but I wonder if they will choose her as she may "over shadow" the band. I didnt really like Toby to start with but he really has improved! Sadly Magnis performance was pretty forgetable... I kind of liked him.

I mainly use the Fan sites, but you can also keep an eye on the offical website:

http://rockstar.msn.com/

They are only announcing the winner at 8pm ET (Don't know when that is in NZ time), but from that point onwards it'll be on all the fan sites and stuff, so by the time I go home they would have announced it :)

Warning: Don't look at the website if you don't wanna know who wins until your home and watching it :)

Edit: As of last night when the show ended Dilana was #1 with the voting... hopefully nothings changed

Joni
14th September 2006, 09:40
After last night I have a bit of split feelings: I reckon you need to look at what would be best for the band moving forward... I reckon the only person who does not have something to offer IMHO is old goth boy Rossi (forget his first name).

Dilana was stunning as always (but people argue can a girl lead this band - everyone knows I think "Hell yeah")

Magni - was good and can jam with the guys from a musicians point of view which is a great asset.

surfer boy - good performer, would represent the band well and the girls love him.

PF - dont you dare tell us - I want to be surprised... :innocent:

placidfemme
14th September 2006, 09:41
PF - dont you dare tell us - I want to be surprised... :innocent:

lol don't worry I won't :)

*is going to try not to look myself*

Swoop
14th September 2006, 09:51
Roughtimately 1pm our time today???

Matt Bleck
14th September 2006, 11:18
Checked the fan site to see who won, it's there!

Piss's me off that your voting for no reason at all.... 'cept to make the phone companies money... wankers!!!!

placidfemme
14th September 2006, 11:20

Piss's me off that your voting for no reason at all.... 'cept to make the phone companies money... wankers!!!!

*goes to look*

placidfemme
14th September 2006, 11:29
*goes to look*

Hmmm... nope

They won't post it on the website until the East Coast of the states have watched it on TV

skelstar
14th September 2006, 11:32

Well, voting for NZ closes about 4 hours after the show I think.

_Gina_
14th September 2006, 11:34
Hmmm... nope

They won't post it on the website until the East Coast of the states have watched it on TV
It's there, I just looked...

SARGE
14th September 2006, 11:35
its gonna be Dilana.. she looked all commercial last night..

Beemer
14th September 2006, 11:38
It's on Stuff already - man, the winner is 'unusual looking' - ugh!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3796929a1860,00.html

skelstar
14th September 2006, 11:39
Brilliant Beemer. Did you just give it away?

placidfemme
14th September 2006, 11:41
oh no Beemer... edit your post!

Don't wanna spoil it for the others...

*knows too*

Swoop
Hmmm. Interesting.:shutup:

Joni
Damn I looked at it Beemer :innocent:

Ah well, I wont be giving my thoughts on this until everyone else (who is not as curious as me) knows.

placidfemme
14th September 2006, 11:42
Damn I looked at it Beemer :innocent:

Ah well, I wont be giving my thoughts on this until everyone else (who is not as curious as me) knows.

*sits on the bench next to Joni and waits*

Hitcher
14th September 2006, 11:43
Gahh! Thud.

Joni
14th September 2006, 11:45
Gahh! Thud.Big fat Ditto on that mate :thud:

Swoop
14th September 2006, 11:45
*sits on the bench next to Joni and waits*Move over ladies... Room for one more?

Joni
14th September 2006, 11:47
Move over ladies... Room for one more?eeeaaasy does it big boy :D

Swoop
14th September 2006, 11:51
eeeaaasy does it big boy :D
This is the seating area for the "beginning of the bitching session on the result", is it not???
This is where I will be needed, once the result has been screened.........:yes:

*mutter, mutter*

The Pastor
14th September 2006, 13:53
XXXXX won out over XXXX, who was the favourite to win the show.

Hitcher
14th September 2006, 14:06
Hands up everybody who doesn't yet know the (Gahhh!) result?

We may as well start the bitching now and just have our prejudices confirmed as we watch tonight's show.

Joni
14th September 2006, 14:07
Did you see the post above yours Hitcher?... thanks Renegade, we were trying to let the people who want the surprise get one

SARGE
14th September 2006, 14:08
Did you see the post above yours Hitcher?... thanks Renegade, we were trying to let the people who want the surprise get one

thankfully .. he's been on my ignore list for months...

skelstar
14th September 2006, 14:16
Im sure it was 'accidental'.

SARGE
14th September 2006, 14:33
Your a cock, thanks for spoiling a good show that I and others were looking forward to the finale tonight. Fuck you.

wow .. the red rep avalanche hitting right now sounds like thunder.....

placidfemme
14th September 2006, 14:38
can a mod not edit his post?

Macktheknife
14th September 2006, 14:42
Your a cock, thanks for spoiling a good show that I and others were looking forward to the finale tonight. Fuck you.

RM you dumbarse, I have no respect for you.
Speedie has it right.

SARGE
14th September 2006, 14:47
end of the day.. its Tommy Lee.. Gilby Clark and Jason Newstead.. whats the worst that can happen??

i think no matter who it is ( i still dont know cuz cocksmoker is on my iggy list) its gonna go hard out .. ive seen Tommy on the Girls Girls Girls tour in Cleveland .. his kit elevated 20 feet off the stage and spun on a gyroscope gimble whlie he was doing his solo..

Jason Newstead?? .. say no more..im still deaf

gilby with GnR is probably one of the best guitar players of the early 90's.. i personally would have gone with Ynjwie Malmsteen, Eddie Van Halen or Alex Lifeson but hey..

no matter WHO the lead singer turns out to be, the REAL show will be going on behind them...

anyhooo.. what do you think for the NEXT RockStar?.. established band needing a singer or an all star band? who?

Patrick
14th September 2006, 14:48

No cheating!!!!!!! Magni was dull last night, sad... Bye bye Magni is my guess, but forever hopeful the Munster Wolf Boy Lickass... oops...Lukas is the one to go, but he was sort of good last night. What is it that they see in him!! I think Jason fancies his chances there...:innocent:

He sings like he is constipated, and as someone said just before, a strangled goat who strangles the words sssooooooooo often, and he did it again last night FFS.

Joni
14th September 2006, 14:48
OK, guys I will remove the comment - but come on its just a TV programme, swearing and carrying on is not necessary...thats just makes one mistake a lot uglier.

Patrick
14th September 2006, 14:52
*sits on the bench next to Joni and waits*

Room for another?

placidfemme
14th September 2006, 15:05
Thanks to the mod who removed it...

Plenty of room on the bitching bench people... :)

As for the next RockStar... maybe something different... a girl band? Rumour has it they are looking to start up Nirvana again... don't think Dave Ghrol (sp) will be keen on that...

Hitcher
14th September 2006, 15:08
Start with a list of all of the "mega" bands of the past 20 years who no longer have a lead singer and aspire to go round the block one more time...

Macktheknife
14th September 2006, 15:13
Start with a list of all of the "mega" bands of the past 20 years who no longer have a lead singer and aspire to go round the block one more time...

I would say Queen......
But part of me would hate to see it happen, it would be a kind of 'sellout' to see such a great group do that.

Patrick
14th September 2006, 15:17
Thanks to the mod who removed it...

Plenty of room on the bitching bench people... :)

As for the next RockStar... maybe something different... a girl band? Rumour has it they are looking to start up Nirvana again... don't think Dave Ghrol (sp) will be keen on that...

Unfortunately not removed in time for some....:nono: Still another that needs wiping??? (without naming names...)

Hitcher
14th September 2006, 15:21
Unfortunately not removed in time for some... Still another that needs wiping??? (without naming names...)

Move on. "Censorship" is a delicate issue in these parts.

SARGE
14th September 2006, 15:26
I would say Queen......
But part of me would hate to see it happen, it would be a kind of 'sellout' to see such a great group do that.

no way man ...have you heard the new Queen with Paul Rogers (http://www.queenpluspaulrodgers.com/)?

Nirvna shouldnt be re-made.. grunge should go the way of Disco

bring back Van Halen

Hitcher
14th September 2006, 15:29
The best "other" Queen lead singer I've heard is George Michael.

Macktheknife
14th September 2006, 15:44
I have just heard Paul Rogers effort, not bad but still not up to Freddy's high standard. As for George, well lets just say he did ok but it is a hard act to follow.

Beemer
14th September 2006, 15:54
At least I was kind and gave everyone who didn't want to know the result the option of NOT clicking on the Stuff link! As for me, I haven't watched the show apart from the odd bit when flicking between the channels so I can't really say if the win is deserved or not. I heard a couple of the women singing (the weird one and the blonde one) and wasn't that impressed. Heard one of the guys (but have no idea who he was!) who didn't sound too bad.

I know what it's like to know the winner of something you have been following before it screens on tv - even if it has been decided long before we see the shows sometimes. I was watching one of those supermodel shows (I know, frustrated dreams or something!) and hated one of the contestants so I checked on the net to see who had one and was disgusted to find out it was her! Put a damper on the show a bit because every week I knew it wouldn't be her going home!

SARGE
14th September 2006, 16:01
i think the freaky chick is a bit too much like a cross between Janis Joplin, Melissa Ethridge and Wendy O. Williams ..

its been done ...

Beemer
14th September 2006, 16:09
i think the freaky chick is a bit too much like a cross between Janis Joplin, Melissa Ethridge and Wendy O. Williams ..

its been done ...

Yeah, she looks like the type of female who would make small children cry! Can you imagine her going through the metal detector at the airport?

Swoop
14th September 2006, 20:52
*Takes seat* *Nods to both Joni and PF* "Evening"...
Brought some popcorn for us all!
:corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn:

Drinkies?
:apint: :apint: :apint: :apint:

*Settles down for the evenings entertainment*...

Hitcher
14th September 2006, 20:57
Gahhhh! Thud.

(Lives in hope of the replay producing a different result)

Swoop
14th September 2006, 20:59
Gahhhh! Thud.

(Lives in hope of the replay producing a different result)
Roger that!

Colapop
14th September 2006, 21:00
The really good rock singers can actually sing (in tune) as well as belt out the tracks. I don't think any of these contenders can actually sing. Dilana doing 'Zombie'... the tone fluctuates too much....and the others are crap.

Swoop
14th September 2006, 21:12
Well, it's down to the final two. Strangled goat-boy and Dullananh. What a choice...

Ooohhh! A spider climbing up the wall! Much more entertaining... See ya...

marty
14th September 2006, 21:20
i didn't want lukas to win

crashe
14th September 2006, 21:23
'skunk' boy won.......

oh whats next????????

Hitcher
It makes my head spin...

Str8 Jacket
Now I really want to stab Lukas.

I knew about this all day and no one wanted to know. It was sooooo hard not saying anything, cant believe I didnt...

heavenly.talker
14th September 2006, 21:34
Bummer...Dilana was robbed!

Joni
14th September 2006, 21:37
Words cant explain my disgust....:sick:

Maha
14th September 2006, 21:37
Really??....they must have edited that part out, cos i didnt see it, but how about that Lukas huh?......:rockon:

dawnrazor
14th September 2006, 21:43
sad ass end to a sad ass programme...now go watch 'rescue me' on tvone for some proper telly

Swoop
14th September 2006, 21:55
Possibly a good result.
Several solo artists will have promoted their careers from this.
Storm was in the show for only that reason, since she knew Jason personally (coming from Portland) and the tears at the end (by both) were from knowing the story behind the song.
Magni will benefit from the international exposure for the "Iceman".
Dilana... well who knows.

RiderInBlack
14th September 2006, 22:05
Well that's kill the band for me. Lucas, FFS. What drugs were they on?

Look forward ta seeing what Dilana, Toby, Magni and Toby do from here. But as far as Supernova goes they have gone from Supernova to White Dwarf and IMHO will end up in being a Black Hole.

skelstar
14th September 2006, 22:08
Nah Lukas is cool IMHO. Hes got a unique look, can clearly sing, and thats what will make the band successful (if they make it).

Good series, and thats all thats important to me.

cowboyz
14th September 2006, 22:11
Nah Lukas is cool IMHO. Hes got a unique look, can clearly sing, and thats what will make the band successful (if they make it).

I hate to be the one to tell you this but I think there is something wrong with your tv.

Patrick
14th September 2006, 22:11
Latest news is the Supreme Court(?) has banned them from using Supernova name as there is someother small time band called the same...

With Lukas fronting, Clusterfuck could be a suitable name...

Madness
14th September 2006, 22:14
I'm glad to say I didn't waste any more than about 10 minutes of my life watching that piece of crap. I watched Skunk-Boy sing White Wedding tonight and thought my dog could have done a better job. The Icelandic guy was much better IMVHO.

cowboyz
14th September 2006, 22:14
Toby should have won it and the band would have rocked. Everytime he got up there he got the crowd going. Would pay to see him live. I never liked Lucas the first time I heard him sing. He screws up all the songs he sings (oops.. shouldn't say sings cause he kinda just mumbles his way through it).

Patrick
14th September 2006, 22:16
Latest news is the Supreme Court(?) has banned them from using Supernova name as there is someother small time band called the same...

And, from Beamer...At least I was kind and gave everyone who didn't want to know the result the option of NOT clicking on the Stuff link..

Ummm, no... check your post #110 - kinda gave it all away there...

Maha

WAS.............past tense...that other so called band was back in the 80's..
Dont think they count for much now and sure as hell dont have the coin to put up much of a fight in court.....they are just a 'piff' in the universe...:done:

Kendog
More importantly, what is the next series going to be???

Maha
14th September 2006, 22:23
More importantly, what is the next series going to be???

Rockstar Toby..........give that guy a band.......:banana:

The Pastor
14th September 2006, 22:34
Its a talent quest, move to otago and get over it.

idb
14th September 2006, 22:38

Hmmm...I don't get that at all.......

Maha
14th September 2006, 22:39

Yeah who was that aimed at RM?......

Patrick
14th September 2006, 22:41
Even KB's sample poll showed who the winner should have been - Lukas came where? A "distant" 4th...

SARGE
14th September 2006, 22:42
next series::::::::

RockStar - Van Halen

that abortion with the former lead singer from Extreme had VH in the bargain bins withing 24 hours

Krayy
15th September 2006, 08:26
... anyhooo.. what do you think for the NEXT RockStar?.. established band needing a singer or an all star band? who?
Lynnard Skynnard, then they can have 5 winners :yes:

Krayy
15th September 2006, 08:30
It makes my head spin...
Say what you will, but I really liked his original song. Hella better than Magni's or Toby's. Dilana's wasn't too bad, and Ryan's was pretty cool too. I think his albums already been cut. Quick turnaround eh?

Fishy
15th September 2006, 08:34
Can't believe they chose punk freak boy / I look like Im gonna vomit when I sing / I dance like a drunk spastic.

I hope they sell f*ck all records!.

Finn
15th September 2006, 08:35
I find it interesting that a lot of you are anti US because Helen told you that you should be, yet you flock like sheep to american trash TV.

Swoop
15th September 2006, 08:41
I find it interesting that a lot of you are anti US because Helen told you that you should be, yet you flock like sheep to american trash TV.

Who's anti American?
And anyway, isn't the goat-strangling freak boy a Canadian...

Joni
15th September 2006, 08:44
Who's anti American?
Swoop dont bite - Finn is just being Finn :rolleyes:

and yes goth boy is Candian...

Anyway, Im over it - it was their choice... I dont agree with it, but hey I dont have to live with it like they will.

Next....

Finn
15th September 2006, 08:45
Who's anti American?

Sorry, must be me generalising again. I do it all the time.

Swoop
15th September 2006, 08:48
Swoop dont bite - Finn is just being Finn :rolleyes:

and yes goth boy is Candian...

Anyway, Im over it - it was their choice... I dont agree with it, but hey I dont have to live with it like they will.
Yes Miss! I'll behave.

Certainly will not be buying their album unless there are some serious singing lessons provided to the goat-strangler...:yes:

The lawsuit about their name was filed before the first episode started and named all 3 band members and also the shows "inventor"...(do not know his name ATM).

ben444
15th September 2006, 09:09
(putting helmet on)

I liked Lucas from day one. I would love to play in a band with him.
There'll be some classic rock coming from his head i feel. I liked Toby and Dilana too, but felt they're to commercial.

Go Lucas!!

(runnining for cover now)

Patrick
15th September 2006, 09:19
Skunk Boy / the munster Wolf Boy / goat strangler / mumble vomit boy - whatever... they are now a lost cause. :bye:

crashe
15th September 2006, 09:23
A picture says a thousand words............ :whistle:
Did Jason really want 'skunk boy' in the band...?

I dont think so :rofl:

http://boards.live.com/Rockstarboards/thread.aspx?ThreadID=90420

Patrick
15th September 2006, 09:40
A picture says a thousand words............ :whistle:
Did Jason really want 'skunk boy' in the band...?

I dont think so :rofl:

http://boards.live.com/Rockstarboards/thread.aspx?ThreadID=90420

Bad timing with the photo... he was the 1st to congratulate him!!! Probably patted him on the arse too... Sour face is because Skunky Wolf Vomit Strangled Goat Boy turned him down.

placidfemme
15th September 2006, 10:33
well now that skunk boy is out the bag...

Through-Out the show, I've missed only 2 or 3 episodes... and even though Dilana has been my pick since day one I've tried to keep an open mind about the other contestants.

I felt Toby had a good chance, but only because of his image, When I think of him I see him in a backstreet boys type band, I honestly don't see him going very far on a solo career.

I really liked Magni from day one too. He has the hard-ass rock look, at least more of a rock look than the rest of them. he is a great singer, songwriter and musician. I thought it was going to be Magni that won.

I have always hated lukas from day one. I can't hear him when he sings, I've tried closing my eyes and just listening to his voice, and even with songs I know, I can't make out what he is saying. IMO he is butt ugly and this song makes me think of him everytime!

"Dear diary,
Mood: apathetic
My life is a spiral downward, and i couldnt get enough money to go to the blood red romance and suffocate me dry concert. It sucks cuz they play some of my favorite songs like "stab my heart because i love you" and "rip apart my soul" and of course "stab you, rip stab stab". And it doesnt help that i couldnt get my hair to do that flippy thing either, like that guy from that band can do some days"
I am an emo kid, non conforming as can be
You'd be non conforming too if you look just like me
I have paint on my nails and make up on my face
I'm almost emo enough to shave my legs
Cuz i feel real deep when I'm dressing in drag
I call it freedom of expression most just call me a fag
Cuz our dudes look like chicks, and our chicks look like dykes
Cuz emo is one step below transvestite
Stop my breathing and slit my throat, i must be emo
I don't jump around when i go to shows
I must be emo
I'm dark and sensitive with low self esteem
The way i dress makes every day feel like Halloween
I have no real problems but i like to make believe
I stole my sister's mascara and now I'm grounded for a week
Sulking and writing poetry are my hobbies
I can't get throw a hawthorn heights album with out sobbing
Girls keep breaking up with me, it's never any fun
They say they already have a pussy, they don't need another one
Stop my breathing and slit my throat, i must be emo
I don't jump around when i go to shows
I must be emo
Dying my hair and polish on my toes
I must be emo
I play guitar and write suicide notes
I must be emo
"My life is just a black abyss you know? It's so dark and it's suffocating me, grabbing a hold of me and tightening its grip. Tighter than a pair of my little sister's jeans, which i look great on me by the way."
When i get depressed, i cut my wrist in every direction
Hearing songs about getting dumped give me an erection
I write in a Livejournal and wear thick rimmed glasses
I told my friends i bleed black and cry during classes
I'm just a bad cheap imitation of Goth
You can read me "catcher in the rye" and watch me jack off
I wear skin tight clothes while hating my life
If i said i like girls I'd only be half right
I look like I'm dead and dress like a homo
I must be emo
Screw x-box, i play old school Nintendo
I must be emo
I like to whine and hit my parentals
I must be emo
Me and my friends all look like clones
I must be emo
"My parents just don't get me you know? They think I'm gay just because they saw me kiss a guy... well a couple guys. But i mean, it's the 2000's now. Can't 2 or 4 dudes make out with out being gay? I mean chicks dig that sort of thing any ways. I don't know diary, some times i think you're the only one that gets me, you're my best friend. I feel like tacos"

As for Dilana... I still think she rocks, and I'd still buy a ticket to her show anytime. But in a way I am glad they didn't pick her. I think she will have a better, and much longer career as a solo artist. Dilana has already toured the USA and Holland on her solo career, this will only make her more popular, and now she can produce a record with whatshisname and have Dave Navaro play guitar on her album... plus she gets to go on tour with The Panic Channel, StupidNova and the houseband... talk about a great oppertunity.

So really... It worked out in the best for Dilana, so I'm happy.

Still can't believe they choose skunk-boy over Magni... what losers

Fishy
15th September 2006, 11:21

+1 :yes: :angry:

placidfemme
15th September 2006, 11:28
lol and this......

Swoop
15th September 2006, 11:40
The house band are damn good!!!
They also have a better insight to the rockers and must be relating this back to Semi-nova.

"D" FZ1
15th September 2006, 11:46
Personally I think Dilana was the best by far. Skunky boy looks like a Fag.

The Pastor
15th September 2006, 11:46
They are so ogingal old supernova, oh wait we cant call them that anymore due to the fact someone better thought of it first.

placidfemme
15th September 2006, 11:57
They are so ogingal old supernova, oh wait we cant call them that anymore due to the fact someone better thought of it first.

yeah they've already announced the new band name:

Just another Emo Band

RiderInBlack
15th September 2006, 11:58
They could call themselves "Stupanova" now cause they've co*ked up bad letting Txting Teens pick a Cabinboy for their Lead Singer.

The Pastor
15th September 2006, 11:59
Really? I though it was "Washed Up Old Music Artists Have No Moeny Left So They threw Together A Lame Tv Show To make Money". Or SELLOUTS for short.

placidfemme
15th September 2006, 12:27
10: The name Super Nova imply a short lived existence. They can't even keep the name

9 : Tommy won't be able to make it through a show without having a stroke.

8 : A Scandal will break out when Gilby is caught with a mp3 player plugged into his guitar while he fakes it.

7 : Jason will quit the band because they didn't listen to him about Lukas' pinched off singing.

6 : The band will be sued because it will turn out all of their riffs came from Mel Bay's Intro to Rock guitar instruction book.

5 : Lukas will have a nervous breakdown going from singing to empty ashtrays to singing to empty Arenas

4 : Band infighting will erupt because there are fewer groupies than band members at the shows.

3 : The band will get lost on the tour bus driving to a gig and no one will bother to find them.

2: Butch Walker torches the entire studio after listening to the playback of SuperNovas' album

1: Lukas overdoses on gravel before a show while preparing his voice for the gig.

sAsLEX
15th September 2006, 12:31
What sucked about the programme was the fact the second half of the season had the same songs as the first , even last night they where jsut repeats wow you sound the same as last time!

And then the second show on the thurs nights would have them sing the same song again, dumb.

SARGE
15th September 2006, 12:38
lol and this......

no... theres no reason to pick him...

EXCEPT THIS.........!

The Pastor
15th September 2006, 12:46
And they killed the verves bittersweet song. Good to see nz music on tv, but I'd rather never see it on tv than lucas singing it.

Indiana_Jones
15th September 2006, 12:52
People on this site watched that crap? lol :D

-Indy

Swoop
15th September 2006, 13:13
And they killed the verves bittersweet song.

"Murdered" would be a more appropriate word to use....

Patrick
15th September 2006, 14:44
Personally I think Dilana was the best by far. Skunky boy looks like a Fag.

Gotta agree there... take a look at Placidfemmes and Sarges picture just above...looks like Jason gets his end away after all...

Patrick
15th September 2006, 14:48
OY!!! Who is adding votes to Skunk Vomit boy???? Game over already...:nono: He came 4th in the KB vote after last nights show... now he is up to 3rd equal???

RiderInBlack
15th September 2006, 16:28
OY!!! Who is adding votes to Skunk Vomit boy???? Game over already...:nono: He came 4th in the KB vote after last nights show... now he is up to 3rd equal???
Well has to be any one of these:
ben444 (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php?u=1480), BigTex (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php?u=7179), Krayy (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php?u=1602), oldguy (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php?u=5097), renegade master (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php?u=1699), sAsLEX (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php?u=623), stify (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php?u=1956)
is they all voted for him (Click here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=580) to see who voted for who:msn-wink: ).

The Pastor
15th September 2006, 16:36
lucas looks the coolest though.

Swoop
15th September 2006, 16:45
lucas looks the coolest though.
Personally I found Storm quite pleasant to look at, but if that's what floats your boat....

SARGE
15th September 2006, 16:49
Personally I found Storm quite pleasant to look at, but if that's what floats your boat....

i liked her too.. she seemed to have the whole WOOOOOO000000Hoooo0000000000OOOOOOO attitude that woulda gone just right that that group..

dealing with the looks first is what got us the Backstreet Boys and NSync Brittney Spears mess..

gone are the days of Bob Dylan, Deep Purple, black Sabbath, the Rolling Stones and Foghat.. now they will only exist as samples in 50 Cent songs

Maha
15th September 2006, 16:53

Wasnt Magni the loser?...... mainly cos' he didnt win?
Thank fuck KBer's werent choosing, at least those 3 guys agreed on the one person they thought would/could lead their group...dont think there are 3 on this thread that aacomplish that..:done: .....:)

Swoop
15th September 2006, 16:53
i liked her too.. she seemed to have the whole WOOOOOO000000Hoooo0000000000OOOOOOO attitude that woulda gone just right that that group..

Also being friends with Jason helped...