PDA

View Full Version : Flame Warrior changes

Joni
21st July 2006, 12:29
I have been inundated with questions regarding the Flame Warrior system.

Firstly: Individual votes are removed after four months.

After a Nomination is two weeks old, it will be deleted if there are ever 0 votes.

As mentioned: postbit scroll is removed after one month but now if you get the 10 votes to win the FW nomination and your avatar and user title changes, you will not be able to change them back until your votes fall below 10. – We are working on streamlining things. For now that is how it is. I will let you know if it changes.

Lastly – to answer your question Crashe you cannot remove your vote once you have voted for someone. It either expires after 4 months. Or if you vote for someone else in the same category it will be removed from the first person (i.e. you can only vote for one person in each category.

The only answer I don’t have yet is TL Riders (will get back to you)

Guys remember it all in good fun - dont take things too seriously.

:doobey:

crashe
21st July 2006, 12:33
Thanks Joni for responding back....

Much appreciated.

GR81
21st July 2006, 12:36
the whole thing sounds like a pain in the bum... just remove it! haha

The_Dover
21st July 2006, 12:39
Quick question for you.

What was TLRiders question?

Big Dave
21st July 2006, 12:42
Fuck that. (not picking on you sorry Joni)
The concept of the site arbitrarily imposing anything completely blows. Particularly the identity or the representation of the participants.

I take anything that has my name and reputation on it seriously.

See if you can change it - or the option I guess is to just bail till it expires because I don't wish to post under the picture of a nonce.

Ixion
21st July 2006, 12:59
What happens if someone who is already voted Flame Warrior X gets voted as Flame Warrior Y

eg Sarge is presently voted as Centurion. What happens if, before the Centurion vote expires, we all vote him as Pinko ? (yes, my mind DOES work that way) .

Hitcher
21st July 2006, 13:24
I don't "get" the flame warrior thing. But that's probably some Darwinian thing...

Korea
21st July 2006, 13:46
Fuck that. (not picking on you sorry Joni)
The concept of the site arbitrarily imposing anything completely blows. Particularly the identity or the representation of the participants.

I take anything that has my name and reputation on it seriously.

See if you can change it - or the option I guess is to just bail till it expires because I don't wish to post under the picture of a nonce.
Well obviously someone thinks you earned it. If the shoe fits, wear it with pride :niceone:

Big Dave
21st July 2006, 13:58
Well obviously someone thinks you earned it. If the shoe fits, wear it with pride :niceone:

No way. You've just confirmed something for me however.

I'm out of here till it changes. Someone send me an email if/when it changes.

DB out for now.

Joni
21st July 2006, 19:28
We are working on streamlining things. For now that is how it is. I will let you know if it changes.ok we have finished the changes. Users should be able to change their avatar two weeks after winning the vote - so its not permanent/long term.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=691943#post691943

boomer
21st July 2006, 19:44
dave ya nonce!!

James Deuce
21st July 2006, 19:47
While we're at it, where's my weenie votes people?

ajturbo
21st July 2006, 19:50
as i don't have the my pic turned on.. i wouldn't even know if it has been changed:nya:

Biff
21st July 2006, 21:40
While we're at it, where's my weenie votes people?

You did ask.

Str8 Jacket
21st July 2006, 21:48
You did ask.

Too true.... Love ya work mate!

inlinefour
22nd July 2006, 00:15
I see that things have changed. Although I get the impression that if you don't make an acceptance speach and even have 10+ nominations for the same flame warrior, that your avator etc does not change? Might want to keep this in mind if true for those who recieve nominations, looks like it might actually be a way around the whole thing...

inlinefour
10th August 2006, 15:52
I see that things have changed. Although I get the impression that if you don't make an acceptance speach and even have 10+ nominations for the same flame warrior, that your avator etc does not change? Might want to keep this in mind if true for those who recieve nominations, looks like it might actually be a way around the whole thing...

Just noticed that the above is in fact incorrect. However there is one person who has not had the changes insigated as per everyone else. Kinda makes the whole flame warrior concept a load of bollocks IMO, not that I really care though. Whats the point in having it if it does not aply for everyone? Personally I think its a great laught, not to be taken seriously, at all...

SpankMe
10th August 2006, 15:57
However there is one person who has not had the changes insigated as per everyone else.

Or it could be a bug. It something is not working the way you think it should, let me know the details so I can fix it.