PDA

View Full Version : Turbo on a 250?

nezorf
21st July 2006, 22:00
is it posible to turbo a standard 250 engine? and wot turbo would b small enouth? it just a random throught :yes: :first:

bugjuice
21st July 2006, 22:33
you can turbo almost anything..
I've seen 250s and less with turbos, and even some with compressors (spelt with a K if you work for Mercedes)..

It's all relevant for the size of the turbo vs size of the engine vs size of the required power

Virago
21st July 2006, 22:36
Wasn't Trubo an American president?:doobey:

nezorf
21st July 2006, 22:38
sun thing like a rs250 nsr250 rgv250 cbr250 ect

Ixion
21st July 2006, 22:41
Guys. I tell you, this lad's a natural. I love it. Trubo.

I praked my trubo charged crusier in the gargre. My new trubo's real tring - like most boi-racer stuff.

ZeroIndex
21st July 2006, 22:47
Guys. I tell you, this lad's a natural. I love it. Trubo.

I praked my trubo charged crusier in the gargre. My new trubo's real tring - like most boi-racer stuff.
hahaha funny

nezorf
21st July 2006, 22:50
Guys. I tell you, this lad's a natural. I love it. Trubo. .

look at the other threads ppl think i dumb and shouldnt get a bike coz i cant spell

car turbos are 2 big and bikes wont spin then. i knew sum cruzers are turboes bit dat it

bugjuice
21st July 2006, 22:53
suzuki do a 900cc car (cappachino?) with a turbo.. that'd be a nice size..

MarkAuckland had a bloody pit bike with a turbo on it. I'd get 4 of those and put one on each cylinder, with different pitched blow off valves..

Biohazard
21st July 2006, 23:37
sun thing like a rs250 nsr250 rgv250 cbr250 ect

Ah...now you'll have to make ya mind up , do you want a 4 or a 2 stroke bike ???...4 stroke Turbos are easier to set up...2 stroke turbos major head fuck tbh (but i could be wrong, has been a while since I fooked about with turbos).

98tls
22nd July 2006, 07:36
how about a turbo off a GT charade GT ti....i would imagine very expensive to set up but sure would be something different.:yes: you can buy a kit with fuel to air intercooler but its up around $7-8ooo.takes for instance a yamaha zeals power from 28hp to 85 at 16000 rpm.

acewheelie
22nd July 2006, 07:44
Why don't you just get a bigger bike, cheaper in the long run. Factory standard turbo bikes had different compression ratios and stronger engine components than standard machines. I guy I used to work with had a CX500 turbo, and reckoned it was frightening in and out of corners, because of lag and boost timing.

nezorf
22nd July 2006, 08:25
i was thinking of a 2 stroke becoz of more power to begin with. but i dont know much a bout bike so might heve to get a 4 stroke

nezorf
22nd July 2006, 08:27
i will be getting my learners so so will be able to get up 2 250cc

dangerous
22nd July 2006, 08:52
I guy I used to work with had a CX500 turbo, and reckoned it was frightening in and out of corners, because of lag and boost timing.
Easy things to sort I had no problems, and at the end of the day ya best of learning to ride it beter and avoiding the power comming on at the wrong time and keep the revs out of the lag.

look at the other threads ppl think i dumb and shouldnt get a bike coz i cant spell

car turbos are 2 big and bikes wont spin then. i knew sum cruzers are turboes bit dat it
nezorf/frozen for fuck sake mate, not being able to spell is one thing, but useing text and crude spelling even puts the shits up me, try harder will ya.

Nothing wrong with car turbos, they come in all sizes and shapes even a skyline turbo will work on a 750cc one advantage is you dont need a wast gate.

Colapop
22nd July 2006, 10:50
i will be getting my learners so so will be able to get up 2 250cc
What you should do is get 2 bikes. Get a good road legal bike that you can ride (safely) and you dobn't need to work on. That way you've got a bike that doesn't rwuire anything (and you're riding). The second bike you want is probably something like a 4 stroke 250 that needs some work. It doesn't have to be road going (or going for that matter) but it does need to be able to be fixed. Before you think about how you can turbo it, learn how it works, how it fits together, and what you can do to change it's performance. Once you have that learned knowledge fitting and tuning a turbo will be easy. As a bonus you'll be able to tune and service your road going bike.

Just my 2c. But I reckon you should focus on the basics first.

onearmedbandit
22nd July 2006, 10:53
iz nezorf reelated 2 you dangerous?

nezorf
22nd July 2006, 16:11
What you should do is get 2 bikes. Get a good road legal bike that you can ride (safely) and you dobn't need to work on. That way you've got a bike that doesn't rwuire anything (and you're riding). The second bike you want is probably something like a 4 stroke 250 that needs some work. It doesn't have to be road going (or going for that matter) but it does need to be able to be fixed. Before you think about how you can turbo it, learn how it works, how it fits together, and what you can do to change it's performance. Once you have that learned knowledge fitting and tuning a turbo will be easy. As a bonus you'll be able to tune and service your road going bike.

Just my 2c. But I reckon you should focus on the basics first.

good idea i know nothing about bikes excet how a engine works 2 strokes just have the same stroke do 2 thinks unlike 4 stroke. base engine knowlage piston goes up down conected to the crankshaft by sum thing and turns the crank shaft. electrons im studying at school so know basic but not bike electrons. but i good at fiddling with stuf then putting it back to gether. will have people to help me.

any one know were to get a going but not road worthy bike?

nezorf
22nd July 2006, 16:14
nezorf/frozen for fuck sake mate,

you are the first person to pick up it frozen backwards

Colapop
22nd July 2006, 17:31
try here (http://auto.howstuffworks.com/engine.htm) for a basic description of a 4 stroke engine works. There are other sites that have a lot more in depth stuff but I just got home from trugby so I'm tired and don't wanna find them...

pete376403
28th July 2006, 21:26
Go to a technical books store and get "Turbocharges" by Hugh MacInness"
He knows his stuff - designed turbos for Rajay iin the 70s and tho this is old, is still relevant. As to how small you can go with turbos, in that book is a picture of a tiny turbo sitting no larger than the 35mm film cassette box alongside.
This pic is the cover of the book.

R6_kid
28th July 2006, 21:46
hmmm, why dont you learn to ride first? By the time you've got 'use' to a 250 you can think of doing turbo and shit. Truth be told, unless your a rich brat, or you like living in debt its not a viable option. And trust me, the step from 250 to 600 is better than putting a fucking turbo on a 250.

The Pastor
30th July 2006, 16:17
And go study "typing in english 101".