PDA

View Full Version : Road testing bikes with reg on hold

Hawkeye
22nd July 2006, 07:29
I've got a mate who is currently looking for a new bike. However. A number of them have their reg on hold. Does anyone know of the rules around this. Some of these are from dealers. My question is - whilst out road testing, if he gets stopped and the bike reg is on hold, will he get ticketed? Or is there discretion around this as long as it's from a dealer? The same probably goes for the WOF. Buying from a dealer, you will get a new WOF, but they are not going to put a WOF on it until purchased!

acewheelie
22nd July 2006, 07:35
The dealer can get around this by putting a demo plate on it.

sAsLEX
22nd July 2006, 09:17
UNlikely to get stopped in all honesty, and then he will be given his Road Use Tax and thats it probally. They need some many tickets and hour, a ticket with multiple infringements on it aint any better for them.

Ie I been stopped plenty san WOF or REG or L plate or Wrong License and only ever recieved my road tax

scumdog
22nd July 2006, 12:06
UNlikely to get stopped in all honesty, and then he will be given his Road Use Tax and thats it probally. They need some many tickets and hour, a ticket with multiple infringements on it aint any better for them.

Ie I been stopped plenty san WOF or REG or L plate or Wrong License and only ever recieved my road tax

WRONG!
As soon as a check on the vehicle number comes back it will show as 'expired'

And a ticket with three offences counts as three tickets.

Otherwise we would have to stop you on three sperate occassions (50 metres apart?) to issue three seperate tickets to get three 'contacts' - and you would really be pissed-off by the third one!!

If you DIDN'T get all the tickets you could have got then it means some low-life money-grabbing arshehole of a pig has let you off the other tickets - and they NEVER do that, right?:wait:

Just imagine:
Speeding $120
No wof $200
No reg $200
No 'L' plate $400

Your 'road tax' only of $120 seems very cheap then eh?

sAsLEX
22nd July 2006, 12:09
WRONG!
As soon as a check on the vehicle number comes back it will show as 'expired'

And a ticket with three offences counts as three tickets.

Otherwise we would have to stop you on three sperate occassions (50 metres apart?) to issue three seperate tickets to get three 'contacts' - and you would really be pissed-off by the third one!!

If you DIDN'T get all the tickets you could have got then it means some low-life money-grabbing arshehole of a pig has let you off the other tickets - and they NEVER do that, right?:wait:

OK sooo you get one ticket with three offences (ie three tickets) but its still only one contact which some use as the their performance indicator. Whats your internal memo say ??

And I do relise that these pigs, as you call them, did show a touch of leniancy .

and 120 is pretty cheap as far as road tax goes! 24 over is 170 according to the infringemen notice infront of me so how fast is $120?

EDIT: Cheers for the PM it was not clear above that each individual offence was a Contact, so the guy BikeyCop got who nearly took him out and was done for like 5 or six things was a doosey for his performance indicator that shift!!

Toast
22nd July 2006, 12:12
Your 'road tax' only of $120 seems very cheap then eh?

$120...fark that is a bargain...I got screwed on mine...

scumdog
22nd July 2006, 12:22
$120...fark that is a bargain...I got screwed on mine...

The sliding scale slides pretty damn fast when you get a little faster eh?

Hawkeye
22nd July 2006, 15:18
So what I'm hearing here is - even if it's from a dealer, if you take a bike for a test ride that has no wof or the reg is on hold, it's illegal and you can get done. How the hell are you supposed to check a bike out?

Mr. Peanut
22nd July 2006, 15:45
Somewhere quiet.... :yes:

scumdog
22nd July 2006, 18:05
So what I'm hearing here is - even if it's from a dealer, if you take a bike for a test ride that has no wof or the reg is on hold, it's illegal and you can get done. How the hell are you supposed to check a bike out?
Check with the dealer about the W.O.F. but as long as it has his yellow plate on it you should be covered.

Hawkeye
22nd July 2006, 22:37
Check with the dealer about the W.O.F. but as long as it has his yellow plate on it you should be covered.

Cheers scumdog. I'll let my mate know.

Patch
22nd July 2006, 23:55
Bah, only test ride bikes with magic mirrors and jammers. An if ya do see one :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: