PDA

View Full Version : Talk about Conspiracy: Who Killed the Electric Car

merv
22nd July 2006, 12:53
Went to this movie at the film festival last night at the Penthouse in Brooklyn and it was a fantastic look into the conspiracy of big business in the USA.

To see all those poor little GM EV1's being taken away on the car carriers to be crushed while their loved ones (owners, including celebrities) looked on in tears was reminiscent of the holocaust.

If you want to see it you can catch it at its second showing at the Embassy on Sunday 6 Aug at 10.30am. Good for a wet day look if that's how it turns out that day.

p.s. why the hell am I sitting home on the PC on a nice day like this? Because bugger I've gone and got a lurg and I want to shake it off before taking in another movie tonight (no not the rugby - not my thing).

Macktheknife
22nd July 2006, 12:57
OIL COMPANIES... they couldnt afford to have a GOOD replacement come out. They were the best things ever developed and they could really move too.

T.W.R
22nd July 2006, 13:27
Oil companies control almost everything. That car is just one example of what they've shutdown for their own benefit, they even want to get rid of the example that's sitting in the Smithsonian Institute.
Paranoid corruption fuelled by greed for money.

Brian d marge
22nd July 2006, 13:35
The two people who killed the electric car

Sir clive Sinclair ( C5) ..actually a good concept ,,,but

and David Ike

Actually there was a program on web tv , hosted by John cleese all about alternative vehicles ,,,and the future is bright

Hybrid isw the exciting field ... the one I like was a hydrogen cell platform that you could clip differing bodies to ,,,like a swatch

all fly by wire ...and they had it working , the pre production one ,,the platform was to big , so they were working to reduce the thickness....

and if you want a laugh ..watch David ike ///:doobey:

Stephen

Mental Trousers
22nd July 2006, 13:51
Personally I would've reported mine stolen and hidden the thing somewhere nobody could ever find it then gone to the media and made a hell of a lot of noise about how someone stole it cos obviously they believe GM wrecking them is wrong etc. The oil companies would probably jump in and try and find it, but that'd only prove that the whole concept of the EV1 is a threat to them. And it would probably have encouraged other EV1 owners to do the same, giving support to the message.

Winston001
22nd July 2006, 14:00
Oil companies control almost everything. That car is just one example of what they've shutdown for their own benefit, they even want to get rid of the example that's sitting in the Smithsonian Institute.
Paranoid corruption fuelled by greed for money.

Ok, the Smithsonian exhibit was removed because it was thought to be uninteresting and the space was needed. Some electric car enthusiasts also objected to it being on display because it was deemed a failure - and they thought it sent the wrong message to the public.

As for the oil companies conspiracy - if you investigate these businesses you'll see they are decades ahead of us in their thinking. They know oil is disappearing and they are moving to own new technologies. One day they'll change their names and sell out of oil technology altogether. Eg. instead Mobil Energy will sell fuel cells, hydrogen etc.

T.W.R
22nd July 2006, 16:20
Ok, the Smithsonian exhibit was removed because it was thought to be uninteresting and the space was needed. Some electric car enthusiasts also objected to it being on display because it was deemed a failure - and they thought it sent the wrong message to the public.

As for the oil companies conspiracy - if you investigate these businesses you'll see they are decades ahead of us in their thinking. They know oil is disappearing and they are moving to own new technologies. One day they'll change their names and sell out of oil technology altogether. Eg. instead Mobil Energy will sell fuel cells, hydrogen etc.

They still want to scrap the Smithsonian exhibit though, not just park it way somewhere out of the public eye.

And exactly with the oil companies they don't want new technology coming from outside sources, they want the control & dominance of what happens and when it happens. No equal playing field for the smaller, they just squash them out of existance to maintain their control.

WINJA
22nd July 2006, 16:59
i love movies like that , ill be sure to watch it on dvd

merv
22nd July 2006, 17:35
I was expecting it to be a low budget sort of documentary but it was very well done like a Michael Moorer type of movie - Mrs enjoyed it too.

Brian d marge
25th July 2006, 11:49
If I were an oil company , I would be buyin Ethanol both land /factorys

I was watching a documentory on cold fusion last nite, seemed they could produce over unity engines ,,they had a few running

One was a Briggs and scrap iron ,,,they even said that with the way nuclear things are going, they may be able to reverse engineer the nuke waste to make it non redioactive

Lot of Hokey ,,,but would be nice if they could

Stephen

Winston001
25th July 2006, 13:20
If you are interested in fusion, there is an international project in France. http://www.iter.org/

Pixie
25th July 2006, 16:20
If I were an oil company , I would be buyin Ethanol both land /factorys

I was watching a documentory on cold fusion last nite, seemed they could produce over unity engines ,,they had a few running

One was a Briggs and scrap iron ,,,they even said that with the way nuclear things are going, they may be able to reverse engineer the nuke waste to make it non redioactive

Lot of Hokey ,,,but would be nice if they could

Stephen
There was a guy on tv last year that made bike that ran on water :whocares:

DougB
25th July 2006, 16:27
I have an electric car stowed away somewhere, (my son knows where) it is a small three wheeled two seater with tiller steering made on an English milk delivery float chassis. Doubt I could use it legally now. It was registered in NZ and used in Napier before I swapped a steam engine for it.

I did not believe that big companys squashed projects until I observed it happen several years ago when several viabile steam driven cars were being made. The Lear steam car and bus were equal to even todays modern equivalents. Lear is the man who designed the famous Lear jet plane.

GM "designed" a steam car that would not work. They even had a gear box, which is completly unecessary and useless in a piston engined steamer. They made much public fanfare about how it would not work. Bastards.

If Doble had invented the flash steam boiler before Dodge?
invented the self starter we would be driving steam cars today. The flash boiler could get up steam in under two minutes, the older Stanleys took twenty minutes. Back then the main reason for not buying a petrol car was to avoid having your wrist broken by the crank handle during a back fire.

I was going to build a steam motorscooter a few years back using already tried and tested plans, but never got around to it.

Some steam bikes on this site also about Doble.
http://www.stanleysteamers.com/gagan.htm

Did you know that the first known motorcycle fatality tool place on a steam bike!!!