PDA

View Full Version : Are KB rides now Gang Related?

Jantar
22nd July 2006, 19:42
There is an interesting letter in the Dispatch Rider section of the latest Bike Rider Magazine. It concerns a group of 12 riders on Harleys, from the Otaki area. All riders are in the late 40s or 50s. Initially one of the riders was pulled over for speeding. He was asked what gang he was with, given a warning and sent on his way with the rest of the group at their steady speed of 100 kmh. The cop followed the group, then another cop joined in, then another. Finally there were 8 cop cars and a Bike cop when the entire group was pulled over for a rego and warrant check. Again they were asked about this Ulysses gang that they were all members of.

But the real kicker came whaen they were told that they constituted an "Unlawfull Assembly". Thats right, more than three people constitute an Unlawful asembly. So if you and your mate want to go for a ride, thats Ok, but add a another couple and its illegal.

I know this law is rarely invoked. It was used during the 1951 dockyard strikes, and again in 1971 against three Otago University Students (one is now a KBer :innocent: ), but I haven't heard of it being used since.

So for future KB rides, if you are expecting more than 3 riders, make sure you go to the nearest police station and get a permit to meet.

Sketchy_Racer
22nd July 2006, 19:45
well thats complete and utter BULLSHIT.

Cops can go shove it up their arse pipe....

eliot-ness
22nd July 2006, 19:52
In the early 1970s Gideon Tait, the police comissioner at that time, used the new "unlawful assembly law" to arrest large numbers of bikies. His mission was to get bikies off the road. Don't think it's been used since but it's still on the books

sunhuntin
22nd July 2006, 19:56
what a load of bulldust! if they were going the speed limit, not riding in a dangerous manner or causing trouble, wtf is the problem? fucking cops...there was more than 3 of them, so does that same "law" count for them??

Jantar
22nd July 2006, 20:00
what a load of bulldust! if they were going the speed limit, not riding in a dangerous manner or causing trouble, wtf is the problem? ...??

I think the problem was that they were all Ulysses members. You know: Grow Old Disgracefully.

Mr. Peanut
22nd July 2006, 20:00
OoooOooh a word on a piece of paper, *tremble*

:motu:

sunhuntin
22nd July 2006, 20:15
I think the problem was that they were all Ulysses members. You know: Grow Old Disgracefully.

last time i rode with a group, there was a ulysses guy there....he overtook me, and then at the end had a go at me about my riding...he had a huge bike that took up way too much road, and he didnt allow me sufficient slowing/braking room. total jerk. due to that, i wont ride with that group on the off chance hell show up. actually, the whole club here are pathetic and think they are above everyone...even people older than them who also ride.
but the ulysses in question, ive likely never met, so can only assume their only "crime" is riding harleys in formation.

Jantar
22nd July 2006, 20:21
Duno about Dispatch Rider though, never heard about it?.
Dispatch Rider is the Letters to the Editor section of the mag. The letter in question was written by one of the riders.

Motu
22nd July 2006, 20:22
Yeah,we used to have that in the '70's,we weren't allowed to ride in big groups.Never really got pulled over for it,but they used to pull us over a lot,try and break us up.Lots of hassling,questions,bike and licence check - it was just part of life,part of the game.....we egged them on to get them riled up.Ok when you are in your late teens early '20's - dunno about in my '50's.

2much
22nd July 2006, 20:29
Haha thats classic!

Actually, I know of a certain KB member who has been banned from riding with Ulysses for life! lol

And I'm sure he was real cut up about it :lol:

His choice if he wants to own up :blip:

Meanie
22nd July 2006, 20:41
What a croc of shit

That law needs a review

vs04
22nd July 2006, 20:43
last time i rode with a group, there was a ulysses guy there....he overtook me, and then at the end had a go at me about my riding...he had a huge bike that took up way too much road, and he didnt allow me sufficient slowing/braking room. total jerk. due to that, i wont ride with that group on the off chance hell show up. actually, the whole club here are pathetic and think they are above everyone...even people older than them who also ride.
but the ulysses in question, ive likely never met, so can only assume their only "crime" is riding harleys in formation.
Hi sunhuntin.That sounds like the ride to ohakea museum last month.If so i know of the guy in question,dont worry about him,it dose,nt take much to get him upset as my wife and i found out.I,ll pm you and let you know what happened if you like,quite funny.

kevie
22nd July 2006, 21:11

I know a few Wanganui Ulysses members and they,re good guys, you find in all groups they have a few that give the group bad names with varying personalities, standards and habits.
I personally also wont join Ulysses... only cos I been told im not wanted in it LMAO thats fine with me, I joined an alternate group that im happy in

Ixion
22nd July 2006, 21:27

Sort of reason I don't belong to Ulysses. Suspect they wouldn't have me anyway though, the "grow old disgracefully" thing is actually just a wank methinks.

WINJA
22nd July 2006, 21:59
ulyses , first they were getting hassled by gangs and now their getting hassled by the pigs , looks like no one likes try hard look alike gang members

sunhuntin
22nd July 2006, 22:19
Hi sunhuntin.That sounds like the ride to ohakea museum last month.If so i know of the guy in question,dont worry about him,it dose,nt take much to get him upset as my wife and i found out.I,ll pm you and let you know what happened if you like,quite funny.

thats the one. sure, send me the details, lol. i actually bunked early and went to sanson markets. couldnt be arsed waiting around looking at bits of planes...i prefer my planes whole [like the two that were outside!] so i was a tad disappointed.

Deano
22nd July 2006, 22:20
I don't know any of those mad cunts up ahead orificer, never seen em before, certainly not part of any gang...

andrea
22nd July 2006, 22:24
yeah your right looks like it needs to be reveiwed, or maybe those cops were just trying to cause abit of trouble. have to watch out for those new recruits and of course the lady cops ive been told they can be pretty mean. ive been for my basic handling with john up in browns rd in manurewa he's in the ulysses club he seems ok, but i have heard a not so nice rumour bout him though. hmm

Deano
22nd July 2006, 22:31
What about that group of cars there...and that group...and that one there ....look, gangs of cars bloody everywhere.

sunhuntin
22nd July 2006, 22:31
Sort of reason I don't belong to Ulysses. Suspect they wouldn't have me anyway though, the "grow old disgracefully" thing is actually just a wank methinks.

yeh...had a woman come into work...mad as a loon and trying to get back into bikes. said shed approached the ulysses and theyd flat told her to bugger off. i told her to go triumph, lol.

scumdog
23rd July 2006, 05:31
There is an interesting letter in the Dispatch Rider section of the latest Bike Rider Magazine. It concerns a group of 12 riders on Harleys, from the Otaki area. All riders are in the late 40s or 50s. Initially one of the riders was pulled over for speeding. He was asked what gang he was with, given a warning and sent on his way with the rest of the group at their steady speed of 100 kmh. The cop followed the group, then another cop joined in, then another. Finally there were 8 cop cars and a Bike cop when the entire group was pulled over for a rego and warrant check. Again they were asked about this Ulysses gang that they were all members of.

Meh , given the knowledge/attitude of some who should know better in NZP I'm not surprised.

Tell ya 'bout it one day Jantar.

Bonez
23rd July 2006, 07:12
p/t If you ever seen the way some Ulyssians misbehave I'm not surprised they got pulled over p/t

Being a Ulysses member myself I'm sure those on that run are switched on enough to write a few letters, pound on their local MPs doors and do a few other things to educate local constablary.

How does the "Justice Gang"-a bunch of lawyers,cops and other professionals in the "justice/law enforcement" system riding m/c get on down south :)

Nicksta
23rd July 2006, 08:09
hmmmm so i guess i cant go riding with 3 of my friends at once anymore.....
maybe we should have 4 people in a cage and see if we get the same result???

Back Fire
23rd July 2006, 08:17
I would imagine.....

sounds like a valid point to me, but still seems harsh......

Quasievil
23rd July 2006, 08:30
Well the ulysess are a pack of beer drinking mindless thugs who take pride in terrorising innocent New Zealanders, they should be harrassed as often as possible by every agency in the land, we have to keep these people under control !!! their next move from the ulysess is bowling clubs and we all know what those lowlifes get up to, sunday comes round, they don on their gang colours and attack each other with mindless chatter not to mention pointless attacks on finely tuned turf.
Where does New Zealanders draw the line..................where?

spudchucka
23rd July 2006, 09:42
Smells like bullshit to me, not what was intended by the Act.

Summary Offences Act 1981

[5A.Disorderly assembly—

(1)A disorderly assembly is an assembly of 3 or more persons who, in any public place, assemble in such a manner, or so conduct themselves when assembled, as to cause a person in the immediate vicinity of the assembly to fear on reasonable grounds that the persons so assembled—

(a)Will use violence against persons or property; or

(b)Will commit an offence against section 3 of this Act—

in that vicinity.

(2)Every person is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 3 months or a fine not exceeding [[$2,000]], who, being a participant in a disorderly assembly and having been warned by a constable to disperse or otherwise desist from such an assembly, without reasonable excuse,—

(a)Continues to participate in the disorderly assembly; or

(b)Having desisted from that disorderly assembly, participates in another disorderly assembly in circumstances in which it is reasonable to deem the warning to have applied to the new assembly as well as the original one.

(3)This section shall not apply to any group of persons who assemble in any public place for the purpose of demonstrating support for, or opposition to, or otherwise publicising, any point of view, cause, or campaign.]

DingDong
23rd July 2006, 09:48
Well the ulysess are a pack of beer drinking mindless thugs who take pride in terrorising innocent New Zealanders, they should be harrassed as often as possible by every agency in the land, we have to keep these people under control !!! their next move from the ulysess is bowling clubs and we all know what those lowlifes get up to, sunday comes round, they don on their gang colours and attack each other with mindless chatter not to mention pointless attacks on finely tuned turf.
Where does New Zealanders draw the line..................where?

LOL... the side of the law you stand on, changes with your perspective of the situation... most of us have never seen a Ulysess group breaking the law because we're shooting by the geri's while they're recharging their pace-makers... but the police see their 10k infringment and boost it outta proportion because they also see HD's and hot chicks with breasts hanging out:nono:

My advice to Ulysess members... ride at such a speed that the cops cant catch you:doobey:

Pixie
23rd July 2006, 09:56
A lot of cops do not know about the Ulysses group
True,but then, a lot of cops don't know the end of their gastro-intestinal tract from the joint of their humerus and radius and ulna.

Pixie
23rd July 2006, 10:02
On the subject of Ulysses members.I haven't ridden with any,but several of my friends have,and won't in the future.
It seems as they grow old disgracefully they suffer rapid senility as well.

far queue
23rd July 2006, 10:14
boost it outta proportion because they also see HD's and hot chicks with breasts hanging out
A Ulyssean with breasts hanging out :shit: :puke: Thanks for THAT picture, I've just had breakfast !

Maha
23rd July 2006, 10:50
True,but then, a lot of cops don't know the end of their gastro-intestinal tract from the joint of their humerus and radius and ulna.
I wouldnt know my arse form elbow either...........:nya:

Maha
23rd July 2006, 10:53
Ulysess?...... i have a mate that has trouble with that word... it come out Usilly's.......:killingme

Jantar
23rd July 2006, 17:45
Yeah im with you. It was probably dorkauckland writing in wishing to be the man
No. It was a Mr Gary Wilson from Otaki.

How about you go and buy a copy of the magazine and read it for yourself.

Paul in NZ
23rd July 2006, 18:10
No. It was a Mr Gary Wilson from Otaki.

How about you go and buy a copy of the magazine and read it for yourself.

I did - I read it - and, with the greatest respect to Mr Wilson, having seen some of these guys - um - I'm not really amazed the police guys got it wrong. On close inspection they are NOT gang members but - well they like a lot of the same stuff and shop in the same stores. There is a risk in doing that methinks... Cops were still a bit daft though yet methinks the truth lies some where between the 2 parties?? It often does..

HOG rides don't usually have so many guys called 'Animal' along for the trip..

Anyhow - I bought the damn thing cos it had a comparo with a 68 TR6C / 900 Scrambler which apart from the piccies was an utter waste of my money.

I could barely read the rest. Has it gone to the dogs or something? There was some trip report involving HD's (in the non cruiser section) and real MC gangs which raised my eyebrows and had me refering back to the cover - nope - it ain't 'Twin eagle"... Hmmmm...

Pretty sure thats the last copy I'll pay for....

bobsmith
24th July 2006, 09:03
HD's and hot chicks with breasts hanging out:nono:

My advice to Ulysess members... ride at such a speed that the cops cant catch you:doobey:

AHHH BAD BAD BAD MENTAL IMAGE!!!, MY G/F's FATHER IS A ULYSSESS MEMBER DAMN IT!!!

On a side note, he has been known to ride at such a speed that the cops can't catch him occationally... either that or he just likes to scare the fuck out of me whenever he takes me out on the back of his bike... Hmmm maybe he's trying to tell me something............ :confused:

Paul in NZ
24th July 2006, 09:44
AHHH BAD BAD BAD MENTAL IMAGE!!!, MY G/F's FATHER IS A ULYSSESS MEMBER DAMN IT!!!

On a side note, he has been known to ride at such a speed that the cops can't catch him occationally... either that or he just likes to scare the fuck out of me whenever he takes me out on the back of his bike... Hmmm maybe he's trying to tell me something............ :confused:

probly wants you to get your tits out...

ZeroIndex
24th July 2006, 10:23

But the real kicker came whaen they were told that they constituted an "Unlawfull Assembly". Thats right, more than three people constitute an Unlawful asembly. So if you and your mate want to go for a ride, thats Ok, but add a another couple and its illegal.

I know this law is rarely invoked. It was used during the 1951 dockyard strikes, and again in 1971 against three Otago University Students (one is now a KBer :innocent: ), but I haven't heard of it being used since.

So for future KB rides, if you are expecting more than 3 riders, make sure you go to the nearest police station and get a permit to meet.
the other day, i saw a line of cars.. doesn't the law apply to them too? but seriously.. that's gotta apply to boi-ricers..

SDU
24th July 2006, 11:51
the other day, i saw a line of cars.. doesn't the law apply to them too? but seriously.. that's gotta apply to boi-ricers..

I've heard it has been used on them here to break up groups to try to stop them street racing.

A few years ago that law was used to stop the Harris brothers & associates getting together in numbers here in CHCH. Wonder how they got on with family functions.

sunhuntin
24th July 2006, 13:49

think it semi applies to trucks and motorhomes...but simply so there aint lines of 50 holding up traffic....when the motorhome association had their gathering across from work, the guy told me they were only allowed to leave in 2s or 3s, to avoid blocking the roads.

Patrick
24th July 2006, 14:06
well thats complete and utter BULLSHIT.

Cops can go shove it up their arse pipe....

And you fell for the bullshit.... :niceone:...along with so many others before and after this post!!!!

buellbabe
24th July 2006, 14:31
Find this story a but far fetched. A motorcycle cop who had not heard of Ulysses ??? Come on, it was beleiveable till then.
yeah I'm finding it abit strange too, come on coppers.... the U-sillies have been around since Adam was a cowboy...

ManDownUnder
24th July 2006, 14:41
The cop followed the group, then another cop joined in, then another. Finally there were 8 cop cars and a Bike cop when the entire group was pulled over for a rego and warrant check. Again they were asked about this Ulysses gang that they were all members of.

Thats right, more than three people constitute an Unlawful asembly. So if you and your mate want to go for a ride, thats Ok, but add a another couple and its illegal.

I hope the cops had their permit handy too - I mean... they assembled 9 of them...

ManDownUnder
24th July 2006, 14:42
I wouldnt know my arse form elbow either...........:nya:

There's a really simple "scratch and sniff" test that'll answer your questions for you

Silage
2nd August 2006, 19:59
in 1971 against three Otago University Students (one is now a KBer :innocent: )

Jantar you trouble-maker, who would have guessed. Must hear that story at the next rally.

terbang
2nd August 2006, 20:24
Yup sounds like a bullshit story to me and if it isn't then what a draconian law. Twould be an interesting case to see a bunch of KBers getting done in this way..
Im not a Ulysses member but I have been on a couple of their rides as a guest. One, up North on me old bandit, was a real hoot and as fast, if not faster, than some of the KBer ones Ive been on with some highly skilled riders on hot machinery. A couple of them were real oldies that definatly still had it. I had to push me old girl well over 200 Kliks quite a few times just to keep up while donating a fair bit of my exhaust and centrestand to the northland roading. The other ride had too many criusers on it to really get my heart pumping but they were a top bunch of blokes and rode in a sensible manner.
Not all of them are to be scorned at..
I prefer the KB concept without commitees and bylaws ETC that is not exclusive to one group (christians or oldies or whatever) and enjoy the rides which is why we are all here..Eh?

The Pastor
3rd August 2006, 22:19
Just a quick note

how does one pronounce " Ulysses" I always read it as "use-less" :nya:

ZeroIndex
3rd August 2006, 23:43
Just a quick note

how does one pronounce " Ulysses" I always read it as "use-less" :nya:
U-Sillies..

Skyryder
4th August 2006, 18:26
U-Sillies..

Or U liss ezz.

Skyryder

scumdog
4th August 2006, 22:40
I'm in the KB gang AND also BRONZ, don't tell the boss.

Dangerous is Gang Leader.
Rashika is Road Captain
I'm Chief Clown :nya: :nya: :nya: :nya:

Patches and Rockers next rally. (Pissed Penguin, any other going to be there???)

gamgee
4th August 2006, 22:50
Or U liss ezz.

Skyryder
useless(at)weez

Maha
4th August 2006, 22:56
Zero was right..U silly's.......:nya:

davereid
8th August 2006, 14:03
The whole thread is crap anyway. I know the guys and girls in the Kapiti Ulysses Club. Only one Harley in the whole club. Got a Blackbird, a Pacific Scooter thingy, even a couple of chiks on GN250s.. but no way Kapiti Ulysses ever got a dozen Hardleys together...

Maybe it was the HOG club... or maybe its just shit....

SARGE
8th August 2006, 14:41

i refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
Groucho Marx

SARGE
8th August 2006, 14:46
A Ulyssean with breasts hanging out :shit: :puke: Thanks for THAT picture, I've just had breakfast !

here's one for ya ..

"looks like she had a pair of rugby socks with a grapefruit in each tied around her neck..."

The_Dover
8th August 2006, 14:53
or as my dad always said "tits like spaniels ears"

Lou Girardin
8th August 2006, 15:17
here's one for ya ..

"looks like she had a pair of rugby socks with a grapefruit in each tied around her neck..."

Met Nicky Watson, have you?

SARGE
8th August 2006, 15:45
Met Nicky Watson, have you?

hasnt EVERYONE met the town bike?

SlowHand
8th August 2006, 15:51
I do tremble at the name of one m-sickle gang..

WIMA. dun du dunnn

SARGE
8th August 2006, 15:55
I do tremble at the name of one m-sickle gang..

WIMA. dun du dunnn

Wildabeasts In My Area

crazybigal
8th August 2006, 16:01
only "crime" is riding harleys in formation.

isnt riding a harley a crime anyway? should be!:yes: :yes:

Bloody Mad Woman (BMW)
8th August 2006, 16:25
Only went on one Usillies ride in Hawkes Bay - they deigned to let me tag along even tho I wasn't 40 - unfortunately I didn't tag along and was at the front with 2 other bikes. We stopped after about 40 mins of riding - I thought someone must have had an accident - no regroup. I had just finished saying I hadn't been on a bike for so long and I'm riding like a pig's arse - to which an old codger mumbled - well ya aint doin to bad luv - the rest of the pack is behind ya! Too ancient and slow for me - then went for a ride with the classic riders - they were faster and much friendlier. In the end I just rode on my own!
Yeah I've received a fair amount of harrassment from cops - lol I always get the personal attention and NEVER get let off - not like some ay Titan!

davereid
8th August 2006, 19:44
Seems to be a lot of slagging off of the Ulysses club, can't understand it.

Its not the HOG club ... get it right... if you still have the bollocks to be riding when you are 50 then you get to be in Ulysses.

Ya may be slow ya may ride a GN250, but you are riding.

On the other hand, if you never rode a bike since you were 16, then one day yer 50 with a pocket fulla money and you buy a Hardley and ride with HOG cos you know its sooooo fast and your soooo cool.

Bikers who slag off other real bikers just cos they don't ride hayabusas, or drag their knee onna corner should go and buy a subaru and unbolt one of their numberplate bolts, cos they are tossas.

scumdog
8th August 2006, 22:13
buy a subaru and unbolt one of their numberplate bolts, cos they are tossas.

Yeah you young 'uns, what's the guts with the slanty number plate thing anyway?:wait:
Is it a belief that buy throwing away one no. plate bolt you will lighten the car thereby making it faster??

TONO
8th August 2006, 22:55
Seems to be a lot of slagging off of the Ulysses club, can't understand it.

Its not the HOG club ... get it right... if you still have the bollocks to be riding when you are 50 then you get to be in Ulysses.

Ya may be slow ya may ride a GN250, but you are riding.

On the other hand, if you never rode a bike since you were 16, then one day yer 50 with a pocket fulla money and you buy a Hardley and ride with HOG cos you know its sooooo fast and your soooo cool.

Bikers who slag off other real bikers just cos they don't ride hayabusas, or drag their knee onna corner should go and buy a subaru and unbolt one of their numberplate bolts, cos they are tossas.

Well said Dave...:yes: you deserve sum rep from an old guy:blip: who still believes he still has what it takes:nya: & wont be joining Ulysses....:nono: they is generally just too slow for me:blip: :blip:

mattp
11th August 2006, 06:44
When thinking about all the rides I've been on a group of 6 or smaller is a lot better than the 10+ groups.

The best rides (IMO) is when there is only 3/4 of you that all ride at the same speed and if you have a flip up plate then you can always tell the pigs to F/O! :blip:

I never ride with people with patches as the cops always find a reason to tug these people. Also as I ride a Jap bike and turn ride Hogs we both have different speeds that we will ride at :blip:

idb
11th August 2006, 07:51
hmmmm so i guess i cant go riding with 3 of my friends at once anymore.....
maybe we should have 4 people in a cage and see if we get the same result???
I just wish I had three friends

scumdog
11th August 2006, 08:48
I just wish I had three friends

Are they all inside after the Q'town drug raids??
For a small fee I could arrange for some token 'friends' to keep you happy.:wait:

And where the hell have you been lately? We've all been worried sick about you!!

Blind spot
11th August 2006, 12:02
good reply idb, i havn't been on a ulysies ride but have met some of them, bloody good bunch IMHO, i notice they don't bother replying to the drivel on this thread, at least they enjoy themselves.

idb
14th August 2006, 12:20
Are they all inside after the Q'town drug raids??
For a small fee I could arrange for some token 'friends' to keep you happy.:wait:

And where the hell have you been lately? We've all been worried sick about you!!

That would explain the half-finished texts that I got during the night a couple of weeks back.
Ones like GT RD OF STFF. COPS BNGING ON MY........and then nothing!

ZeroIndex
14th August 2006, 13:09
Only went on one Usillies ride in Hawkes Bay - they deigned to let me tag along even tho I wasn't 40 - unfortunately I didn't tag along and was at the front with 2 other bikes. We stopped after about 40 mins of riding - I thought someone must have had an accident - no regroup. I had just finished saying I hadn't been on a bike for so long and I'm riding like a pig's arse - to which an old codger mumbled - well ya aint doin to bad luv - the rest of the pack is behind ya! Too ancient and slow for me - then went for a ride with the classic riders - they were faster and much friendlier. In the end I just rode on my own!
Yeah I've received a fair amount of harrassment from cops - lol I always get the personal attention and NEVER get let off - not like some ay Titan!

too slow? i think that's a fair bit of understatement.. i bet if i went on their 'twisty' ride again, i'd keep up (and pass a few) on my ct110 (and that tops out at 80km/h)

kevie
20th August 2006, 18:55
Haha thats classic!

Actually, I know of a certain KB member who has been banned from riding with Ulysses for life! lol

And I'm sure he was real cut up about it :lol:

His choice if he wants to own up :blip:

LOL Ive heard of a couple ppl told theyre not welcome in Ulysses, me being one of them, all cos my theorys dont fit in their tiny box :gob: . But hey ... I also know some awesome people that are in the club and on occasion ridden with them. too often a total group is judged by the actions of a minority, eg: happens with Maori cos of a few activists, Sports fans cos of a minority, also most cops are dam good guys but a few make the bad image.
Im sure if we looked round the site here we'd find a few here too .... :bleh: OI !!!! Stop looking at me !!!! :banana:

07fatboy
29th August 2006, 13:12
[Gotta be happy with that and with the new terrotist laws it gonna get worse im afraid

Lias
11th September 2006, 11:39
Wildabeasts In My Area

Bwhahahaha..

We just call em Dykes on Bykes.

NighthawkNZ
17th October 2006, 18:15
I have been on quite a few rides with Ulysses and enjoyed it... great bunch of guys... A biker cop heck even a cop not knowing who the Ulysses club is please... phssssst... :bs:

As for the slagging off... Well they are still riding at 50, 60 even 70... they are out doing what they enjoy, what we enjoy and they have been doing it a lot long that most of us... good on them... and from what i've seen in this forum... :dodge: its a wounder some of you are still riding/breathing...

err heck i only got 2 more years and i can join... :blah: when i'm 95 i'll have a mobility scooter so I can still go for rides :scooter: with my gheto blaster under the seat :headbang:

let the flames begin :shutup:

:whocares:

xwhatsit
22nd October 2006, 00:53
A guy I met not long after I got my bike, he lives down the road, he had his 80th b'day in May or March or something. He gave away his last bike a few years back, but liked the look of my bike so much he started getting ideas. Anyway, today he came past my house while I was putting the engine back together and told me he'd just bought a new bike! He said he'd ride past later on... about 30minutes later he turns up on a brand new GN250.

I think that's pretty cool. 80 years old and still riding. Who cares if it's a GN250 -- he fit a massive CX500 windshield on it haha and it looks like one of those American police bike type things.

I hope I'm still riding when I'm old enough to be a Ulysses member and haven't become too boring and busy. Who cares if they ride a bit slow... I ride like a nana anyway ^_^

slimjim
22nd October 2006, 09:58
:gob: yup nearly belived too, but that amount of cop's not knowing what ulysses is,, fucking crap:dodge:
yea me too a member of thee ulyss club, also have been pulled up with club member's by copper,
him wanting the bike that was overtaking car's doing 140, only problem him only saw rider wearing black,didn't catch a look at what bike the rider was on, how fucked up is that:shit: ,haha, and these 12 of us standing in leather's or other black suit's, all saying shit who you want !!:yes: :scooter:
but like all club's ,they have their lot of fuck wit's and fucking asshole's,
me ,part i know as been involved with different gang's over a lot of changing year's ,1%, club's have rules, thirty year's of road riding,H/way 61 to uylsses and the speed is almost the same, whether riding solo or in a group, asshole's also don't change,(well yea they seem too get a little looser!) haha

Ixion
22nd October 2006, 12:04
A guy I met not long after I got my bike, he lives down the road, he had his 80th b'day in May or March or something. He gave away his last bike a few years back, but liked the look of my bike so much he started getting ideas. Anyway, today he came past my house while I was putting the engine back together and told me he'd just bought a new bike! He said he'd ride past later on... about 30minutes later he turns up on a brand new GN250.

And I hope you told him about this site ? I've not seen him register so far.

Hillbilly
24th October 2006, 19:04
nono: they is generally just too slow for me:blip: :blip:

Define slow! Exactly what does age have to do with speed? There's a post around KB somewhere of a 45yr old winning a superbike series. Many BEARS and Post Classic racers are over 40 as well. Wouldn't exactly call them slow.