PDA

View Full Version : wanted zxr 250 parts needed

texmo
23rd July 2006, 03:23
I crashed my bike in the weekend and im after a tank, rear fairing and top fairings as well as a left clipon.

Thanks Texmo

Oh and trista you wont be getting that screen any more mine explodatroned. gotta love highsiding....

Bert
23rd July 2006, 09:37
I've also found a clipon for you.. I'll try and get it up by friday with the repaired rearset and pegs etc

texmo
23rd July 2006, 10:09
I've also found a clipon for you.. I'll try and get it up by friday with the repaired rearset and pegs etc
You are the man thanks dude. Dont worry if it takes a few weeks I still gotta get the bike to turn over and find a new tank for it. thanks dude!

cowpoos
23rd July 2006, 10:35
f1 engineering in hamilton should be able to repair your tank bro...

Brett
23rd July 2006, 11:56
Hm, sucks bro...bd luck at manfield? I will keep an eye out for parts while ding my searching. Is your headlight ok?
I *may* have a LH fairing for you, dpends if i hang onto it for race fairings.

Bert
23rd July 2006, 11:57
Heres a solution, that we use to use at the bike wreakers.

Quick tank repairs.
go to any good electrical supply shop (vtec's dad should be able to help), get the two pot, high voltage water proof joiner kit (rubber, epoxy sh!t), its not effected by petrol, and costs about 35-40 dollars. for 600mls

mix to about 1/2 of both pots together and pour into the empty tank, takes about 24 hours to dry so you can slowly roll the tank around to get a good covering around all the seams. (don't forget to take the tap off and tape up the tank). once set. redrill the tap fittings if needed. works real well, and will at less get the tank on the bike for next round.

texmo
23rd July 2006, 12:11
I might just buy some of that tank sealer stuff might be just as easy, then need it up the seam were it broke.
thanks again for the help bert.