PDA

View Full Version : I need a rider (this is not a personal ad!)

klingon
23rd July 2006, 11:28
Hey Goils (and probably the odd lurking guy... yes you!)

I recently split up with my boyfriend. :violin: Not only was he my lover and my best friend, but he was also the one who introduced me to bikes and took me out (occasionally) on the back of his. I'm not yet ready for a new lover or a new best friend but I'm definitely ready for a ride! :ride:

I don't have a bike of my own and it will be a long time yet before I can go out riding under my own steam :scooter:

SO... I'm looking for one or more SAFE, EXPERIENCED riders who would be happy to take me along on KB group rides once in a while. I will post a few facts about myself and I would like you to recommend riders who you think might fit the bill. You can send me a PM, or ask that person to PM me, or post the suggestion here.

About me...
height: 5' 8"
weight: not telling! (let's say "fairly substantial but not huge")
gear: I have my own helmet, gloves & jacket, will get the pants soon.
riding experience: none
pillion experience: very little

What I'm looking for...
An experienced rider who is also experienced in taking pillions.
Someone who will ride safely and make me feel safe on the back.
A bike with a comfy seat :D (cup holder, DVD player and armrests optional).

What I can offer in return...
Petrol money, and coffee at the coffee stops!

By the way, this is not a dating ad in disguise so please feel free to recommend your husband, partner, gay or married friend! I promise I won't bite! :innocent:

ogr1
23rd July 2006, 11:35
Jee.........Your so far away....otherwise I would....sorry.

texmo
23rd July 2006, 11:38
I rember zandale? doing this a while ago. Didnt work out very well....

Colapop
23rd July 2006, 11:46
What ever happened with that?

Maha
23rd July 2006, 11:56
Good luck with that klingon, beat advice is to keep looking at meetings/events and put your hand up as a pillion for an ride that takes your fancy..... someone will offer up 1/2 their seat, just dont offer up to feed anyone cos' they might just que for the job.............then again?...:whistle:

Qkchk
23rd July 2006, 11:58
I would love to offer you my rear seat - only probs its on a R1. If I still had the Busa it would of been sweet as... (The R1 has a butt-splitting rear seat, smaller than the size of a phonebook)

Maha
23rd July 2006, 12:01
I rember zandale? doing this a while ago. Didnt work out very well....
What happened?..... i know nothing of this, was zandale never seen again?
Did zandale end up in small claims court?
Did zanedale need to be inflated before being strapped to the bike ?

texmo
23rd July 2006, 12:09
What happened?..... i know nothing of this, was zandale never seen again?
Did zandale end up in small claims court?
Did zanedale need to be inflated before being strapped to the bike ?
Dunno but her tits were fantastic.

andrea
23rd July 2006, 12:10
hey gurl sorry to hear bout that, Im sure there is afew handsom kind kb lads out there willing to take you out on the kb rides.

inlinefour
23rd July 2006, 12:15
If your ever over these parts the naki crew will give ya a ride. I'll dust off the rear seat on the CBR, although I suspect you'd like the back of the cb350f more...:scooter:

jazbug5
23rd July 2006, 12:46
You poor thing, sorry to hear that.

Don't take this the wrong way, but have you considered maybe looking at getting your bike license? Nothing at all wrong with being a pillion, but you might enjoy piloting your own bike even more!
I'm sure there would be a lot of encouragement from everyone here if you felt like you'd like to try.

Good luck, whatever you decide to do.

klingon
23rd July 2006, 15:04
Don't take this the wrong way, but have you considered maybe looking at getting your bike license? Nothing at all wrong with being a pillion, but you might enjoy piloting your own bike even more!
I'm sure there would be a lot of encouragement from everyone here if you felt like you'd like to try.

Thanks Jazbug. I'm definitely planning to get a bike of my own, but have to save up for a while first. :) Even when I get my own bike it will be a while before I have the skill and confidence to go on some of the longer rides, so until then I'll be happy to be a back seat rider!

By the way, thanks to those people who've sent me supportive PMs and offers of rides. What a friendly bunch of folks! :) Seeing all that gorgeous sunshine yesterday just made me want to get out there amongst it! :sunny:

klingon
23rd July 2006, 15:24
hey gurl sorry to hear bout that, Im sure there is afew handsom kind kb lads out there willing to take you out on the kb rides.

andrea you reminded me that I missed one very important requirement... handsomeness! The back of the rider's helmet must be very handsome because I'm going to be looking at it for a long time. His or her face can look like roadkill for all I care! :gob:

On second thoughts, if their face looks like roadkill that might be a bad reflection on their riding skills.... maybe I should take that back...

RT527
23rd July 2006, 16:05
andrea you reminded me that I missed one very important requirement... handsomeness! The back of the rider's helmet must be very handsome because I'm going to be looking at it for a long time. His or her face can look like roadkill for all I care! :gob:

On second thoughts, if their face looks like roadkill that might be a bad reflection on their riding skills.... maybe I should take that back...

I gots an Idea...You could always tape a mirror to the back of the Helmet...There ya go Problem Solved.:sunny:

Marmoot
23rd July 2006, 19:00
zinedine zandalee, famous for headbutting the rider

skidMark
23rd July 2006, 19:44
i would...if i had my full license ...

M1CRO
23rd July 2006, 22:19
No problem if you want a seat on the Busa... lol
Is off the road for a while whilst I get some "stuff" done to it.. Will PM ya in around 3-4 weeks :)

P.S. I dont ride slow very often

andrea
23rd July 2006, 22:30

mwahaha hmm yeah good point, the guy that rides the tl1000 at work is a nasty piece of work :sick: hmm i might suggest he put on abit of lippy to pretty himself up for his boss.

klingon
24th July 2006, 08:40
What I'm looking for...
An experienced rider who is also experienced in taking pillions.
Someone who will ride safely and make me feel safe on the back.

i would...if i had my full license ...

ummmm... markauckland I think it would take more than a full license to make you fit the criteria... but thanks for the offer :killingme

SpeedyGirl
24th July 2006, 11:59
If your ever over these parts the naki crew will give ya a ride. I'll dust off the rear seat on the CBR, although I suspect you'd like the back of the cb350f more...:scooter:

Oi you, should i not be consulted on the lending out of my seat????:nya: especially to another lady!!:nono:

inlinefour
24th July 2006, 16:09
Oi you, should i not be consulted on the lending out of my seat????:nya: especially to another lady!!:nono:

I was wondering if you wanted it anymore as its been sitting in the garage in the box that the rear seat cowl arrived in.
What about the rear seat of the CB, DRZ or GT, is it just the CBR thats off limits? :innocent:

cougar
24th July 2006, 16:31
do you have your car licence??:doobey:
I have a 50 thats not small you could ride on ya car licene and sit ya bike licence on it and get ya skill leavel up while enjoying a gental breeze:scooter:

SpeedyGirl
24th July 2006, 16:45
I was wondering if you wanted it anymore as its been sitting in the garage in the box that the rear seat cowl arrived in.
What about the rear seat of the CB, DRZ or GT, is it just the CBR thats off limits? :innocent:

Absolutley, I will be there a Xmas!!! :blip:

Phenoix
25th July 2006, 19:25
I've actually meet Klingon, so she isnt a figment of someones imagination.
And hell, she even harrasses Mark, so cant be too bad :P

klingon
25th July 2006, 20:05
lol thanks for the verification Phenoix... I'm definitely a real klingon, not an imaginary one :)

2much
25th July 2006, 20:28
Two guys up your way who immediately spring to mind and may be worth a pm are Terbang and Beyond.

They both have very comfy pillion seats, their skill and experience are unquestionable, and I would happily jump on the back of either bike without concern.

Goodluck in your search for a pillion seat Klingon.

Grahameeboy
25th July 2006, 20:41
ummmm... markauckland I think it would take more than a full license to make you fit the criteria... but thanks for the offer :killingme

Hasn't taken you long to suss him out.............:rockon:soz to hear about your break up....

Grahameeboy
25th July 2006, 20:44
Two guys up your way who immediately spring to mind and may be worth a pm are Terbang and Beyond.

They both have very comfy pillion seats, their skill and experience are unquestionable, and I would happily jump on the back of either bike without concern.

Goodluck in your search for a pillion seat Klingon.

Only know Beyond and I agree......just watch out for his bum hangover antics......sorry Paul..youz know what I mean Darling.

SARGE
25th July 2006, 22:27

she said

SAFE, EXPERIENCED riders

aff-man
25th July 2006, 23:20
she said

SAFE, EXPERIENCED riders

She also said thier face musn't look like roadkill.... so I guess that counts you out old man...

Offer is out there, and I also second or is it third beyond... much comfier bike and an excellent rider.

SARGE
25th July 2006, 23:25
She also said thier face musn't look like roadkill.... so I guess that counts you out old man...

Offer is out thier.

its character man .. and just to clue you in..i want to give you a bit of wisdom passed onto me from my dear old dad ..

age, experience and trechery will alway beat Youth, Enthusiasm and Strength

besides.. my wife and your mom think im good looking ..

aff-man
26th July 2006, 09:26
besides.. my wife and your mom think im good looking ..

true but then your wife is blind and my mom is desperate.....

SARGE
26th July 2006, 09:57
my mom is desperate.....

that goes in quotable quotes...